PDA

View Full Version : K9 shot, killed.

pesticidal
05-20-2011, 07:19
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/320506/group/homepage/

:steamed:

A6Gator
05-20-2011, 07:24
Sad story. I hope they find the ******nozzle that did this and gets what he deserves...:steamed:

Dalton Wayne
05-20-2011, 07:26
I hope the catch the scum that did this :steamed:

Patchman
05-20-2011, 07:48
Darn this is a strange story. Or is this typical rural stuff?

Both dogs ran away together. At some point somebody shot them both and picked up the carcasses, transported them, and dumped them at that location.

I'm guessing the two dogs were shot on the shooter's property.

Vigilant
05-20-2011, 08:21
First-class name for a K-9. Such a shame.

Brucev
05-20-2011, 09:16
Sorry his dogs were shot. No reason or rational to assume that they were shot with prejudice. In our area stray dogs are a problem. No blame for anyone who would shoot a stray/feral dog. For many years I've owned a number of dogs. Currently own a nice bird dog. She is not allowed to run free and roam on other people's property.

MeefZah
05-20-2011, 13:48
I feel bad for the handler, that's rough.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-20-2011, 17:03
Sorry his dogs were shot. No reason or rational to assume that they were shot with prejudice. In our area stray dogs are a problem. No blame for anyone who would shoot a stray/feral dog. For many years I've owned a number of dogs. Currently own a nice bird dog. She is not allowed to run free and roam on other people's property.

Anything to kick a cop when he's down, huh?

Why do you troll on CopTalk?

Keeperofthedew
05-20-2011, 21:33
NAC, but he has a legitimate point.
At least around here feral dogs have been an issue from time to time in the rural areas, and coyotes always are.
Often times farmers will just shoot a dog they see running loose on their property. Would I? Not unless it was actively aggressive towards me or my livestock, but then I'm a dog person.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of his neighbors south on the road saw the dogs running loose on his property, shot them, and then when he went to collect the bodies recognized the dogs, and didn't want to deal with any repercussions from owning up to it, so drove them up the road past the guy's house and dumped them. Were it me I would have owned up to it, but I don't know how politics work in that town.
I don't hold with shooting dogs for the fun of it, but I can understand why someone in the country might shoot any dog loose on their property, especially if they've lost livestock to feral dogs before.
Again, I feel for the cop, my dogs have always been part of the family, and I expect he was at least that close to his, that has to hurt. But when your dog gets loose, you have to accept that things like this can happen and the shooter isn't necessarily in the wrong.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-21-2011, 05:56
NAC, but he has a legitimate point.
At least around here feral dogs have been an issue from time to time in the rural areas, and coyotes always are.
Often times farmers will just shoot a dog they see running loose on their property. Would I? Not unless it was actively aggressive towards me or my livestock, but then I'm a dog person.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of his neighbors south on the road saw the dogs running loose on his property, shot them, and then when he went to collect the bodies recognized the dogs, and didn't want to deal with any repercussions from owning up to it, so drove them up the road past the guy's house and dumped them. Were it me I would have owned up to it, but I don't know how politics work in that town.
I don't hold with shooting dogs for the fun of it, but I can understand why someone in the country might shoot any dog loose on their property, especially if they've lost livestock to feral dogs before.
Again, I feel for the cop, my dogs have always been part of the family, and I expect he was at least that close to his, that has to hurt. But when your dog gets loose, you have to accept that things like this can happen and the shooter isn't necessarily in the wrong.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all.

However, Brucev has a very low opinion of LE and will share this attitude with all of coptalk any chance he gets. It gets old after awhile.

TBO
05-21-2011, 09:34
Brucev is a drive-by LE basher.

OldScribe2009
05-21-2011, 11:58

To me, it seems too much of a coincidence for the dogs to die (and be found) this way.