Truglo shooting low [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Truglo shooting low

Lee-online
05-24-2011, 19:02
I finally got around to shooting a gen 3 g19 i purchased. It was a used gun that had never been fired and it has Truglo night sights installed. It does not have the originals in the case.

They are both marked with TG-H3.

At 20 yards they are shooting about 8" low.

Do they have the wrong ones installed? Is there something i can do to fix this?

JR
05-28-2011, 22:20
You need to look on the side of the sight. You will see a single line if it is a 6.5, you will see a short line on top of a longer line if it is a 6.9
See more about the night sights here http://bit.ly/jBqT9C

Lee-online
05-28-2011, 22:54
The sights are truglo and only have TG-H3 marked on them. Are these a +3?

I do see the line marks on my other glock with stock sights.

JR
05-28-2011, 23:02
Are you sure the front & rear are TruGlo? Shooting 8 inches low sounds like a miss match for sure.
I figured the information on our web site would help you determine what you got going there? Did you check the link?

Lee-online
06-13-2011, 19:34
I did a little research online and found they are truglo TFO. Tritium and Fiber Optic sights.

The part number is under them so i removed them. The rear has GT1 and the front has GT. but no number so i don't know for sure if it is correct even though i found a video of one being installed and it too only had GT on the bottom.

Chart,
http://www.truglo.com/images/Handgun%20Chart.pdf

I sent an email to truglo and i am waiting for an answer.

JR
06-19-2011, 15:12
You ever get this resolved?

Lee-online
06-21-2011, 17:46
You ever get this resolved?

Sort of.

After a few emails i got the measurements for the sights. From the top of the slide to the top of the sight.

Rear sight was .219 like it is supposed to be but the front was .220 but should be .195

Truglo stated the fronts are the same on both the 9mm and .45 so i don't know what i got.
They said they can send me a .195 and it will correct the problem.

I am waiting to see if they send it or if i need to buy one.

BTW, I finally got my threaded barrel and trigger kit (pro pick) from you and the trigger feels soo much better now. I did just order a smooth trigger because i forgot with the last order, i also got the front sight tool because the little screw is too fiddly with my big nut driver.

Lee-online
06-24-2011, 14:54
Problem is fixed.

I got the replacement front sight in the mail yesterday, installed it today and just got back from the range. The new sight took care of the problem, all truglo wants is for me to send the old one back to them.

The G19 now performs awesome with the trigger mod, all i need now is for SWR to hurry up and get the octane9 sent to my dealer.