Question about physical fitness [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about physical fitness

KiloBravo
05-23-2011, 20:22
Hello Mas,

I was just wondering if you think most folks who carry a firearm for protection in the civilian world are lacking in the physical fitness department? This question is not at all meant to degrade or insult anybody with a few extra pounds. I have struggled with being overweight my entire life. I recently have lost about 25 lbs and want to lose at least another 30. I am of large build, but had/have a gut.

In your opinion, what percentage do you feel should be spent running as I have been to exercise and what amount should you focus on shooting at the range? Is there a balance that should be achieved between the two? I personally Alden armed 100% of the time, but realized that having a gun would do me no good if I could not sustain my breath to go hands on if need be.

Thanks for your time.

Mas Ayoob
05-23-2011, 23:05
Physical fitness improves our chances of survival in any strenuous response to a threat to life.

Don't have a percentage to quantify it though. Not sure anyone else does, either.

Recently,when I was checking into a hotel in Nevada where I was teaching a class, the nice young lady at the desk told me where the workout room was. I said, "Good to know." She replied that it was great that someone my age worked out.

I answered, "Nah, it's just that if my significant other gets mad at me, I need to know the one place in this hotel where I can hide from her, and she'll NEVER think to look for me there."

In other words, I respectfully suggest that you do as I say and not as I do...:embarassed:

best,
Mas

KiloBravo
05-24-2011, 05:39
Physical fitness improves our chances of survival in any strenuous response to a threat to life.

Don't have a percentage to quantify it though. Not sure anyone else does, either.

Recently,when I was checking into a hotel in Nevada where I was teaching a class, the nice young lady at the desk told me where the workout room was. I said, "Good to know." She replied that it was great that someone my age worked out.

I answered, "Nah, it's just that if my significant other gets mad at me, I need to know the one place in this hotel where I can hide from her, and she'll NEVER think to look for me there."

In other words, I respectfully suggest that you do as I say and not as I do...:embarassed:

best,
Mas

:rofl: I will for sure keep all of this in mind for future hotel stays. :supergrin:

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. It is most appreciated.