Glock 21 Ejecting Cases In My Face. Help? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 Ejecting Cases In My Face. Help?

RatherNotSay
05-28-2011, 10:41
Ok so today I went to the range and put 100 rounds down range. I've shot reloaded ammo with Rainier FMJ, Federal FMJ, CCI Blazer, and Remington FMJ. All spent casing either hit me in the face, mid bicep of my right arm or hit the top part of my cap if I'm wearing one. More often than not my spent cases hit me somewhere on my body. I did a google search and found several threads about the subject yet have not found a definitive answer as to what it may be. I detailed my ejector and still have problems with the spent cases hitting me. Is there anything I should try before I notify Glock?

JR
05-28-2011, 20:37
Glock will have you switching parts and/or ammunition. Let us know how it turns out?

RatherNotSay
05-29-2011, 11:13
I've heard everything from changing the stock guide rod to a metal rod to decreasing the recoil spring to faulty extractors.

BTW, I have a couple of mods on the firearm...Not sure if it'll help

3.5lbs connector
glockworxx competition trigger springs (firing pin, firing pin safety, trigger)
Trigger Polish job
Polished locking block and frame rails

JR
05-30-2011, 22:44
Anytime you have an issue with the function of the gun you need to go back to stock and then reintroduce the custom parts, one at a time. This will help you identify the part (or combination of parts) causing the issue.