Big Dot Sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Big Dot Sights

Chuck54
05-22-2011, 19:50
I have a G19 and wonder what type of sights you recommend?

I read that a lot of people like the XS big dot sights and others prefer target type sights.

Mas Ayoob
05-23-2011, 07:27
Depends on what kind of shooting you'll be doing with it. For very close and fast work, the XS Big Dot is in its element. However, a lot of folks have trouble getting precision hits at 25 yards with it, though I've seen some folks who run it just fine.

Something like Scott Warren Tactical sights with tritium inserts can be excellent for all around shooting. I've been very happy with Heinie Straight Eight on one of my Glock 17s, and the Scott Warrens on my G31. And, frankly, ordinary factory Glock night sights have done fine for me over the years on my Glock 22. I've also won several matches with Advantage Tacticals on one of my 17s, which for me is as fast as the Big Dot but also gives precise hits at 25 yards...great "Geezer Sights" for those in my age demographic.

Best bet is to narrow down what you see yourself doing with the gun, try some different sight options at a rental range or with friends at a gun club, and see if there isn't one type of sights that just mates perfectly with your particular eyes and needs.

best,
Mas