Summer carry issue [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Summer carry issue

AZDeckert
05-24-2011, 16:41
I carry using a belly band and don't want to have the grip of my Glock against my bare skin so I always wear a t-shirt under whatever shirt I have on. I am running into issues during the long and hot Georgia summers where I just want to wear shorts and a t-shirt. I am wondering if there is something like a body band or "tube-top" kind of item I can wear under the belly band and have it come up far enough above my waist that the grip won't be on my skin. I know it would be a bit extra around the waist but at least it would not be all under the shirt like a t-shirt. Does this make sense?

toddmog
05-24-2011, 19:35
I'd say just get used to the grip on your skin. I wear shorts and a t-shirt all summer long in humid KS summers. The grip has never bothered me. You could always try a wife beater type tank top under the t-shirt.

alba666
05-24-2011, 20:25
Pocket holster works for me in summer. People here think I'm nuts for carrying a Glock 23 in it, but I'm a big boy and I have the right cargo shorts to carry it off.

collim1
05-24-2011, 20:31
I'd say just get used to the grip on your skin. I wear shorts and a t-shirt all summer long in humid KS summers. The grip has never bothered me. You could always try a wife beater type tank top under the t-shirt.

This or go to a pharmacy and ask for an elastic back/abdominal support. It velcros around your waist line to help support an injured back muscle or after a hernia surgery.

I wear one because it helps my back, and prevents my duty belt from digging into my hips.

They are cheap and thin. Off-duty I would just wear a T-shirt, I could not stand not having a undershirt on.

3rdgen40
05-24-2011, 20:34
Tube tops are for concealing boobs,not guns.

BailRecoveryAgent
05-24-2011, 21:34
Tube tops are for concealing boobs,not guns.

:rofl:If printing happens in a crowd, you won't hear many complaints!

dogboy13
05-24-2011, 22:54
Try under armour

RussP
05-26-2011, 05:56
This or go to a pharmacy and ask for an elastic back/abdominal support. It velcros around your waist line to help support an injured back muscle or after a hernia surgery.

I wear one because it helps my back, and prevents my duty belt from digging into my hips.

They are cheap and thin. Off-duty I would just wear a T-shirt, I could not stand not having a undershirt on.Try under armourIf you go with an elastic support, make sure it is breathable elastic.

I have crew neck Under Armor shirts. They don't work well in hot, humid weather. I'm getting some UA tank tops for this summer. Should be a whole lot cooler.

BailRecoveryAgent
05-26-2011, 09:31
If you go with an elastic support, make sure it is breathable elastic.

I have crew neck Under Armor shirts. They don't work well in hot, humid weather. I'm getting some UA tank tops for this summer. Should be a whole lot cooler.

The UA tanks are the way to go as far as undershirts. No sleeves to bunch up and I hate that god awful crew neck/almost turtle neck nonsense they put on most of their other shirts.

Bill Lumberg
05-30-2011, 09:03
Personally, I find it more comfortable and just as concealable to use a belt mounted holster. That said, underarmor heat-gear t-shirts rule.