Danner Waterproof Telson Boots @ 50% OFF [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Danner Waterproof Telson Boots @ 50% OFF

Ship A'Hoy
05-25-2011, 20:43
Anyone wear these?

Are they any good?

I've heard a lot about Danners and would like to buy a pair.

http://www.ombexpress.com/p_BT093.aspx?source=160INEMZ

rudeboy3
05-25-2011, 22:19
I have never used that model but I only wear danners. My old gig I used the black Recon's and now I got the cordovan/brown version of them which is the hood winter lights. The ones I wear are made in America and I guess not all of them are, which plays into the models reliability apparently.

G_34
05-25-2011, 22:59
Anyone wear these?

Are they any good?

I've heard a lot about Danners and would like to buy a pair.

http://www.ombexpress.com/p_BT093.aspx?source=160INEMZ

I have a pair of these. Waterproof for sure...no water in...but no water out, which is a huge turnoff for me. In addition to not breathing they are heavy, the soles wear down fast, they're not resoleable, and if they are the zipper sides be gentle with the zipper. Most people who praise danners are wearing acadias more expensive but worth it from what I've heard. Also a rumor going around about a huge discount to LEO if you email them from you're work email.

LilCop2002
05-26-2011, 08:40
Also a rumor going around about a huge discount to LEO if you email them from you're work email.

The discount is rather significant! I emailed them from my .mil account and got boots listed on their site at $ 180 plus shipping for $108 shipped to my door.

Mayhem like Me
05-26-2011, 10:55
great boots very comfortable, I received a pair for free for testing, juts be aware they are a throwaway danner, and cannot be rebuilt they last about 9 months..much more flexible than the accadias

txleapd
05-26-2011, 11:03
Danner's are great boots, and the seem to last forever. I got a pair of their Fort Lewis 15 years ago when the Corps sent me to cold weather training. I still use them when it freezing around here. They seved me well the times we've gotten hit by ice storms.

The only downside is that they are heavy. Most Danner boots run a little on the heavy side. That's probably because they use thick materials and build them solid to last.

Morris
05-26-2011, 15:11
These Danner boots are made in China. I know of two guys who had similar models in which the toe cap peeled back after a few soggy months.

Hack
05-26-2011, 16:29
I have a pair, and do not care for those. I have to tie my boot laces underneath the zipper pull tab to keep up the zipper and the boot laces are a hassle to tighten up. If you're going to get Danners, get the American made, and maybe a 1/2 size larger than your usual.