1 Step closer for Baltimore City [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1 Step closer for Baltimore City

rsagona1
05-18-2011, 13:45
Passed the written. Also currently in the process with another agency as well, and I am at the final stages for that one.

The good thing about BCPD is it would be different, not from there. I am used to the country.

Vigilant
05-18-2011, 14:15
Good luck to you.

Remember, SOP is your friend.

Patchman
05-18-2011, 14:47
Good luck.

txleapd
05-18-2011, 15:34
Good luck!

igor
05-18-2011, 17:59
Good luck to you grad of class 73-7

unit 900
05-19-2011, 18:28
If you can get on with Balto County, do yourself a favor and grab it. Better pay and working conditions and an actual tax base. If you do go with the City, keep an eye out for lateral transfer opportunities. All the best to you, whatever comes your way.

kgain673
05-20-2011, 15:04
Whats the other department?

BigCity
05-20-2011, 15:26
Are you crazy man? Watch your six!

rsagona1
05-23-2011, 14:45
Whats the other department?

Montgomery County is the other. They are having a class in July. Been in the process since 09.

Are you crazy man? Watch your six!

At this point, as this thread explains (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340719), I'd just like to get hired:rofl:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the good thoughts.

rsagona1
05-23-2011, 14:53
If you can get on with Balto County, do yourself a favor and grab it. Better pay and working conditions and an actual tax base. If you do go with the City, keep an eye out for lateral transfer opportunities. All the best to you, whatever comes your way.

Thanks. Unfortunately, they are having a stiff hiring freeze, for a while from what I can tell.

rsagona1
05-23-2011, 14:53
I applied to PG County online, never heard back. May have gotten lost in the paperwork. I'll give them a call next week.

Patchman
05-23-2011, 16:46
Montgomery County is the other. They are having a class in July. Been in the process since 09.

At this point, as this thread explains (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340719), I'd just like to get hired:rofl:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the good thoughts.

As I'm sure you may have realized, it's much easier to lateral into another LE position when you're already working as a LEO. As long as you're young enough (for retirement purposes, which will be here before you know it) keep all your options open for as long as possible.

rsagona1
05-24-2011, 13:28
As I'm sure you may have realized, it's much easier to lateral into another LE position when you're already working as a LEO. As long as you're young enough (for retirement purposes, which will be here before you know it) keep all your options open for as long as possible.
Good advice. Honestly, if chosen by Baltimore, I would probably stay. It would require me to move into the city (so the commute is shorter), so I most likely would stay.

We'll see though. At this point my life isn't even remotely as I planned it:rofl:

unit 900
05-24-2011, 17:31
Good advice. Honestly, if chosen by Baltimore, I would probably stay. It would require me to move into the city (so the commute is shorter), so I most likely would stay.

We'll see though. At this point my life isn't even remotely as I planned it:rofl:

Not to bash the city I served for almost 3 decades, but you do know the city has the highest tax rate in the state. The schools are a byword for mediocrity, pretty much necessitating private schools when the progeny arrive. You might want to consider an adjacent suburb to the north or northeast of the city. Close enough for a quick commute, safe enough so you can stay in condition yellow off duty instead of orange. Again, good luck in your pursuits (personal that is, BPD has a no pursuit policy)

rsagona1
05-25-2011, 07:54
Not to bash the city I served for almost 3 decades, but you do know the city has the highest tax rate in the state. The schools are a byword for mediocrity, pretty much necessitating private schools when the progeny arrive. You might want to consider an adjacent suburb to the north or northeast of the city. Close enough for a quick commute, safe enough so you can stay in condition yellow off duty instead of orange. Again, good luck in your pursuits (personal that is, BPD has a no pursuit policy)
I looked, unfortunately no one is hiring. Almost no one. Do you have any suggestions? Heck, even MPD is on a freeze.

rsagona1
05-25-2011, 12:32
Unit 900, can I please PM you?