Will this cop end up being a roomy with his friend in the video? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Will this cop end up being a roomy with his friend in the video?

DanaT
05-18-2011, 09:47
Just another night of good police work on the news...

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-exclusive-denver-deputy-fired-for-chocking-inmate-then-lying-20110517,0,5449261.story

"The City of Denver released a new videotape Tuesday showing a Denver sheriff’s deputy putting an inmate in a chokehold.

The deputy was fired in January for the use of excessive force and lying about the incident to his supervisors and internal affairs.

Officials say it wasn’t the first time Deputy Joseph Webster had used excessive force. Between 2004 and 2010, he had been suspended twice, once for 45 days and another time for 3 day. He had also received verbal and written reprimands three other times."

Maybe he didn't learn from the first three reprimands and the first two suspensions. It seems that the IA found probable cause in at least 6 cases now that this "officer" uses bad judgement and exessive force. I would say that excessive force is assualt.

Maybe he will be roomies with the guy he was choking and witch slapping around.

-Dana

barstoolguru
05-18-2011, 10:32
I hear he applied for a job on jerry springer as a stage body guard

DanaT
05-18-2011, 10:38
:rofl:I hear he applied for a job on jerry springer as a stage body guard

:rofl:

I heard one of the GT LEO was going to recommend him for their department because he was following reasonable officer standards when he was insulted.

Booker
05-27-2011, 13:01
This case is a prime example of why the gov should not be in charge of investigating the gov.

It's like allowing the fox to do inventory at the hen-house, You're never gonna feel comfortable with the results!

1 old 0311
05-27-2011, 13:20
A) Choke holds are really no big deal. Hell we learned those in Marine Boot Camp. Society doesn't like them though.

B) THIS is about the lamest example I have seen. Who taught this idiot.

C) Choking a handcuff guy for bad language shows the Cop was just a punk with a badge, and a attitude.

KTM950S
05-28-2011, 15:02
I don't get it. Shouldn't we be applauding Internal Affairs for conducting a thorough, fair, and objective investigation...and giving kudos to officials for taking the appropriate action?:dunno:

S16N4L
05-30-2011, 00:02
I don't get it. Shouldn't we be applauding Internal Affairs for conducting a thorough, fair, and objective investigation...and giving kudos to officials for taking the appropriate action?:dunno:

In this case I would say yes. It's refreshing to see an out of line LEO getting punishment that exceeds suspension with pay. I never understand that as a punishment anyway. How is giving someone a paid vacation a punishment? That's a whole other topic though. I give kudos to the internal affairs of this department. I wish they dropped the hammer hard like this more often.

cowboywannabe
05-30-2011, 00:32
who hand cuffed the puke in the front anyway?

Brucev
05-31-2011, 08:36
Given his record why Webster is not being arrested and charged with assault? Why is he not having to post bond?