Just question about KAC qual? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just question about KAC qual?

ScrappyDoo
05-22-2011, 11:37
Just a brief question.... I always thought Knight's Armament Co was a top qual/ first class company...And would love to have their AR's... the SR-25 would be a dream for me and when I saw they have a SR-15 I thought, perfect for an "extra" AR to have a great AR next to my Bushmaster...

But I read a thread on Professional Soldiers/Quiet Professionals forum, basically saying "question about KAC quality" and everyone was like NO DON'T DO IT DON'T DO IT, and I believe a few direct quotes " Run Don'T Walk away from KAC and to Larue Tactical"...

Now I have no problem accepting LaRue, also a dream type rifle, and I am really drooling over the PredAR / SPR... but does that take away from the quality of KACs?

Just curious I don't have the cash right now but like to have things to dream on.

djegators
05-22-2011, 12:13
Never heard any of these comments in regards to KAC on any of the forums I frequent.

mjkeat
05-22-2011, 12:25
Link to where you read this?

ScrappyDoo
05-22-2011, 12:49
http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32609

mjkeat
05-22-2011, 15:35
I read through that thread and it caused me to do a little more research.

Heres what I found http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=78057. I tend to think M4C carries a great deal of weight and go there often for solid testimony.

I of course will do more research on this subject. I'm very curious as to why those 3 guys on the forum you linked feel the way they do. They never really gave any reasons other than the one didn't agree w/ their biz practices.

whmaxwell
05-22-2011, 15:38
I read through that thread and it caused me to do a little more research.

Heres what I found http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=78057. I tend to think M4C carries a great deal of weight and go there often for solid testimony.

I of course will do more research on this subject. I'm very curious as to why those 3 guys on the forum you linked feel the way they do. They never really gave any reasons other than the one didn't agree w/ their biz practices.

Makes me wonder if those guys had some personal beef (maybe they are competitors, etc)... I would do more research before deciding. Oh, and I would have one :)

mjkeat
05-22-2011, 15:52
Makes me wonder if those guys had some personal beef (maybe they are competitors, etc)... I would do more research before deciding. Oh, and I would have one :)

I'm thinking that even if those 3 complaints are legit its the first complaints Ive ever heard dealing w/ a SR15. I'm not a member of that site so its hard to tell if they had an angle or not. I wouldn't think so but its happened other places before.

I have read of instances of guys having trouble trying to break their SR15s in w/ underpowered ammo.

I'm still kicking myself in the butt for not getting one this past fall when I had the cash in hand.

ScrappyDoo
05-22-2011, 17:14
thanks, like I said I know LaRue is very highly thought of but I thought KAC was too. I found that website when I was researching "Dalton Fury" after Bin Ladens death, and I wound up reading a bit of their forums and I realized I would never post on it.... Im not a SF etc. and I'm a regular joe and they ain't exactly welcoming, I just read here and there... But like I said I thought KAC was considered good, if not actually SF Issue.

mjkeat
05-22-2011, 18:45
thanks, like I said I know LaRue is very highly thought of but I thought KAC was too. I found that website when I was researching "Dalton Fury" after Bin Ladens death, and I wound up reading a bit of their forums and I realized I would never post on it.... Im not a SF etc. and I'm a regular joe and they ain't exactly welcoming, I just read here and there... But like I said I thought KAC was considered good, if not actually SF Issue.

Heres another thread about KAC I ran across after reading your OP.
http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7206084761/m/97620087663
It seems like everywhere I look its basically all positive except the original link you gave.

BBJones
05-23-2011, 09:59
Like others have said, I have never heard anything like that before. It seems to be personal or a few bad experiences magnified on that particular forum. I will probably never buy a KAC rifle just because of the cost. From everything I have heard they are top quality but there are alot of better values for the $ out there (DD, BCM, Noveske, LMT, Colt, etc.)

The following is from research not personal experience:
1 thing to note about the SR15 is it setup to fire full powered 5.56 and be very soft shooting. The problems seem to arise when people use low powered .223 in them. I have also heard they can become less ammo picky after being broken in.

trlcavscout
05-23-2011, 10:36
I havent dealt with them but from hearing stories from buddies who have they have had customer service problems. Not friendly to deal with after they get your money kinda thing. The only KAC products I have had was the RAS rails and they were ok but I wouldnt have payed for them.

djegators
05-23-2011, 19:00
Actually, the price of KAC is probably not as far out from others like Noveske or Colt as one might think when you look at well it is outfitted....two stage match trigger, integral folding sights, URX free float hand guard, and so on.

AK_Stick
05-24-2011, 00:30
I like KAC weapons. There are a couple of things I could really care less about, like the ambi magazine release, but they're quality.

Just wish they weren't so damn expensive.