PDA

View Full Version : crazy pursuit

Cochese
05-24-2011, 08:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs4fGQ3_OW0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Holy ****.

A6Gator
05-24-2011, 08:25
Wow! Gotta hand it to Officer Herr. He was on the dirtbag like white on rice. Guess this is another reason to gas up before starting your shift?

Hack
05-24-2011, 08:40
Depending on agency, it is till the wheels fall off.

DaBigBR
05-24-2011, 10:44
Somebody sent this to me last week and I meant to post it. Quite the caper!

PinkoCommie
05-24-2011, 11:19
Holy freakin' crap!

1. Nice work.

2. THIS is why I keep telling my chain of command (I work for a large university PD) that we NEED to have the proper training and equipment to terminate pursuits. Granted, it may or may not help in any particular situation (there was no opportunity for it here), but having NO options is utterly irresponsible. If this happened when school was in session, we just bought ourselves a massive barricaded gunman with a large number of hostages.

FiremanMike
05-24-2011, 11:43
Holy freakin' crap!

1. Nice work.

2. THIS is why I keep telling my chain of command (I work for a large university PD) that we NEED to have the proper training and equipment to terminate pursuits. Granted, it may or may not help in any particular situation (there was no opportunity for it here), but having NO options is utterly irresponsible. If this happened when school was in session, we just bought ourselves a massive barricaded gunman with a large number of hostages.

IMHO this is not a pursuit to terminate. Firing out the window like that takes it to a whole new level.

On a side note, I was impressed with the handling of that magnum, I wonder if my charger can do that.

DaBigBR
05-24-2011, 11:49
IMHO this is not a pursuit to terminate. Firing out the window like that takes it to a whole new level.

On a side note, I was impressed with the handling of that magnum, I wonder if my charger can do that.

When he says "terminate" he means to add "with extreme prejudice."

This is one of those ones where nobody's going to argue with such extremes as ramming and shooting out tires, should the opportunity arise.

siblueg
05-24-2011, 12:44
Well done to the officers involved.

FiremanMike
05-24-2011, 14:26
When he says "terminate" he means to add "with extreme prejudice."

This is one of those ones where nobody's going to argue with such extremes as ramming and shooting out tires, should the opportunity arise.

Ahh.. I'm with you..

Think we could budget for one of these?

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/ac-130h-19990803ac130a.jpg

Or, this could work too

http://astroaviator.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ah64apache.jpg

Might be able to find the apache on surplus..

Morris
05-24-2011, 14:49
It got me chewing on the inside of my lip . . .

articulate
05-24-2011, 15:16
Wowzers... My butt was clenched the entire 20 minutes. Seriously scary stuff.

jcsd2407
05-24-2011, 16:19
Wow, and again wow.

Eyescream
05-24-2011, 16:58
It was almost impossible for me to watch that without having the snide commentary of Sheriff John Bunnell running through my head the whole time.

denn1911
05-24-2011, 17:14
Intense.

Cochese
05-24-2011, 17:42
Gonna play this at work in roll call tonight.

ryanm
05-24-2011, 17:55
Watch out for the slicktop at 16:25... when it skids back in front of the lead car.
Good way to hurt 2 cops.

Mayhem like Me
05-24-2011, 19:18
My thoughts exactly I think he picked up a spike on the right rear , he should have pulled out...

herky
05-24-2011, 20:37
Watch out for the slicktop at 16:25... when it skids back in front of the lead car.
Good way to hurt 2 cops.

IIRC, that was the Chief from the agency that the lead officer is from.

Pepper45
05-24-2011, 21:02
You know, we may only see one chase like that in an area in an lifetime. But if someone is shooting out of a moving car window at the cops, ALL of the gloves should come off.

CJStudent
05-24-2011, 22:55
Holy crap! That guy was trying to enter the base I did my basic and AIT on! Kudos to all the officers involved!

CJStudent
05-24-2011, 22:57
You know, we may only see one chase like that in an area in an lifetime. But if someone is shooting out of a moving car window at the cops, ALL of the gloves should come off.

Fully agreed. You know, the air force has a bombing/strafing range in the middle of Lostindawoods; I used to love watching the A-10's work out on it while we were on the rifle range. I would have no issue with them being called to terminate the pursuit by any means necessary (i.e. 30mm cannon fire).

golden_eagle
05-24-2011, 23:08
Video reminds me of this local chase from 2009
http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/fairhope_triple_murder/25600/Apr-27-2009_10-00-am/

Wanted for murder of 3 people in adjacent county. Opens fire on pursuing deputies on interstate 10. Passenger of two man unit returns fire and ends the chase (and suspect).

+1

OLY-M4gery
05-25-2011, 03:32
My thoughts exactly I think he picked up a spike on the right rear , he should have pulled out...

He did something, the car was obviously throwing smoke for a while before it slid across the intersection.

The posters on youtube are claiming power steering and engine was hit. It's time to fall out.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-25-2011, 04:55
Wowzers... My butt was clenched the entire 20 minutes. Seriously scary stuff.

This! :wow:

John43
05-25-2011, 06:18
There was a chase here in the Dallas area years ago and the car chasing him was riddled with bullets. When they showed the police car later they had the wood rods to show the bullet path through the windows. I don't know how or if the officer survived with that many holes in it.

Cochese
05-25-2011, 06:52
There was a chase here in the Dallas area years ago and the car chasing him was riddled with bullets. When they showed the police car later they had the wood rods to show the bullet path through the windows. I don't know how or if the officer survived with that many holes in it.

That was a traffic stop gone to hell, rather than actual pursuit.

http://www.twofields.com/Videos/police/Schertz.htm

Agent6-3/8
05-25-2011, 07:52
Wow! The officer was really making me nervous running on the shoulder at those speeds. Only thing that would have made it better was if the officer could have put the bumper to him on one of those empty stretches of road.

Hoser423
05-25-2011, 10:40
That officer absolutely brought his "A" game that day. That would be an amazing bit of work even BEFORE you consider the shots fired aspect.

I can see just a bit of tunnel vision in a few spots... going right on the interstate, following badguy, rather than staying left (easy to critique from my 0mph seat--- meant as food for thought rather than criticism). Thanks for sharing- hadn't seen before.

DaBigBR
05-25-2011, 10:44

That was a traffic stop gone to hell, rather than actual pursuit.

http://www.twofields.com/Videos/police/Schertz.htm

The pictures of the Schertz car are very often incorrectly linked to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4NsBLisA3M

Probably why John43 thought it was from a pursuit.

merlynusn
05-25-2011, 17:32
I think he was staying right because it was making it harder to shoot at him.

That was a phenomenal pursuit. I'm definitely sending that to my SGTs so we can have it in roll call.

And yes, in that situation, we'd chase him til we got him.

PuroMexicano
05-25-2011, 18:35
It was almost impossible for me to watch that without having the snide commentary of Sheriff John Bunnell running through my head the whole time.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BTW, great job in that pursuit!!!

pgg00
05-25-2011, 21:53
That was one wild ride. Almost as long as my last one.

Officer kept his cool though :wow: