Special Forces Arrest [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Special Forces Arrest

bci21984
05-25-2011, 08:52
had in custody a member of the "SOG" special forces group this morning. the funny part of the story is that he was born in 1980. "SOG" is listed as being "disbanded" in 1972. one phone call to Army CID at Ft. Hood solidified the belief that he was/is full of bull feces.

watching his eyes :wow: when i put the CID phone call on speaker at booking was priceless.

Kadetklapp
05-25-2011, 08:57
Turd. They are everywhere, I'm afraid.

jpa
05-25-2011, 10:13
Maybe he meant that his mother was impregnated by a former SOG member?

msu_grad_121
05-25-2011, 10:33
He was probably just SO super secret, that he couldn't tell you what he was REALLY doing. And he was shocked at your audacity for calling him on his cover story. Yeah, that's it...

DaBigBR
05-25-2011, 10:42
I would have gone the other way with it. Told him that CID had instructed you to shoot him on sight.

dsa1115
05-25-2011, 10:47
These BS artists should all be arrested. Ever since the Bin Laden raid, it's amazing how many guys are coming out of the woodwork claiming to be either SEALS OR former SEALS. No shortage of frauds.

Detectorist
05-25-2011, 13:14
True story:

Up until at least the mid 1980's, Reservists and National Guard personnel could become SF qualified mostly through correspondence courses.

blueiron
05-25-2011, 13:34
True story:

Up until at least the mid 1980's, Reservists and National Guard personnel could become SF qualified mostly through correspondence courses.

Phoenix had a USAR reserve M/I detachment that was part of a SF group. A number of cops did that program and joined once active SF troopies in that detachment.

Once jump school and the basic course was out of the way, the SF mail it in program kicked in, IIRC.

blueiron
05-25-2011, 13:35
Maybe he meant that his mother was impregnated by a former SOG member?

They are more discriminating than that.

Peace Frog
05-25-2011, 13:45
had in custody a member of the "SOG" special forces group this morning. the funny part of the story is that he was born in 1980. "SOG" is listed as being "disbanded" in 1972. one phone call to Army CID at Ft. Hood solidified the belief that he was/is full of bull feces.

watching his eyes :wow: when i put the CID phone call on speaker at booking was priceless.

:rofl:
Man you just blew his cover as a CIA SAD NSA FBI DNI US Marshall Fugitive Task Force undercover agent...You're in trouble now...:rofl:

BTW you near Ft.Hood?I'm out here by Stillhouse Lake if'n you want to shoot some Class III's sometime give me a holler!
:wavey:

mrsurfboard
05-25-2011, 13:59
And I was never here...

Kadetklapp
05-25-2011, 14:37
True story:

Well that explains some of what I've seen....:whistling:

Hack
05-25-2011, 15:13
So, the former wanna be SEAL, (fraud), can be handed over to the VA for processing. As a looney tunes!

CJStudent
05-25-2011, 16:19
We have two ARNG SF groups; the 19th and 20th. I know a few people in the 20th, and even with it being ARNG, and not all of them being fully SF-certified (the units around here are support units; maroon berets instead of green), they still have more sense than that.

Good job on busting a tool; it's idiots like that that give real soldiers, sailors, airmen, and even jarheads a bad name.

DaBigBR
05-25-2011, 16:32
I hooked a guy for drunk driving in late 2006 or early 2007. HSLD Army Ranger home for the week between missions. Told me all about how they were issued Glock pistols and Tasers and ASP batons and so on and so forth.

Dragoon44
05-25-2011, 16:59
The real ones generally don't mention it.

Had a whacked out Vietnam vet try to kill me once. Didn't find out till later he had been a "Lurp".

Dukeboy01
05-25-2011, 17:31
No one I arrest ever claims that they spent their time in the military working in the mess hall, rebuilding Humvee transmissions, or digging latrines...

OldCurlyWolf
05-25-2011, 17:40

Had a whacked out Vietnam vet try to kill me once. Didn't find out till later he had been a "Lurp".

187th of the 101st?

:shocked:

CJStudent
05-25-2011, 18:04
No one I arrest ever claims that they spent their time in the military working in the mess hall, rebuilding Humvee transmissions, or digging latrines...

That's because those of us that do that kind of stuff don't like to brag and all ;)

redbrd
05-25-2011, 18:11
It is unlawful with some pretty stiff penalties to claim to be SF, Ranger, Seal... under the stolen valor act. He should be charged and humiliated.

EOD3
05-25-2011, 18:13
LRRP = Marine... Generally speaking, not known for playing well with others. :cool:

EOD3
05-25-2011, 18:17
It is unlawful with some pretty stiff penalties to claim to be SF, Ranger, Seal... under the stolen valor act. He should be charged and humiliated.

The Stolen Valor Act has been trashed. Being a lying scum-bag is protected speech under the 1st Amendment. :steamed:

Dragoon44
05-25-2011, 18:27
187th of the 101st?

Don't recall now, that was 24 years ago. but I don't think it was that IIRC he was a marine.

Dragoon44
05-25-2011, 18:31
LRRP = Marine... Generally speaking, not known for playing well with others. :cool:

This one definitely didn't, he had along history of both involuntary commitment for being a violent psychotic and an equally long history of violence against police.

None of which the family bothered to mention before hand.

thankfully he did not apparently retain his training, because I am pretty sure the marines did not tech him to bring a knife to a gunfight.

redbrd
05-25-2011, 18:48
The Stolen Valor Act has been trashed. Being a lying scum-bag is protected speech under the 1st Amendment. :steamed:

Should have seen that coming. God forbid we protect the rights of those that fought for them.

Rohniss
05-25-2011, 19:01
Don't yall know that if someone claims to have been, or god forbid is former military that they are automatically the real caped do-gooders and therefore can do no wrong whatsoever...?

packsaddle
05-25-2011, 19:55
BTW you near Ft.Hood?I'm out here by Stillhouse Lake if'n you want to shoot some Class III's sometime give me a holler!

Killeen? Copperas Cove? Belton? Florence? Ding Dong PD?

Send me a pm.

collim1
05-25-2011, 21:05
I get alot of army boys in my area coming in town to chase skirts.

I have never had one tell me they do anything but Rangers or "SF". The really drunk stupid ones say rediculous crap like "I am not at liberty to say"

The above poster was correct. They never say they are helicopter mechanics or anything like that.

The real ones just say "I am US Army Soldier."

DaBigBR
05-25-2011, 23:06

Yep.

Coworker arrested a Ranger for Driving While Barred (it's the highest level of having your license taken away 'round here). I actually knew the kid and knew that he had gone Army and was part of something special. I didn't ask, and he didn't mention it. Found a set of his ACUs rolled in a bag in the trunk with the Ranger tab.

He was a ****** otherwise, though.

Navy HMC
05-26-2011, 03:57
True story:

Yes and no. If you wanted to go SF, you could do the course work and it looked good on your application to go to Regular Army and apply to the accession course. But all you got when you finished the course was an additional modifier to your MOS IF it was a SF suitable MOS (Medic, Infantry, and RIO were the three big ones they wanted.) If that's the case, then I'm SF (not bloody likely!!!!!) All I did was the 43 meidc courses that would have aided my getting into the 18P selection list-which I didn't do so my army time was all spent as a 91B combat medic.

Peace Frog
05-26-2011, 05:25
Killeen? Copperas Cove? Belton? Florence? Ding Dong PD?

Send me a pm.

I ain't the police but a lot of them are my shooting buddies...You're welcome to blast my Class III's anytime...

:wavey:

Peace Frog
05-26-2011, 05:31
True story:

SF qualified and earning your Long Tab are two way different things.To get your Long Tab you have to go thru the entire Pipeline...Nothing given to you.

And they can prosecute under the Stolen Valor Act if the person uses his claims to profit.A good case is bill hillar who faces 20 years in Federal prison...If there are fakes out there making money off their BS claim then they will be found out and taken down.And rightly so.

Detectorist
05-26-2011, 09:25
SF qualified and earning your Long Tab are two way different things.To get your Long Tab you have to go thru the entire Pipeline...Nothing given to you.

And they can prosecute under the Stolen Valor Act if the person uses his claims to profit.A good case is bill hillar who faces 20 years in Federal prison...If there are fakes out there making money off their BS claim then they will be found out and taken down.And rightly so.

Don't know what a 'long tab' was. But I was assigned, while on active duty, to the Army Reserves Personnel center in St. Louis, MO. I had questioned a few officers about their blue SF tab since I knew they had never served on active duty long enough to earn it. I did the research, and yes, it's true. I believe there are 2 ,3 week training phases included. I was surprised, to say the least.

mixflip
05-26-2011, 10:22
I recently saw a guy in a gun store wearing an baseball cap with "special forces Vietnam" on it, he accented the had with an "ARMY" t-shirt, 511 tac pants which were bloused at the ankles and 511 tactical boots. He looked a little too happy to represent the special forces community and the Army in general. I know a few (former) SpecOps guys and none of them wore anything that would advertise what they did and they never talked about Navy SEALs.

The first words out of his mouth was..."I was a sniper in Vietnam" which I thought was an odd way to start a conversation with a complete stranger?

Btw, he was buying a Ruger 10/22 for home defense and was having the gun store install an Archangel kit for him because he said he didnt have any tools at home? I mentioned that I wouldnt be comfortable using finiky 22lr ammo for self defense and his response was..."oh I'd put 30 rounds in his eye ball".

Dragoon44
05-26-2011, 10:30
"I was a sniper in Vietnam"

Translation: I have the video game "Vietnam", in it my character is a sniper"

:rofl::rofl:

Dragoon44
05-26-2011, 10:37
My two older brothers are Vietnam Vets, the one that was a grunt and saw lots of combat will rarely talk about it much less advertise the fact he is a vet.

The other brother had a skill, well, actually he had TWO skills. The first was as a welder so he he saw little combat. Even less once they discoverer his other "skill" which was "borrowing" things from other branches of the military. Once they discovered that they flew him all over Vietnam so he could "borrow" stuff from other branches of the military. He has some pretty entertaining stories.

Peace Frog
05-26-2011, 10:38
Don't know what a 'long tab' was. But I was assigned, while on active duty, to the Army Reserves Personnel center in St. Louis, MO. I had questioned a few officers about their blue SF tab since I knew they had never served on active duty long enough to earn it. I did the research, and yes, it's true. I believe there are 2 ,3 week training phases included. I was surprised, to say the least.

Used to be that non-SF qualified Soldiers who served with a SF Unit as support in any form could wear the SF patch and the Green Beret but not since '83 or '84...I can't recall which year to be exact.

Its like a lot of Soldiers went thru Ranger school and are Ranger qualified and can wear the tab but if they didn't serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment they aren't a Ranger...Okay now I'm confused.:faint:

trdvet
05-26-2011, 11:07
Always arrest snipers or the like. Whatever happened to all the cooks and truck drivers in the military?

trdvet
05-26-2011, 11:18
Its like a lot of Soldiers went thru Ranger school and are Ranger qualified and can wear the tab but if they didn't serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment they aren't a Ranger...Okay now I'm confused.:faint:

Ranger School is a combat leadership course and not a tryouts into the 75th, you must go through RIP or ROP for that.

People who go through Ranger School but are not assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment are not considered Rangers. They are referred to as 61 day Rangers which is the length of Ranger School. The diploma/certificate you get says you are now "Ranger Qualified". People who are assigned to the 75th and wear the scroll whether are not they are tabled are considered Rangers. This usually starts an argument.

Peace Frog
05-26-2011, 11:32
Ranger School is a combat leadership course and not a tryouts into the 75th, you must go through RIP or ROP for that.

People who go through Ranger School but are not assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment are not considered Rangers. They are referred to as 61 day Rangers which is the length of Ranger School. The diploma/certificate you get says you are now "Ranger Qualified". People who are assigned to the 75th and wear the scroll whether are not they are tabled are considered Rangers. This usually starts an argument.

I agree...that's pretty much what I said...if it came across as something different my apologies.

(I was 15E Pershing,and had nothing at all to do with any SOF)

G26ster
05-26-2011, 11:33
I think it's a question of who you are talking to as a vet. If you spent a considerable amount of time in the military, and you are talking to another vet, I'm sure you'll talk about experiences at some point. With non-vets, maybe a little or not at all. I imagine it's the same for LEOs too.

BTW, it was my privilege to support the 75th Rangers out of Quang Tri many, many years ago.

trdvet
05-26-2011, 11:37
I agree...that's pretty much what I said...if it came across as something different my apologies.

:supergrin:

Nah you're good, I was just quoting your excellent post to expound on that particular topic.

CJStudent
05-26-2011, 11:45
Used to be that non-SF qualified Soldiers who served with a SF Unit as support in any form could wear the SF patch and the Green Beret but not since '83 or '84...I can't recall which year to be exact.

The guys I know in 20th Group are not in an 18-series MOS, but wear the SF patch and airborne tab with the maroon beret and SF crest, but NOT the SF tab or green beret unless they've been through the Q-course.

k9medic
05-26-2011, 12:09
Cjstudent is spot on. The best man at my wedding is assigned to SOCCENT. He wears the below patch, and a maroon beret. He's jump qualified and works hand in hand with SF guys in his unit. It's fun talking with those guys in small groups. They generally don't tell you too much other than that they are in the Army.

http://www.caravansend.com/store/images/SOCCENT%20Patches.jpg

RetailNinja
05-26-2011, 13:28
I find the older vets that did all of the crazy ish in prior wars have a creepy vibe about them. I worked with an old timer with no calf muscle on one of his legs. All he said was that he was in the Vietnam war, but didn't fight IN Vietnam, and that he was in a country he wasn't supposed to be when he got hit in the leg by a .50 . The other guys at the job did not mess with him or play jokes on him like they did with each other.

Hedo1
05-26-2011, 13:53
My cousin was an A-10 pilot in the reserves. Served in Iraq and Afganistan. He never told anyone he flew over there. I did though. I think pilot's of that plane may be the most popular guys in the military, beloved by all branches, judging from the volume of drinks bought for him and clinked glasses.

Kadetklapp
05-26-2011, 14:55
One of the worst drunks I've dealt with as an LEO was with a guy who claimed to be special forces in Vietnam. I dealt with him three or four separate occasions. One night I finally hooked him up for throwing a thirteen year old girl out of a plate glass window at a party. He told me on the way to jail what his MOS was. I looked it up and it was something like truck driver or truck mechanic. What a turd.

On that same department, we had a reserve who claimed to be an Airborne Ranger and did all kinds of secret squirrel crap. Always wore hats saying Special Forces, had stickers all over his truck. He never would tell me what his MOS was. I could not stand him. You'd be at a call, and this clown would show up, barge in, start pissing everyone off, and then make everything worse. Absolute idiot on the radio. Couldn't find his butt with both hands. Always told me Glock handguns were junk designed by the Chinese and Springfield Armory XD pistols were crapped by the Angels of the Lord themselves.

Thank God I don't work on that department any more...

nikerret
05-26-2011, 16:09

Always arrest snipers or the like. Whatever happened to all the cooks and truck drivers in the military?

I HAVE! I HAVE!

Truck driver for DUI, now, not a truck driver (still got deployed with a different job, though).

collim1
05-26-2011, 18:53
One of the worst drunks I've dealt with as an LEO was with a guy who claimed to be special forces in Vietnam. I dealt with him three or four separate occasions. One night I finally hooked him up for throwing a thirteen year old girl out of a plate glass window at a party. He told me on the way to jail what his MOS was. I looked it up and it was something like truck driver or truck mechanic. What a turd.

On that same department, we had a reserve who claimed to be an Airborne Ranger and did all kinds of secret squirrel crap. Always wore hats saying Special Forces, had stickers all over his truck. He never would tell me what his MOS was. I could not stand him. You'd be at a call, and this clown would show up, barge in, start pissing everyone off, and then make everything worse. Absolute idiot on the radio. Couldn't find his butt with both hands. Always told me Glock handguns were junk designed by the Chinese and Springfield Armory XD pistols were crapped by the Angels of the Lord themselves.

Thank God I don't work on that department any more...

We all have one buddy. Usually only last about two years before their butts get tossed aside, but then like clockwork admin hires in a new one to replace the last.

There must be a secret necessity that is known only by those above my payscale that requires every dept to have one of these idiots.

OldCurlyWolf
05-27-2011, 02:26
My two older brothers are Vietnam Vets, the one that was a grunt and saw lots of combat will rarely talk about it much less advertise the fact he is a vet.

The other brother had a skill, well, actually he had TWO skills. The first was as a welder so he he saw little combat. Even less once they discoverer his other "skill" which was "borrowing" things from other branches of the military. Once they discovered that they flew him all over Vietnam so he could "borrow" stuff from other branches of the military. He has some pretty entertaining stories.

A grunt and a scrounger. The scrounger was more appreciated.

No brothers there and I wasn't called. I did have 3 older cousins there. One was a 1st Lt Artillery FO, 1 was a grunt in the 1st AirCav and one was an M-113 driver.

None of them talk much about it to the rest of the family, but for some reason they all talked to me.

They all made it back without purple hearts. But they don't give PH's for the other stuff.

DaBigBR
05-27-2011, 02:46
We all have one buddy. Usually only last about two years before their butts get tossed aside, but then like clockwork admin hires in a new one to replace the last.

There must be a secret necessity that is known only by those above my payscale that requires every dept to have one of these idiots.

Ahh, the (not so) mythical "that guy." Every department (or ever watch or every unit, etc), every academy class, every inservice training, every anything cop related has one. It's in the rules. Check it out.

Don't know who "that guy" is? It's probably you!

merlynusn
05-27-2011, 07:34
Heck, I find I can't even say I'm an OIF vet. I'm not. I'm an OEF vet. I never went in country. I was safe and sound on my ship supporting the guys going in country.

Now I have to say the best place to hang out and hear some real stories is a VFW when the old timers are hanging around. Did it once in Virginia Beach and I got to hear a Pacific vet bash a Normandy vet because the Normandy vet only did 1 D-Day landing whereas the Pacific vet did over a dozen D-Day landings.

Glockdude1
05-27-2011, 08:46
True story:

Those must be the black op's guys shooting the belt fed, suppressed DD214's........

:whistling:

CJStudent
05-27-2011, 08:50
Heck, I find I can't even say I'm an OIF vet. I'm not. I'm an OEF vet. I never went in country. I was safe and sound on my ship supporting the guys going in country.

Now I have to say the best place to hang out and hear some real stories is a VFW when the old timers are hanging around. Did it once in Virginia Beach and I got to hear a Pacific vet bash a Normandy vet because the Normandy vet only did 1 D-Day landing whereas the Pacific vet did over a dozen D-Day landings.

+1! VFWs, American Legions, any post like that that has a bar.

CJStudent
05-27-2011, 08:51
Those must be the black op's guys shooting the belt fed, suppressed DD214's........

Detectorist
05-27-2011, 11:20

:rofl::rofl:

wjv
05-27-2011, 16:26
Hey, maybe he was part of this team:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/clinton-deploys-very-special-forces-to-iraq,645/

Glockdude1
05-27-2011, 17:25

http://www.theonion.com/articles/clinton-deploys-very-special-forces-to-iraq,645/

lawman800
05-27-2011, 17:31

Once again, you guys can thank California for leading the charge on this one. Some local DWP commissioner or whatever claimed to be a Medal of Honor winner in public speeches and then was charged and convicted under the Stolen Valor Act. He then appealed and one of our illustrious courts overturned it on the basis of 1st Amendment right to lie about things you can't do because you don't have any honor or testicular fortitude.

Funny, I guess being a lying unworthy no honor piece of sh1t f#ck scum sucking d1ck sweat licking motherflower sonofa***** is a Consitutional right.

lawman800
05-27-2011, 17:43
I have a buddy who served in Afghanistan with the 1st Ranger Battalion. You would never know it from looking at him and he never talked about it. We only picked up on it because we knew he was in the Army and we saw him wearing the Oakley M-frame 2.0 glasses once and asked him where did he get those as those are only available from Standard Issue.

After knowing him for a while, he opened up a bit and told us about some of the things he did, but only in general terms. He would not really go into details or regale us with big grand stories. We would ask about he raiding airfields with chainsaws to cut fences and everything else, he would just chuckle and not respond.

That's pretty much what I expected from a real SF guy.

CarloTwoGuns
05-27-2011, 18:30
You guys arrest vets for DUI? Wow

DaBigBR
05-28-2011, 03:48

Why wow? I'm kinda puzzled by that one.

Edit:

Actually, I'll avoid the cat and mouse game.

There are tens or even hundreds of thousands of veterans and currently serving military personnel who never have negative contact with law enforcement. By far a majority. And then there are the ones that choose to make bad decisions that place them in to negative contact with the police. In my experience, the majority of the folks in the second group also make sure to do everything they can to shield themselves from responsibility through their military service. I remember one marine saying "I just served a year in Iraq, and you're going to arrest me for a .140!?!?". Yes, yes I am. I remember another guy I stopped on HIS WAY TO DRILL. Drunk. He was set to deploy for the second time in short order and was upset that he would not be able to do so and would be letting his guys down.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for folks that serve, that level of respect does not change when they make a poor decision, but it does not obviate them of responsibility. If you drive drunk, slap your girlfriend around, break somebody's stuff, steal somebody's stuff, etc, etc, etc, it does not matter to me how many tours of duty you served in how many far away places over what period of time and with what results and more specifically, why it means that you should get a pass for something that everybody else goes to jail for and that (at least in the case of drunk driving) kills more Americans every year than the War on Terror and Iraq and Afghanistan wars have killed since 2001. No disrespect at all for the service, but that service brings with it a higher standard of conduct and higher expectations.

I guess my last miltiary-OWI anecdote was a soldier who had deployed and been back for a few months. He just kept repeating "...but I was deployed to Iraq..." The reserve that was working with me looked him dead in the face and said "So was I, what of it?"

Morris
05-28-2011, 05:55
You guys arrest vets for DUI?

As a fellow veteran, yes.

Last DUI veteran I arrested tried to assault me in the sally port and do a gun grab. His criminal records spoke volumes as to why he had a GD versus a HD.

Rohniss
05-28-2011, 05:57

Shocking though It may be to you, Vets break the Law too...

Heres another one... people IN the military break the Law too...

Yeah the Military has had Brigs/Stockades since time immemorial so this isn't a new occurrence.

CJStudent
05-28-2011, 08:05
Shocking though It may be to you, Vets break the Law too...

Heres another one... people IN the military break the Law too...

Yeah the Military has had Brigs/Stockades since time immemorial so this isn't a new occurrence.

+1; my unit has taken warrants out on a few of them fairly regularly. Most people in uniform are damn good people, but unfortunately, there's a number of scumbags in uniform, too.

lawman800
05-28-2011, 11:33
The fact that there is a military police and CID along with UCMJ and courts martial would indicate that unfortunately, not every military person is free from the earthly temptations and human foibles that plague us all.

blueiron
05-28-2011, 11:52

Not every vet is Audie Murphy, Tom Norris, or has a honorable discharge.

Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman were both vets.

We had a USAF Tech Sergeant who was operating an indoor MJ grow operation when we went to his house on a family fight. He lost everything in that act of stupidity.

We had a retired USAF CMSgt that was stealing materiel during his civilian job from the Air Force. He left his garage open and an officer saw what he had. AFOSI put him away for a long time.

A number of pilots get drunk and drive every year, usually after they graduate their proficiency courses. They usually get a ride home from the station by their C/O after the base is called and the Security Forces get alerted. Their careers suffer because of their decisions.

I never took pleasure in making an arrest of military personnel or appearing in a Court Martial, but the law exists for all. It usually took an overtly blatant act of stupidity to get called for it.

MeefZah
05-28-2011, 12:26