Got tased last night [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got tased last night

scottydl
05-26-2011, 07:08
New department carries X26's, and I had training last night the first half of midnight shift. Although we weren't technically required to "ride the lightning" to be certified for taser carry, we were never really given the opportunity to say no. :whistling: Plus of course the whole macho-guy-peer-pressure thing that I said I wouldn't fall into, and did anyway to become accepted by the clan. *sigh*

It was quite an experience to say the least. Got alligator-clipped to one shoulder and the opposite lower leg, for maximum shock coverage for the 5 second blast. Instructor said the clips in that configuration are actually more painful than being shot with barbs that usually end up closer together... go figure!

Last night's zap and my faceful of Sabre Red OC spray (a couple years ago) are two unforgettable incidents that I'll be happy if I never repeat again, but will be happy to pass the joy on to others who deserve it! :cool:

Panzergrenadier1979
05-26-2011, 08:16
I'd rather take OC again then get zapped again. No thanks! Never again.

I swear, after being tased, that my greatest fear ISN"T someone getting control of my gun, but someone getting control of my taser. The idea of a bad guy standing over me squeezing the trigger for all eternity is a fate worse then death.....

If someone attempts to pull my taser out of it's holster, there's going to be a lot of brass on the ground to clean up. :whistling:

AZLawDawg
05-26-2011, 08:45
I'll take the Taser ride any day over the OC.

razdog76
05-26-2011, 08:46
I'd rather take OC again then get zapped again. No thanks! Never again.

That's funny, because I feel about the same way. It seemed like a long 5 seconds, and I couldn't do anything about the pain even though it was all over with after the five seconds.

Newcop761
05-26-2011, 10:24
Opposite for me. I'd rather take a ride on be Tased again than another OC bath. I hate that ****.

ProactiveShooters
05-26-2011, 10:40
Last night's zap and my faceful of Sabre Red OC spray (a couple years ago) are two unforgettable incidents that I'll be happy if I never repeat again, but will be happy to pass the joy on to others who deserve it! :cool:

That's the exact reaction/reason why we added a Sabre pepper spray course to our course listings. Its a great tool for civilians. I tell folks that Sabre is the nastiest stuff alive. Its an eye opener! (or eye shutter to be more precise).

msu_grad_121
05-26-2011, 11:27
Having never been tased, but having been juiced AT LEAST once a week for the last 3-4 years, I'd take a face full of OC any day of the week before the taser. I just don't want to do it, but I'm so used to the OC, it hardly even effects me anymore. I know, that's a boastful claim and all that, but that's how I feel. NOT looking forward to doing that, but we'll see...

PuroMexicano
05-26-2011, 12:43
but will be happy to pass the joy on to others who deserve it! :cool:

:supergrin:

golls17
05-26-2011, 16:34
I rode the lightning for the first time the other day, too. X26. It sucked, but I'd do a hundred more times before getting sprayed again...

ETA: We used alligator clips (my agency had a "mishap" during a previous voluntary exposure when the guy pulling the trigger jerked and the barb went into the guy's neck). I still have a small burn mark on my back from the arching. Kind of cool, actually...

collim1
05-26-2011, 18:43
This week a rookie responded to assist a fellow officer who was in a ground fight. Guess who rode the lightning? Give you a hint...it wasn't the BG.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-26-2011, 18:48
This week a rookie responded to assist a fellow officer who was in a ground fight. Guess who rode the lightning? Give you a hint...it wasn't the BG.

Let me guess: It wasn't the rookie either?

collim1
05-26-2011, 19:03
Let me guess: It wasn't the rookie either?

Impressive Sir!

rhikdavis
05-26-2011, 19:06
Taser doesn't get on your junk in the shower later.

Sam Spade
05-26-2011, 19:13
So how many guys in the class died?

pgg00
05-26-2011, 22:17
I've ridden the lightning twice so far. Both times I took the barbs. I still scream like a girl but will take it again over pepper spray.

toddmog
05-26-2011, 22:23
I get to ride on Saturday morning. We use the clips too. A buddy has a scar on his back from his exposure. I'll have to report back whether I'll take it over spray again.

packsaddle
05-26-2011, 22:47
do you guys voluntarily get shot with a .45 too, just to see how it feels?

get beat with a nightstick?

sheesh.

MeefZah
05-26-2011, 23:10
Opposite for me. I'd rather take a ride on be Tased again than another OC bath. I hate that ****.

Same here. I didn't find the Taser painful, it just shut me down like a switch was flipped. 5 seconds after it was over I was fine.

OC lingers.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-26-2011, 23:17
do you guys voluntarily get shot with a .45 too, just to see how it feels?

That's only required if you are qualifying with the Glock 7 platform. :tongueout:

TENN19
05-27-2011, 01:18
Now, anytime you hear that "Click-Click-Click", the hair will stand-up on the back of your neck... Like your brain knows it doesn't want that again.

heehaw
05-27-2011, 02:03
The taser was terrible, but having to call my Dad for bail money afterwards was even worse!

-heehaw

msu_grad_121
05-27-2011, 02:07
That's only required if you are qualifying with the Glock 7 platform. :tongueout:

Oh please, like YOU could afford a Glock 7! :rofl:

OldCurlyWolf
05-27-2011, 02:11
New department carries X26's, and I had training last night the first half of midnight shift. Although we weren't technically required to "ride the lightning" to be certified for taser carry, we were never really given the opportunity to say no. :whistling: Plus of course the whole macho-guy-peer-pressure thing that I said I wouldn't fall into, and did anyway to become accepted by the clan. *sigh*

It was quite an experience to say the least. Got alligator-clipped to one shoulder and the opposite lower leg, for maximum shock coverage for the 5 second blast. Instructor said the clips in that configuration are actually more painful than being shot with barbs that usually end up closer together... go figure!

I never got zapped (no tazers back then) nor OC spray( same reason) but I did get CS gas from a Tear Gas Grenade. Not fun. Itched all over until I could hit the shower and that was just a minor irritant.
:faint:

DaBigBR
05-27-2011, 02:43
The taser was terrible, but having to call my Dad for bail money afterwards was even worse!

-heehaw

http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/i-see-what-you-did-there-02.jpg

merlynusn
05-27-2011, 07:22
Yeah, of all the exposures (CS, OC and TASER), Taser hurt the worst, but was over the quickest and I was functional again shortly thereafter.

I have to say that since I've already done it, if I have an opportunity to do it again and it isn't required, I'm going to pass. I don't care what anyone else says then. Been there, done that, don't need to do it again to justify my actions when someone points one at me.

scottydl
05-27-2011, 07:25
I have to say that since I've already done it, if I have an opportunity to do it again and it isn't required, I'm going to pass. I don't care what anyone else says then. Been there, done that, don't need to do it again to justify my actions when someone points one at me.

^^ What he said!

toddmog
05-28-2011, 12:36
Well, I took the ride this morning. It sucked out loud! That being said, I'd still take it over OC. Would I do it again...no thanks!

eracer
05-28-2011, 15:40
I rode the lightning for the first time the other day, too. X26. It sucked, but I'd do a hundred more times before getting sprayed again...

ETA: We used alligator clips (my agency had a "mishap" during a previous voluntary exposure when the guy pulling the trigger jerked and the barb went into the guy's neck). I still have a small burn mark on my back from the arching. Kind of cool, actually...
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/eracer1111/Hangover-intheface.jpg