Daniel Defense M4 Torture Test (Video) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense M4 Torture Test (Video)

zibby43
05-21-2011, 20:09
Pretty interesting video. Could alternatively be titled Aimpoint torture test as well.

https://danieldefense.com/TortureTest

StevieJ
05-21-2011, 20:33
Badass! Major props to them for even being willing to do that.

Randy from Kansas
05-21-2011, 21:11
No kidding those Aimpoints are tough

bmoore
05-21-2011, 21:44
Im more impressed with the Aimpoint.

zibby43
05-21-2011, 23:33

Yeah . . . but the rifle's performance wasn't too shabby either hah.

CGP
05-22-2011, 00:12
Impressive, though it would be more interesting if they did the higher drop tests on concrete (like the 6 ft drop) instead of soft mud and grass.

ducdungt
05-22-2011, 00:33
WOW :wow:

Pardoner
05-22-2011, 08:30

Far more impressed with the aimpoint.

With the dust cover closed and the barrel sealed, I can shovel dirt on my m4 all day long and it will fire just fine and it cost me half of what theirs cost.

They were also dropping the rifle flat out of the trucks, etc. Try dropping it barrel first or stock first. That is the most likely scenario for a soldier "dropping" one from a truck, etc.

bmoore
05-22-2011, 09:00
Far more impressed with the aimpoint.

With the dust cover closed and the barrel sealed, I can shovel dirt on my m4 all day long and it will fire just fine and it cost me half of what theirs cost.

They were also dropping the rifle flat out of the trucks, etc. Try dropping it barrel first or stock first. That is the most likely scenario for a soldier "dropping" one from a truck, etc.

Yeah this was along the lines of my thinking as well. No doubt its a great rifle. If I am going to empty my wallet on red dot I think I know what I am going to get now.

BBJones
05-22-2011, 10:23
I can't believe some of you are minimizing those tests. The fact that one rifle went through all that and still functioned is amazing.

Kansas Slim
05-22-2011, 10:27
Those Aimpoints are crazy tough. And I gotta say, it seems to me like Daniel Defense is building a very solid and enviable rep that just about any other company would be lucky to have. Actually, the feature article in my last GUNS Magazine was on the DD M4v5 (I think that's the right model name). I have to say, if I ever go to a 5.56 DGI gun then it will probably be a Daniel Defense carbine. They also make 'em in 6.8SPC too, which has become my favorite all-around AR cartridge, and I hear they use the SPECII chamber and the 4-groove 1 in 11" twist which will allow the utmost performace from the 6.8. Pretty cool stuff.

Pardoner
05-22-2011, 10:56
I can't believe some of you are minimizing those tests. The fact that one rifle went through all that and still functioned is amazing.

FAR more impressive test!

Dust cover open!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8SSQ_wIG4o&feature=related

And they aren't even taping up the barrel before each test!

And what does a calvary arms rifle cost compared to DD?

bullittmcqueen
05-22-2011, 11:18
Aimpoint should post this on their frontpage.

Ruggles
05-22-2011, 11:26
That ain't nothing ! This is a torture test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAohtjG14c&feature=related

Until you gun burst into flames you have not pushed it :)

Yeah that little Aimpoint is pretty stout looking :)

zibby43
05-22-2011, 11:27
FAR more impressive test!

Dust cover open!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8SSQ_wIG4o&feature=related

And they aren't even taping up the barrel before each test!

And what does a calvary arms rifle cost compared to DD?

I think that the purpose of the test was to simulate a variety of potential situations that the rifle could encounter in a combat situation, not to do the most exhaustive dirt test possible.

zibby43
05-22-2011, 11:29

I agree. Shot with birdshot and subjected to an explosion and still ran like a champ. :wow:

Pardoner
05-22-2011, 11:54
I agree. Shot with birdshot and subjected to an explosion and still ran like a champ. :wow:

Shoot it with #4 buck, something a little closer to the mass of a real shell fragment and I will be impressed.

djegators
05-22-2011, 12:14
LOL...just as good for half the price...that ended this thread for me.

CarryTexas
05-22-2011, 16:45
For Sale: Daniels Defense M4 Carbine w/ Aimpoint Micro. Excellent condition! Less than 200 rounds through it.

Few minor scratches. Like new!:whistling:

Durden
05-23-2011, 22:23
These guys have all been eating way too much BBQ.

The DD M4 holds up fine, but I doubt any of them could hump it for 40 kilometers within a day's time.

djegators
05-24-2011, 05:23
These guys have all been eating way too much BBQ.

The DD M4 holds up fine, but I doubt any of them could hump it for 40 kilometers within a day's time.

Are you referring to Larry Vickers? Because he did just that and more for decades.

BBJones
05-24-2011, 09:03
Are you referring to Larry Vickers? Because he did just that and more for decades.

+1
Not a LAV fanboy, but that guy has a very impressive military background. He got out in 2003 and has certainly packed on the pounds. He has earned that privilege. As far as the DD boys, I don't know enough about them to comment about their background. They do make a fine rifle and I think that was the point of the video.

JASV.17
05-24-2011, 09:35
+1
Not a LAV fanboy, but that guy has a very impressive military background. He got out in 2003 and has certainly packed on the pounds. He has earned that privilege.

Very true.

brisk21
05-24-2011, 11:11
That aimpoint lost zero after a measly helicopter drop! What a piece of crap!! J/J!!! Seriously though, I want to see side by side torture tests along with other M4s to see what the DD carbine held up to that others wouldn't. Stand alone torture tests are pointless.