Sending my P6 out for the Sig Service Plan? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sending my P6 out for the Sig Service Plan?

Kadetklapp
05-20-2011, 07:03
Lately I've had to sell a few guns to take care of unexpected home repairs. My consolation prize to myself for having to do so was going to be to send out my recently-purchased (back in February) P6 to Sig for participation in the Sig Service Plan, which I've seen mentioned here a few times. I'm kind of apprehensive however, because mainly I've never shipped a gun of any kind before. I'm assuming FedEx will be the carrier Sig will want me to use. I'm also concerned that they will find things "wrong" with the gun that will either cost a lot to fix or they won't be able to fix. It's a great shooting pistol, but it's well-used and has some wear. I've also heard a few stories about Sig's less-than-steller customer service.

So has anyone used this service? Anyone sent a P6 in and had any trouble?

jwhite75
05-20-2011, 07:12
is that the one where they do a refinish and Nightsights and replace worn parts for like $100 bucks? If so, another guy on another forum I frequent had it done and was extremely pleased. He sent a P226.

NH Trucker
05-20-2011, 07:21
I recently picked up a P228 and I'm thinking of sending it there for the same work. I need to find out though if I can just drop it off and pick it up when it's done though to try and save on shipping, because I drive past them every day...

Kadetklapp
05-20-2011, 08:34
is that the one where they do a refinish and Nightsights and replace worn parts for like $100 bucks? If so, another guy on another forum I frequent had it done and was extremely pleased. He sent a P226.

Yes. It's about $140 for the service, but still seems like a good deal considering you get new sights.

vantage
05-20-2011, 16:35
I had no trouble sending in my p226. I used FedEx and just had to go to their main branch rather than a Kinkos location. Their service was excellent and shipped the pistol back to my door within a few days.

Easy and highly recommended.

Kadetklapp
02-08-2012, 14:28
I'm still kicking this around. Hoping maybe some others can chime in here. Anyone had a P6 go thru this program?

bob35
02-08-2012, 18:52
I ran my 1983 P220 through this program and they did a great job. The black frame was discolored by their cleaning process so they refinished it also, no charge. Took about three months but it was worth the wait.

Road Dog
02-08-2012, 19:07
I sent in a 1989 226 a few years back. Sig did a good job.

seamaster
02-09-2012, 00:15
I don't know if it's worth sending in a P6. It's one of those guns that I consider DIY especially if it's pre 1980ish that doesn't feed hollow points.

I'd sell it and take that money and the extra you planned on spending on it and buy a west german 226.

Of if its for cc and you like the size of the P6 I'd trade it for a CZ PCR.

I guess I'm not much help!

Glock40man
02-09-2012, 00:35
I don't know if it's worth sending in a P6. It's one of those guns that I consider DIY especially if it's pre 1980ish that doesn't feed hollow points.

I'd sell it and take that money and the extra you planned on spending on it and buy a west german 226.

The P6 does feed 115 gr. HPs or, at least mine does.

Kadetklapp
02-09-2012, 08:07
Blah blah blah

You're right, you're not.

Wurger
02-09-2012, 08:33

Mine runs fine with Remington 115gr hollow points as well.

CBennett
02-09-2012, 09:15

some will some wont just depends on the gun and I believe the year from the reading ive done.

CBennett
02-09-2012, 09:16
You're right, you're not.

Agreed, didnt answer anything the OP asked about lol.

Oh and yes, for that price(which I consider cheap insurance) id send it in and make sure its all good get it ready to go for the future and get some decent sights to boot.

IV Troop
02-11-2012, 08:24

I have 2 P6 Sigs and both feed hollow point ammunition with 100% reliability.

:upeyes:

I am interested to see if Sig will work on the P6 Sigs. Will stay tuned ....

Kadetklapp
02-16-2012, 10:52
I called Sig to confirm that they will upgrade the sights on this gun. They stated as long as the sights weren't "Pinned" they will be replaced with new nightsights. Anyone know how the sights are mounted on the P6?

m2hmghb
02-16-2012, 16:33
I called Sig to confirm that they will upgrade the sights on this gun. They stated as long as the sights weren't "Pinned" they will be replaced with new nightsights. Anyone know how the sights are mounted on the P6?

Standard dovetail Klapp. I had to take a set out as I'm refinishing the slide, the front were frozen and I ended up having to cut them out.