What did I do wrong? (extended slide release install) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What did I do wrong? (extended slide release install)

DeltaCO
05-24-2011, 08:49
A couple of days ago I installed a Glock extended slide release on my G17 Gen3. It seemed to go well. Yesterday I was at the range to test it, and the slide was locking back after every shot. What did I do wrong?

ChrisJn
05-24-2011, 09:46
A couple of days ago I installed a Glock extended slide release on my G17 Gen3. It seemed to go well. Yesterday I was at the range to test it, and the slide was locking back after every shot. What did I do wrong?

I assume you mean an extended slide stop lever. If so you have put back the pins in the wrong order.

fastbolt
05-24-2011, 09:55
At a guess, it sounds like when you replaced the slide stop lever you unintentionally trapped the end of the slide stop lever spring above the locking block pin (instead of below it, where it belongs), and probably did so by installing the locking block pin after the lever was positioned in the frame. This can easily happen if someone forgets to install the locking block pin before they install the slide stop lever.

GunHo198
05-24-2011, 10:53
X2 What they said.
Even though I never had an issue, I have been guilty of putting the pins in, in the wrong order. And I can see where this will cause the problem.

DeltaCO
05-24-2011, 16:40
Thanks! That did the trick.