128mph In A 45 Zone! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 128mph In A 45 Zone!

ULVER
05-26-2011, 02:23
What if this was Joe Q. Public>?

http://www.policeone.com/bizarre/articles/3705642-NASCAR-driver-Busch-clocked-going-128-mph-in-45-zone/

:steamed:

basich31
05-26-2011, 03:08
He's sure setting a good example for his young fans, as well as making his sponsors proud. But wait... he was testing out a new sports car! What a moron.

BlackPaladin
05-26-2011, 04:24
I heard his sister called and told him she was horny:tbo:

Bruce M
05-26-2011, 06:08
What if this was Joe Q. Public>?

http://www.policeone.com/bizarre/articles/3705642-NASCAR-driver-Busch-clocked-going-128-mph-in-45-zone/

:steamed:

Sounds like he essentially got treated like "Joe Q Public" in that he was charged with reckless driving and careless driving in addition to speeding.

merlynusn
05-26-2011, 06:50
Bruce, he wasn't treated like the public. Normally 100mph+ is an automatic trip to jail. He did charge him with reckless and speeding so yes, those would be the charges, but normally he'd have gone to jail.

Here it's "Careless/Reckless Driving." They aren't two separate charges.

Dragoon44
05-26-2011, 07:02
Back in my day that little **** head would have been pulled out through the car window cuffed and off to jail we go.

DaBigBR
05-26-2011, 12:27
I heard his sister called and told him she was horny:tbo:

Nice.

Napalm561
05-26-2011, 13:22
Sounds like he essentially got treated like "Joe Q Public" in that he was charged with reckless driving and careless driving in addition to speeding.

Nah, I'd have taken John Q Public to jail.

nikerret
05-26-2011, 15:57
Bruce, he wasn't treated like the public. Normally 100mph+ is an automatic trip to jail. He did charge him with reckless and speeding so yes, those would be the charges, but normally he'd have gone to jail.

Where you live. Not necessarily so elsewhere.

Ajon412
05-26-2011, 16:04
Back in my day that little **** head would have been pulled out through the car window cuffed and off to jail we go.

Now are we talking the vent window or the regular one, with or without it being open?:rofl::rofl:

Dragoon44
05-26-2011, 17:22
Now are we talking the vent window or the regular one, with or without it being open?:rofl::rofl:

Depends on the length of the chase.

:rofl:

Ajon412
05-26-2011, 17:52
Depends on the length of the chase.

:rofl:

Spoken like a true professional...........:rofl::rofl:

Mayhem like Me
05-26-2011, 18:06
Not an automatic trip here. to prove willful and wanton wreckless we need more than speed.

collim1
05-26-2011, 18:40
Not an automatic trip here. to prove willful and wanton wreckless we need more than speed.

Same here, have to see an actual close call that would have caused serious injury.

WOW, 128mph! How in the world would you ever get him actually stopped?

I have passed a few cars going 110+ on the interstate, getting turned around and catching up was out of the question. Couldn't even see em in the rearview by the time I looked in the mirror.

He must have got him on radar and had some guys in a position to intercept.

ateamer
05-26-2011, 19:52
Cite and release. No reason to book on a misdemeanor if he isn't drunk, you're reasonably sure of his identity and there is no reasonable belief that the offense is going to continue. We have a specific charge for going over 100 MPH, but it isn't automatically reckless.

Kansas Slim
05-26-2011, 20:04
These guys do whatever the hell they want, and then their PR people make 'em memorize the usual speech that every famous person gives after every dumbass thing. All the while the dumbass couldn't care less as long as it really doesn't effect their life. Oh well. I guess that's life.

MeefZah
05-26-2011, 20:21

100+ mph isn't a trip to jail around here. It's an M-4, 4 point speed. A "normal" speed, like 70 / 55 or something, would be a M-M and no points, maybe 2 points depending on the person's record.

I'll fess up, I got a ticket for 119 / 55 on my motorcycle back in 2004. I passed the officer and knew it was coming so I just pulled over and waited. Yeah, I was a cop at the time, yeah I knew the cop who wrote me, yeah I had it coming, and no I wasn't treated any differently than anyone else would have been. I paid the ticket the next day... it was a mere $159, which I thought was pretty cheap considering. Oddly, my insurance didn't even go up... they give a break on your first speeding ticket. :rofl:

rudeboy3
05-26-2011, 20:44
100+ mph isn't a trip to jail around here. It's an M-4, 4 point speed. A "normal" speed, like 70 / 55 or something, would be a M-M and no points, maybe 2 points depending on the person's record.

I'll fess up, I got a ticket for 119 / 55 on my motorcycle back in 2004. I passed the officer and knew it was coming so I just pulled over and waited. Yeah, I was a cop at the time, yeah I knew the cop who wrote me, yeah I had it coming, and no I wasn't treated any differently than anyone else would have been. I paid the ticket the next day... it was a mere $159, which I thought was pretty cheap considering. Oddly, my insurance didn't even go up... they give a break on your first speeding ticket. :rofl:

:faint:That must have been a interesting stop, I would love to hear audio:rofl:

James Dean
05-26-2011, 20:58
Back in your day wasn't the Ford V8 the fastest car on the road? Didn't Clyde Barrow use one? I think it got up to 68 MPH. LOL. I'm sorry I couldn't resist. I enjoy reading your posts.

MeefZah
05-26-2011, 21:15
:faint:That must have been a interesting stop, I would love to hear audio:rofl:

Actually pretty uneventful. She was professional and I was appropriately remorseful. After she cleared the stop we set up her camera and took a few staged photos of her giving me a lecture on the side of the road. Those photos and the blue copy of my cite are framed in my garage... reminds me to keep my **** in check!

We are still friends; just had lunch with her a few months back.

DaBigBR
05-27-2011, 02:55
I would probably just cut the 128/45 cite and be done with it, so long as they weren't drunk and there was nothing else other than the speed.

FWIW, at more than 20 over in this state the fine is $100 + $5 per mph over 20 + 35% surcharge + $60 court costs. Total fine for 128/45 would be $620.25. Ouch.

nikerret
05-27-2011, 04:58
128 in a 45 would be:

After 30 MPH over, $15 per MPH ($975 fine) plus $93.50 for court costs equals

$1,068.50

Fines double for construction zones or school zones.

merlynusn
05-27-2011, 07:41
Where you live. Not necessarily so elsewhere.

Believe me, Iredell County is a lot stricter than my county. I'd say that anyone else up in Iredell County would have gone to jail. All the guys I work with go to jail automatically at 100mph. Heck, our judges (probably the most liberal in the state - it's rare to actually see someone get active jail time) give active jail time for 90mph and over.

nikerret
05-27-2011, 07:47
Believe me, Iredell County is a lot stricter than my county. I'd say that anyone else up in Iredell County would have gone to jail. All the guys I work with go to jail automatically at 100mph. Heck, our judges (probably the most liberal in the state - it's rare to actually see someone get active jail time) give active jail time for 90mph and over.

Priorities.