What sights do you use? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What sights do you use?

HGun17
05-24-2011, 10:36
I shoot a 17 gen4 and my buddy has been after me to shoot with him at some GSSF matches. Right now I have stock sights and want to replace them with Night sights and I've really been looking at all the sights out there and just don't know who do go with. If you shoot GSSF, I'd like to hear what you would recommend. Thanks

RedHaze
05-24-2011, 11:52
Check out what AmeriGlo has sights wise, they offer a discount for GSSF as well. Just enter "gssf"as the discount code.

A great deal of guys here really like the Hackathorn style sights. Do a search here in this forum for a good number of threads with pictures of different set ups people are running.

Don't think you HAVE to get something else though. A lot of guns are shoot with stock sights.

HGun17
05-27-2011, 16:27
Thanks RedHaze, I installed AmeriGlo Pro Operator sights and they look awesome.

Dave.1
05-27-2011, 16:32
I found this posted in General Glocking.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1345795

Dave

danielspdx
05-27-2011, 16:41
For competition only, I use Warren Sevigny competition rear and FO front. For carry and duty, I prefer the plain rear (I wanted the Tactical, but got the Carry because that's what was in stock) with tritium front. They sit a little taller and POA/POI is at 6 o'clock. I find I can get on target quicker and get back to target quicker with these than I did with Trijicons. YMMV

G19aps
05-27-2011, 16:48
Ameriglo Operators for me. Green front, yellow rear. Remember unless you have vision issues you should always be using the square edges of the sights for alignment. Only use the dots or whatever is bright on them, to find the sight or keep track of it during transitions.

tk_it_ez
05-28-2011, 17:35
I just picked up a new Model 34 and have been shopping for sights.

My favorite local gun store/range guy tells me that trijicon has had one helluva time filling glock sight orders.

I like what I see here and the owner is a really nice fellow with all kinds of advice:
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/

They seem to prefer phone calls over emails.

The Meprolight sights on a Kimber Eclipse target look really nice in the latest issue of Combat Autos:
http://www.meprolight.com/

Singlestack Wonder
05-29-2011, 16:53
Take a look at Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight sights. Copied by many but never truly duplicated.

www.heinie.com

up1911fan
05-31-2011, 14:51
I like the plain black Warren Tactical rear with a tritium front the best. XS Big Dot's on my G26 and soon to be Kahr PM9.

MoNsTeR
05-31-2011, 17:13
My G34: Heinie Classic rear (.125"), Ameriglo plain black .090" front
Wife's G34: Sevigny competition rear (.150"), Dawson fiber optic .100" front
(both set up for USPSA Production)

The black-on-black setup was a bit of an experiment. I shot it for about a year and a half and did pretty well. The wife wanted a fiber front so I set it up a bit different, and I think I like it better.

My carry G19 wears stock plastic sights because at 3 yards you don't need sights at all.

MrVvrroomm
05-31-2011, 17:29
Warren Tactical, with or without fiber optic front. I have them on several of my Glocks and my wife uses them on her M&P.

AzShooter1
06-03-2011, 10:31
I just installed the Dawson FO front and adjustable rear on my G-17. I really like the way the sight lookks. The front stands out even when shooting at a night shoot and the rear is large. Almost like a Bomar.

Easy to mount, just go slow with your file.

unclebob
06-03-2011, 12:03
I use Dawson adjustable rear and the narrow fiber optic front sight. I’m thinking about getting a Dawson adjustable fiber optic rear sight to try out. I like the adjustable sights. But I know a lot of people that like the plain Henie sights for GSSF.

HK Dan
06-03-2011, 15:06
Warren Sevigny on the USPSA Limited gn, Warren Tacticals on everything else. No Fiber optic, no tritium, I jst carry a flashlight.