The Saw-zil [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Saw-zil

Mrs.Cicero
05-21-2011, 16:08
Team Mrs.Cicero/Saw-zil 1
Swing set 0
Mosquitoes 33

I never used a Saw-zil(sp?) before. Today I hacked the metal swingset into 24 - 4' pieces (so the trash collectors would take it). By myself. Because Mr.C didn't get it done before he left for Poland. I REALLY like the Saw-zil. I might have to wave it at him threateningly when he gets home...:tongueout::tongueout: If the dratted mosquitoes don't carry it off first...

And I figured out how to get the broken blade end out of it, too...

I am overly pleased with myself and think I deserve some American Honey now.

I hope everyone else is having as much fun this weekend...:wavey:

Mrs.Cicero

NRA_guy
05-21-2011, 16:31
It's a "Sawzall" made by Milwaukee, but it has become a generic term like "Kleenex" and lots of companies make them.

And yes, they are great for cutting out a bunch of stuff that you don't want to reuse.

LINK (http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Sawzall/SawzallHome.aspx)

sawgrass
05-22-2011, 08:06
Mrs.Cicero it's a fantastic tool. There are multiple blades available. I use an 18 volt battery powered Dewalt sawzall for trimming trees and cutting brush.
My old electric Milwaukee has been a trusted friend. A few years ago I cut up a hottub with it and fed it in weekly peices to the trash can.

Good luck as you continue to get your house ready and I hope it sells quickly!

Mrs.Cicero
05-22-2011, 08:15
I like it waaaaay better than the chainsaw. And I have a collection of blades for it, I may be wandering around the yard on my mulching breaks just looking for something to hack to bits.

Mrs.C

Lone_Wolfe
05-23-2011, 11:35
With the right blade on one of them there's not much it can't cut, as long as what's being cut isn't too big. Now if we could find the right blade for cutting up the mosquitos......

MrsKitty
05-23-2011, 11:58
Mrs.Cicero it's a fantastic tool. There are multiple blades available. I use an 18 volt battery powered Dewalt sawzall for trimming trees and cutting brush.
My old electric Milwaukee has been a trusted friend. A few years ago I cut up a hottub with it and fed it in weekly peices to the trash can.

Good luck as you continue to get your house ready and I hope it sells quickly!

My father is a huge fan of the 18v Dewalt stuff.

Well, all except the hammer drill that burned up the first time I used it. :embarassed:

I told him it was getting hot! He told me to quit making excuses and keep working. Well, that's exactly what I did. For a while anyway. :rofl:

Dewalt replaced it and gave essentially gave him two batteries. He sent it to them without the battery because it was part of this big kit and the battery fit other stuff he would need while it was gone. They sent him a new one and a battery with it.

I've heard that their quality has gone down since then (10 years ago) but I know the Dewalt stuff he has never has given any problems.

MrsKitty
05-23-2011, 12:00
With the right blade on one of them there's not much it can't cut, as long as what's being cut isn't too big. Now if we could find the right blade for cutting up the mosquitos......

Plasma cutter?

OxyAcetaline torch?

Flame thrower?

Lone_Wolfe
05-23-2011, 12:03
Plasma cutter?

OxyAcetaline torch?

Flame thrower?

A good start..............

sawgrass
05-23-2011, 12:24
Plasma cutter?

OxyAcetaline torch?

Flame thrower?

:rofl::rofl:That might do it!

I bought a seven piece Dewalt set years ago. All of those tools have been great. I frequently use the skill saw, the sheet metal shear, the driver and the sawzall. The Dewalt charger/radio is great too. I've beat that thing up and it works great!

A little bit ago, for the first time I used a Black and Decker 20v lithium battery weed whip. It was GREAT! With the TWO batteries I was able to do everything I needed to do which is a fair amount. It was light and simple.
No gas to mix and no cord to tangle. LOVED IT! ON SALE for $110.00 at Menards.

Mrs.Cicero
05-23-2011, 17:20
If the rain holds off, I'm going to try it on the dead plum tree in my side yard...
Then I'll have a bonfire and burn the deck, that tree, and all the storm fall.

Mrs.Cicero:supergrin:

sawgrass
05-23-2011, 20:24
If the rain holds off, I'm going to try it on the dead plum tree in my side yard...
Then I'll have a bonfire and burn the deck, that tree, and all the storm fall.

Mrs.Cicero:supergrin:

I bet that plum wood would be great for smoking/grilling!

After fighting with some cedar branches and quite a bit of buckthorn I got out the electric sawzall this afternoon. It made short work out of all of it.

How was the bonfire?

RyanNREMTP
05-31-2011, 09:14
With the right blade they will cut up a car faster than a set of jaws.

MrsKitty
05-31-2011, 18:01
Sometimes speed is everything, too. :)

1200feather
06-02-2011, 19:43
I don't swing an axe, but I do swing a sledgehammer at the gym. That has to count for something.

sawgrass
06-03-2011, 08:18
I don't swing an axe, but I do swing a sledgehammer at the gym. That has to count for something.

:dunno: Does a little bell ring if you make it to the top?:rofl:

eracer
06-03-2011, 08:44
I once used my Milwaukee Sawzall to 'disassemble' a couch in situ.

Love my Sawzall...

(Good job Mrs.C)

1200feather
06-04-2011, 12:29
:dunno: Does a little bell ring if you make it to the top?:rofl: ha! No...we hit tires with them. It's a workout popular with boxers - but it's great for cardio and conditioning.