SC LEO's that are being laid off etc... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SC LEO's that are being laid off etc...

Magicmanmb
05-28-2011, 09:22
Come with the new budget criminal justice academy has some new rules. If your certification lapses due to lay off, moving in state, or some other reason other than fired. You will have to repeat the entire academy again, if you are out more than a year. Not just letting you update your legals any longer.
So find a department that will let you go on as a reserve, or state constable if you can. I kept my commission that way even though I'm officially medically disabled by going to reserve status. I push paper work & cover court duties. After talking with 30 or 40 brother officers, they had no idea. I gather that the bosses that have laid off close to half of the state aren't telling. Either they are hoping to bring'em back or let it be a little surprize.
:dunno: How many politicians are are former cops or currently practicing to be
a politician?

Rohniss
05-28-2011, 16:21
Thats some messed up **** right there.

Morris
05-28-2011, 18:12
No kidding!

JohnnyReb
05-29-2011, 12:33
Sounds like how NC does things. You have one year, then you need to repeat the academy.

cwr
05-29-2011, 12:54
Here in Florida we have 4 years from separation of service to get "rehired". After a 4 year period, you have to go through what we call a "high liability academy" - driving, shooting, legal, DT, etc. - that is I think 80 hours total - just to get a refresher and demonstrate proficiency - and then you get to take the state exam again to get your ticket back.

Didn't think we had it so good until now!

CAcop
05-30-2011, 10:10
In CA it is three years and even then you can do a 2 week refresher academy. I know San Jose is letting their laid off guys go reserve until they find jobs. They can keep up their credentials that way too.

Magicmanmb
05-31-2011, 15:17
You get to go back for 12 weeks. Even specify that you will a polo type shirt from your department and Khaki trousers. A few of the departments and one or two of the Vo-Tech colleges have there own academies. One is even harder on you than the criminal justice academy. The only thing SC is doing is bringing in more non-union jobs and raising taxes. The Governor did propose that CCW permits not be required to carry, but with it legal for a private sale
of a pistol to anyone 18 & older the bill doesn't specify if they were exempt or legally carrying. Less police more weapons and no training required, perfect sense giving more ammunition to the anti- gun crowd.