need help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : need help

gumdokid
05-20-2011, 22:29
need a new duty flashlight looking for a bright light. rechargeable or batteries preferably rechargeable. been looking at fenix lights or bayco if anyone carries these can u please input on how the are. if not any suggestions are appreciated. and looking for it to have a strobe feature.

BennerP220
05-20-2011, 22:42
You definitely need a streamlight strion LED. I would also recommend the streamlight LED stinger HP.

I work as a sheriff's deputy on motor patrol for close to ten years. I am a bit of a flashlight guy and these are what I carry every day.

Cochese
05-21-2011, 01:09
You definitely need a streamlight strion LED. I would also recommend the streamlight LED stinger HP.

I work as a sheriff's deputy on motor patrol for close to ten years. I am a bit of a flashlight guy and these are what I carry every day.

When the hell does a motor jock need a flashlight??

For when the power goes out in the bathroom at the Fuddruckers when your trying to get them hooker boots back on?

Kidding! I love our peacocks.

mrdann
05-21-2011, 11:02
Olight M30

DaBigBR
05-21-2011, 12:14
Strion LED for a rechargeable
Polytac LED for a non-rechargeable (no strobe, though)

Both are small, bright, and affordable. Both are made by a reputable manufacturer with a well regarded lifetime warranty.

/thread

collim1
05-21-2011, 12:30
I have carried a Streamlight Stinger rechargeable for about 6 years now. I tried the Stinger LED and went back to the incandescent light. I just do not like the way the LED light looks in certain situations.

I still keep the LED in my bag with a traffic cone on it. I do not see a strobe feature being useful for anything but traffic direction. Inside a house with the strobe on it looks too much like a disco going on, way to distracting for real use.

DaBigBR
05-21-2011, 14:32
My only qualm with the Stinger is the NiMh battery. The added size can be an advantage (still use my SL-20XP LED all the time), but the lithium battery in the Strion is far superior.

BennerP220
05-21-2011, 22:45
When the hell does a motor jock need a flashlight??

For when the power goes out in the bathroom at the Fuddruckers when your trying to get them hooker boots back on?

Kidding! I love our peacocks.

Now that is some funny ****! :rofl: I drive a crown vic, though. Never been on a bike. I'm dangerous enough on four wheels, let alone two!!:tongueout: