Naked Woman with a gun... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Naked Woman with a gun...

Gos
05-23-2011, 21:33
http://peachtreecorners.patch.com/articles/police-release-911-tape-reporting-duluth-shooting-6

Gwinnett Police have released a recording of the 911 call made by a Duluth woman after she shot the knife-wielding intruder who attacked her at home last Wednesday (May 11). Her assailant, identified by police as Israel Perez Puentes, 34, of Alpharetta, died later from the gunshot wounds.

The incident occurred about 6:30 a.m. when Punetes entered the home in the 2800 block of East Mount Tabor Circle in unincorporated Duluth, as the resident, a 53-year-old woman, was coming out of the shower, according to a Gwinnett Police spokesman. "She was exiting the shower when the man wielding a [kitchen] knife entered her bathroom," said Gwinnett Police spokesman Cpl. Edwin Ritter.

The woman tried to fight off the man with the shower rod after she had fallen into the bathtub. Her attacker then forced her into the bedroom. Puentes apparently was going to sexually assault her, Ritter said. She was able to retrieve her .22-caliber pistol and then shot him multiple times, according to Ritter. Puentes left the house through the rear door and collapsed in the backyard.

A neighbor to whose home the woman had run after the attack placed the 911 call then put her on the telephone. Sobbing hysterically, she managed to tell the dispatcher about the attack and give her address.

“I was in the shower and the lights cut out in my house, and a man came in with a hood, and he had a knife in his hand….He told me to be quiet. He told me to get out of the tub, and he tried to force me on(to) the bed,” the woman told the police dispatcher.

The woman was able to retrieve a .22 caliber pistol that she kept in a nightstand near the bed. “I took my .22, and I shot him as much as I could.” The woman informed the dispatcher she locked the rear sliding glass door after he ran out, and she rushed out the front door to the neighbor’s house. She said she wasn’t sure of his whereabouts.

Puentes was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center in Lawrenceville where he later died from his injuries. The woman was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth and was treated for minor injuries, Ritter said. No charges are expected to be filed against the woman. “It was apparently a justified use of deadly force," he said.

Dragoon44
05-23-2011, 21:48
If that happened in my neck of the woods the officers, state attorney, and even the Judge would take up a collection to buy her a better larger caliber pistol and I would give her free shooting lessons with it.

Gos
05-23-2011, 22:09
You know, over the years, I've developed quite the respect for the .22LR. It just seems like once past the skin they go wherever they want to and do much more damage than you'd think possible.

Better to shoot a smaller caliber well, than a bigger one poorly...

Dragoon44
05-23-2011, 22:18
You know, over the years, I've developed quite the respect for the .22LR. It just seems like once past the skin they go wherever they want to and do much more damage than you'd think possible.

yep that is why I mentioned the free shooting lessons.

:rofl:

dsa1115
05-23-2011, 22:20
I thought you were going to say that she had a pair of 38's and also had a gun.

msu_grad_121
05-23-2011, 22:24

I have seen many a hard-core thug felled by the lowly .22 LR and .25 ACP. Which is funny, since apparently "you should never shoot someone with a .22 or .25 cuz they'll get mad, take it away from you and beat you to death with it!" :upeyes:

Good on her!

Dragoon44
05-23-2011, 22:34
We used to give free classes on self defense and shooting with a full day of range time two or three times a year. The classes were always full and typically it was women in their forties and fifties with some in their sixties.

Most had .22's .25's .32's and an occasional .380 or .38.

A lot of them found out their cheap little .25's were not reliable.

Ajon412
05-24-2011, 03:35
I have seen many a hard-core thug felled by the lowly .22 LR and .25 ACP. Which is funny, since apparently "you should never shoot someone with a .22 or .25 cuz they'll get mad, take it away from you and beat you to death with it!" :upeyes:

Good on her!

Yep, looks like a .22 got the job done...I guess it sucks to be him.....:rofl:

BuckyP
05-24-2011, 05:23
Puentes was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center in Lawrenceville where he later died from his injuries

Good for her. Don't you love happy endings.

txleapd
05-24-2011, 05:46
If that happened in my neck of the woods the officers, state attorney, and even the Judge would take up a collection to buy her a better larger caliber pistol and I would give her free shooting lessons with it.

She apparently did just fine with her lowly little 22. ;)

XDfense
05-24-2011, 06:04
Sweet. This is just a few miles down the road from my residence. I'm glad he's gone.

USAFE7
05-24-2011, 06:05
She had 2 other pistols in the house. I'm guessing that's just the one she got to first.

A6Gator
05-24-2011, 07:55
http://peachtreecorners.patch.com/articles/police-release-911-tape-reporting-duluth-shooting-6

“I took my .22, and I shot him as much as I could.”

Or get her bigger magazines...:supergrin:

Hack
05-24-2011, 08:52
22L centre mass can do some destructive damage.

steveksux
05-24-2011, 09:04
Naked woman with a gun? I hope we can all finally stop bickering and agree that this is one time where Open Carrying is more appropriate than concealed carry.

Randy

jacquejet
05-24-2011, 09:53
Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting "multiple times."

wjv
05-24-2011, 10:58
I have seen many a hard-core thug felled by the lowly .22 LR and .25 ACP. Which is funny, since apparently "you should never shoot someone with a .22 or .25 cuz they'll get mad, take it away from you and beat you to death with it!"!

Armed with a .22, she did the right thing:

>> "I shot him as much as I could.”

Kadetklapp
05-24-2011, 11:06
Excellent. There are several ladies here at the courthouse who want to go shooting. I've offered to take them on a "range day" just to get a feel for firearms and firearms safety. I am using this article to shore up my reasoning.

actionshooter10
05-24-2011, 15:52
Pretty good back-up:

http://www.naaminis.com/magnum.html

msu_grad_121
05-24-2011, 16:29
Armed with a .22, she did the right thing:

>> "I shot him as much as I could.”

Sounds like pretty sage advice no matter what you're carrying. Kinda makes the 9mm/.40 S&W/.45 ACP debate moot, huh?

And Ajon, I'd LOVE to be the one to tell this nimrod's homies that a .22 took out their boy! Epic win!

denn1911
05-24-2011, 17:16
Good for her! She had the survivor mindset and wasn't going to be a helpless victim. The BG deserved what he got.

lawman800
05-24-2011, 22:04
I love a story with a happy ending. Good on her for taking care of business.

steveksux
05-25-2011, 00:46
I love a story with a happy ending. Good on her for taking care of business.Bonus points for making sure it was not the happy ending he had in mind... :supergrin:

Randy

ricklee4570
05-25-2011, 01:50
A friend of mine was shot in the knee at about 50 yards with a .22

He said it felt like a bee sting.

Sure, it can kill, but a .357 Magnum would have blown his knee cap off.

I prefer bigger bullets!

Mayhem like Me
05-25-2011, 04:11

Good on her!

yup they may not be instant stoppers but those rounds have a knack for bouncing around inside and leaving bad guys dead a few hours later

MarcDW
05-25-2011, 07:07
The way I see it: It worked and the POS did suffer.
If she had a .45 he properly would have never known what happened to him!

wprebeck
05-25-2011, 07:30
A friend of mine was shot in the knee at about 50 yards with a .22

He said it felt like a bee sting.

Sure, it can kill, but a .357 Magnum would have blown his knee cap off.

I prefer bigger bullets!

Your friend is lying. I have experienced a .22. It ain't fun at all.

And since I can shoot squirrels at 50 yards with my Ruger 22/45, and they drop dead.....I'm betting it hurts a bit more than a bee sting.

lawman800
05-25-2011, 10:55
Bonus points for making sure it was not the happy ending he had in mind... :supergrin:

Randy

Touché!!!