Greenville, SC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Greenville, SC

eracer
05-24-2011, 06:18
I was in town for five days attending a business meeting. Got to watch some good golf on a beautiful course (BMW Nationwide Pro-Am at Thornblade,) met some celebrities - Wayne Gretsky on the course, Don Felder, Bruce Greenwood, and Terry O'Quinn in the hotel elevator, and a few more at a 'meet-and-greet,' and did the awesome BMW Driving Experience (which was a 'top ten' experience of my life.)

The town itself really surprised me. I didn't expect the cool vibe, the excellent downtown renovations, all the great bars and restaurants, and the beautiful scenery (including a lot of beautiful women.)

Granted, I didn't have to drive far to get into some rough areas, but the downtown area was a blast. I could see myself living there, for sure.

Anyone from there like to comment? Did I see things through the rose-colored glasses of 'vacation eyes?' Or is it as much a 'little secret' as I think it is?

bladeandbarrel
06-10-2011, 08:13
I was in town for five days attending a business meeting. Got to watch some good golf on a beautiful course (BMW Nationwide Pro-Am at Thornblade,) met some celebrities - Wayne Gretsky on the course, Don Felder, Bruce Greenwood, and Terry O'Quinn in the hotel elevator, and a few more at a 'meet-and-greet,' and did the awesome BMW Driving Experience (which was a 'top ten' experience of my life.)

The town itself really surprised me. I didn't expect the cool vibe, the excellent downtown renovations, all the great bars and restaurants, and the beautiful scenery (including a lot of beautiful women.)

Granted, I didn't have to drive far to get into some rough areas, but the downtown area was a blast. I could see myself living there, for sure.

Anyone from there like to comment? Did I see things through the rose-colored glasses of 'vacation eyes?' Or is it as much a 'little secret' as I think it is?

It is a great city with amazing quality of life and a lot of shooting sports. I lived there for 7 years and loved it. Highly recommended if you can find a job.