IWB for G19? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IWB for G19?

GremlinX
05-28-2011, 12:00
What seems to be a preferred IWB for the G19? If I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize. Thanks!

skyboss_4evr
05-28-2011, 12:06
I like the CompTac Infidel.

reppans
05-28-2011, 12:14
Galco King Tuk works for me. Blatant copy of the Crossbreed Supertuck, but much cheaper and didn't have to wait for it.

GremlinX
05-28-2011, 12:53
Thanks guys!!

MarcoPolo
05-28-2011, 12:59
Depends on what position you will carry in. Appendix? 3 o'clock? Small of back?

The holsters listed above are great 3-4 o'clock holsters. I typically carry AIWB and wear a High Noon Holsters Mr. Softy.

fgrimm
05-28-2011, 13:19
I use a Dale Fricke Archangel for both on and off duty. Fastest and most comfy AIWB I have ever worn. Sold all my others.

redrick
05-28-2011, 13:25
I like leather so either a Milt Sparks VMII or Brommeland Max Con.

VMII 9 month wait.
Max Con 10 weeks wait.

Apprentice
05-28-2011, 13:26
I use FIST model 1K (kydex) with a clip. Straight drop works for AIWB or IWB. I wear G26, G19, G17 and G21 with these all day long with comfort however comfort of all IWB is a very YMMMV thing. I use FBI cant ones for IWB with the 19 and larger.

I was raised to be against clips thanks to Jeff Cooper and other gurus of the day but this clip is has a vice like grip and has never worked off anything - with or without belt in daily carry for many years.

Best of all they're $44.95.

jadickson
05-28-2011, 13:32
I carry mine in an MTAC in the waistband in the small of my back. I am 6'1" / 185 and i can conceal carry in shorts and a t shirt with this config. I hope this helps your search.

Mudshark100
05-28-2011, 16:38
I use the CrossBreed SuperTuck. Very comfortable.

adaman04
05-28-2011, 16:42
This is the longest I've ever seen a thread go without someone saying MTAC.

MTAC or Crossbreed Supertuck would get my vote.

maestro pistolero
05-28-2011, 17:14
This is the longest I've ever seen a thread go without someone saying MTAC.

MTAC or Crossbreed Supertuck would get my vote.

Ditto, I own both, but the scale tips to the MTAC for me. More positive "click- in" and slightly easier to take on and off. Comp-tac's molding seems a bit more substantial to me. Both are great choices, though.

Shadyscott69
05-28-2011, 17:22
Might I suggest...

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu106/shadyscott999/g23IWBht1.jpg

I am not positive, but I think I may have a couple black in stock.

glock2740
05-28-2011, 17:42
Have my G19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck as I type. :cool:

Sonnytoo
05-28-2011, 20:17
I like IWB rt-hand behind the hipbone.
I use a Milt Sparks Summer Special II quite a bit, although the gun should sit a bit deeper into the beltline.
I prefer leather with snaps or a clip, and FBI forward cant. I like my gun to sit deeper in my belt and nobody ever produces one like that. One inch from the rear sight to the top of the belt is what I prefer. I usually have to reconstruct an existing holster. Here are a couple...

Here's a Glock Sport/Combat made into a IWB..

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg106/Sonnytoo/ODG36.jpg

This one shows a Don Hume...before and after... Just cut off the clip attachment and sew it on at an angle. Use a drill or drillpress to drill the new holes in the leather. Works like a charm.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg106/Sonnytoo/donhume.jpg

...and this one has a P-01 CZ in it, and shows how deep it tucks into the beltline. It is NOT a problem to draw as long as you have a good forward cant.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg106/Sonnytoo/CZDonHumeH715MNo36-1.jpg

S2

wagonm
05-28-2011, 21:07
Alessi Watch-6. All day comfort.

http://i51.tinypic.com/iz93it.jpg

pbs357
05-28-2011, 21:34
I bought a Comp-Tac CTAC about 5-6 years ago and finally stopped buying holsters for my G32 (same frame as your G19).

CDW4ME
05-28-2011, 21:47
For strong side IWB, I like the Blade-Tech UCH; I remove material I deem unnecessary (sweat guard, and at barrel end leaving muzzle exposed about 1/8'') and I use adhesive sealant to fix the adjustment where it's canted forward and won't move.

countsk
05-28-2011, 21:49
Crossbreed Supertuck for my G19 and G26.

Teej
05-28-2011, 21:56
I don't like the feel of any gun against my skin and being summer in FL I don't like wearing two shirts.

Do any IWB holsters come up enough to protect and keep the top of the G19 frame from laying upon bare skin?

statistic6
05-28-2011, 22:01
I use either a DeSantis Scorpion or the Comp-Tac for the weapon light. I live in San Antonio and can effectively pull both off with jeans and a T shirt

merck
05-28-2011, 22:20
+1 on the Infidel. I've used the Infidel and MTAC with my Glock 19. After two months of using the MTAC, I went back to the Infidel. I did not find the MTAC anymore comfortable, and I find the Infidel easier to put on or take off and easier to reholster the weapon.

Doc8404
05-28-2011, 22:25
I have two IWB.
one by Tommy Theis from this site, with new C clips from MTAC. much better than the original metal.

and a blade-tech ultimate concealment holster.

like them both.

Folsom_Prison
05-28-2011, 22:26
<------- supertuck fan!!!!

saxconnection
05-28-2011, 22:33
My G19 rides in a Galco V-Hawk daily for 8-12 hours. It is the most comfortable holster I have ever owned. It is pretty much a copy of the Milt sparks VM2 without the 6 month wait, and also has a sweat guard to keep the slide off of your skin.
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=4160&GunID=47

Good Luck,

Adam

COM165
05-28-2011, 23:16
I like leather so either a Milt Sparks VMII or Brommeland Max Con.

VMII 9 month wait.
Max Con 10 weeks wait.

VMII is a predicted 6 month wait. Milt Sparks has always delivered before that in my experience.

I ordered a Max Con V from Brommeland several years ago and he went several months beyond the promised delivery date. So I cancelled my order.

The VM II is an awesome holster for the G19. I'm wearing it right now and have been all day. It is very comfortable and provides a lightening fast presentation. The reinforced mouth stays open for quick one hand reholstering. It is one of the best IWB holsters IMO. They are well worth the wait. If you cannot wait 6 months, you can pay the highway robbery prices that some guys are asking on e-bay. I refuse to pay $220 for a $112 holster.

lunchboxtheman
05-28-2011, 23:33
I don't like the feel of any gun against my skin and being summer in FL I don't like wearing two shirts.

Do any IWB holsters come up enough to protect and keep the top of the G19 frame from laying upon bare skin?

I have a G19 RTF2 and it really irritates my skin when I carry IWB without an undershirt so I'd also be interested in a holster like this. Anyone have any suggestions?

redrick
05-29-2011, 04:29
VMII is a predicted 6 month wait. Milt Sparks has always delivered before that in my experience.

I ordered a Max Con V from Brommeland several years ago and he went several months beyond the promised delivery date. So I cancelled my order.

The VM II is an awesome holster for the G19. I'm wearing it right now and have been all day. It is very comfortable and provides a lightening fast presentation. The reinforced mouth stays open for quick one hand reholstering. It is one of the best IWB holsters IMO. They are well worth the wait. If you cannot wait 6 months, you can pay the highway robbery prices that some guys are asking on e-bay. I refuse to pay $220 for a $112 holster.

The last VMII holsters that I bought took 34 weeks to get and if you add waiting until the first of the month before you can place a order it was right at 9 months.

That's why I bought the Brommeland, couldn't wait anymore. He told me that I would have it in 8 weeks. I got it in 10, there was a huge snow storm that slowed shipping. He kept in touch with me and called the day he shipped it.

I agree that the VMII is a comfortable holster, but no more than the Brommeland.

I do like the looks of that V Hawk by Galco. If opticsplanet has it, it should be cheaper than buying directly from Galco.

$89.60 @ opticsplanet with free shipping.

TangoFoxtrot
05-29-2011, 04:34
MTAC for my G23.

CDW4ME
05-29-2011, 04:56

Check out the Blade-Tech UCH.

Teej
05-29-2011, 06:30
Check out the Blade-Tech UCH.

Looks good, thank you

devildog66
05-29-2011, 08:22
All of the above are solid recommendations. Personally, I use a Milt Sparks VM II or a summer special II; I find that Milt Sparks holsters just fit me better than others for 4 o'clock or appendix carry. If you do not have to wear a tucked shirt then the options expand dramatically. I use the VM II specifically because of the tuck feature; it is the best option in that regard that I have found. Good luck in your search.

COM165
05-29-2011, 08:23
The last VMII holsters that I bought took 34 weeks to get and if you add waiting until the first of the month before you can place a order it was right at 9 months.

That's why I bought the Brommeland, couldn't wait anymore. He told me that I would have it in 8 weeks. I got it in 10, there was a huge snow storm that slowed shipping. He kept in touch with me and called the day he shipped it.

I agree that the VMII is a comfortable holster, but no more than the Brommeland.

I do like the looks of that V Hawk by Galco. If opticsplanet has it, it should be cheaper than buying directly from Galco.

$89.60 @ opticsplanet with free shipping.

Looks like we had the opposite experience with respective manufacturers. Lol. I had to keep calling Gary to the point of giving up. He was a nice fella, just took on too much work. Like you said MS cuts off their orders when they know that they can keep the process within promised time frame. Usually the beginning of each month they open up the orders. They fill quickly.

I did aquire a MaxCon V from CCA after I cancelled my order for a slight mark up. It was a nice holster, but I prefer the VM II. The VM II has the wing in the front that wraps around the front of the hip a little. The MaxCon is very flat but has no wing. This forced me to carry it further back than I like. I like to carry at 3:30. The VM II is perfect there. The MaxCon is better at 5.

To each his own. That is why there are so many holster makers that do do well.

sugarcreek
05-29-2011, 08:34
...still waiting on the Max Con by Gary B. here... It will be my FIFTH.

Apprentice
05-29-2011, 09:17
I use a Milt Sparks Summer Special II quite a bit, although the gun should sit a bit deeper into the beltline.
I prefer leather with snaps or a clip, and FBI forward cant. I like my gun to sit deeper in my belt and nobody ever produces one like that. One inch from the rear sight to the top of the belt is what I prefer. I usually have to reconstruct an existing holster. Here are a couple...

This one shows a Don Hume...before and after... Just cut off the clip attachment and sew it on at an angle. Use a drill or drillpress to drill the new holes in the leather. Works like a charm.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg106/Sonnytoo/donhume.jpg

...and this one has a P-01 CZ in it, and shows how deep it tucks into the beltline. It is NOT a problem to draw as long as you have a good forward cant.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg106/Sonnytoo/CZDonHumeH715MNo36-1.jpg

S2

I wish you were designing and mass producing holsters. Excellent concepts and execution.

50 Cent
05-29-2011, 09:33
I use a dedicated G19 holster from Brigade Gunleather and it works great. They must have something going for them as their website is (or was?) reporting long wait times for some holsters.

Otherwise, I would check out Kramer Gunleather. My SP 101 or 686+ or 1911
ride in Kramers.

JBarbaresi
05-29-2011, 09:47
i always recommend people to TTGunleather for holsters and gun belts. Top notch customized quality, great customer support, and a lot of options to choose from. The design really disperses the weight and it's hardly noticeable.

This is the Reinforced IWB w/ Shark Trim

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/IMG_0444r.jpg

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/IMG_0446r.jpg

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/IMG_0451r.jpg

And I have 3 more on order with him right now.
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/Guns/IMG_2540.jpg

CharlestonG26
05-29-2011, 09:53
I like my gun to sit deeper in my belt and nobody ever produces one like that. One inch from the rear sight to the top of the belt is what I prefer.

+1...I have a box full of holsters that ride too damn high.
Even the highly praised Sparks VM2 falls into this group.

After lots of trial and rejection...I found the RM Low Rider kydex works quite well for low IWB carry....even in the appendix position.

Glock_your_world
05-29-2011, 10:44
+1 on the rm low rider. I don't have a g19 but my g30 disappears in the low rider and it does sit very low.

Steel Head
05-29-2011, 11:40
I carry my compact Glock in a M-TAC.
Very comfy cheap and easy to get.

faawrenchbndr
05-29-2011, 11:44
I carry my compact Glock in a M-TAC.
Very comfy cheap and easy to get.

This IS the best holster for your dollar!

carloglock19
05-29-2011, 11:49
MTAC enough said!

cowboywannabe
05-29-2011, 12:29
Galco King Tuk works for me. Blatant copy of the Crossbreed Supertuck, but much cheaper and didn't have to wait for it.

this ^

CitizenOfDreams
05-29-2011, 13:04
Supertuck.

http://home.citizenofdreams.com/gt/supertuck.jpg

BroknPrism
05-30-2011, 09:54
Glad the subject of high riding came up. IWB works great for me with long guns like the 21 or a 1911, but the G23 can work its way up in my cheap Uncle Mike's soft nylon IWB. The other day I hiked up a trail and it plumb fell out. Lucky it was a Glock, and grassy. ; )

I'm sure 'cheap' was the operative word. A Galco Summer Comfort would grip it, I'm sure. IWB gets hot though - would love to find a body hugging OWB with an open top, that's production ready to sell.

JBarbaresi
05-30-2011, 14:27
Glad the subject of high riding came up. IWB works great for me with long guns like the 21 or a 1911, but the G23 can work its way up in my cheap Uncle Mike's soft nylon IWB. The other day I hiked up a trail and it plumb fell out. Lucky it was a Glock, and grassy. ; )

I'm sure 'cheap' was the operative word. A Galco Summer Comfort would grip it, I'm sure. IWB gets hot though - would love to find a body hugging OWB with an open top, that's production ready to sell.

http://www.bestbelt.com/product/gunleather/1321.html

excellent quality, production ready to sell, designed by Tim Thurton at TTGunleather and produced by Occidental Leather.

bunk22
05-30-2011, 16:21

Same here, very comfortable for me.

GremlinX
05-30-2011, 19:23
What a bunch of good links guys... Wonder what holster would be best for my use. Lots of pistol training, lots of outdoors, bad weather, etc. Wonder if I should avoid the leather, and go synthetic? Thanks!!

up1911fan
05-30-2011, 19:50
I like the MTAC or a Kramer #3.

JBarbaresi
05-30-2011, 19:50
What a bunch of good links guys... Wonder what holster would be best for my use. Lots of pistol training, lots of outdoors, bad weather, etc. Wonder if I should avoid the leather, and go synthetic? Thanks!!

outdoors and bad weather.... definitely sounds like kydex would be your best option. the only downside is that in my experience kydex is a little rougher on your gun's finish if you care about that kind of thing. otherwise it will do everything leather will do and hold up better in the outdoors.

Sonnytoo
05-30-2011, 20:01
My 1st choice is Milt Sparks Versa Max with snaps, which I don't own yet, but will. Or his Summer Special II which is my daily model. I prefer leather; I prefer snaps or a clip for the quickness. They are stable and don't come loose these days. I also like Brommeland's work a lot. Very stable leather holster but also very thin, and thin is GOOD.
S2

Pred8tory
05-30-2011, 20:15
High Noon Mister Softy. It's a stocking item, you'll have it in a week. It's under thirty bucks. Glove leather, very nice and with a secure belt clip.

GremlinX
05-30-2011, 21:12
The mtac looks attractive for my needs. Not worried about finish. My first train up will be 3 weeks and 20,000 rounds... Probably 5k of those rounds through this brand new 19!!

ixer
05-31-2011, 06:53
Maxtuck in horsehide.

http://whitehatholsters.com/IWB_Holster_MaxTuck/MaxTuck.html

Took a couple days to "break-in" the leather, but conceals well and is adjustable for ride height and cant. Easy to draw and easy to reholster. Usually wear strong side @ 3-4

GeorgiaGlocker
05-31-2011, 12:27
Versa Max II

sandworm40
05-31-2011, 13:24
From Seth's Gun Leather.
http://www.sethsgunleather.com/IWB.htm

I've got one for my Glock 23, it's a well made and very comfortable IWB leather holster. Wait time was one month, customer service is excellent.

NMPOPS
06-01-2011, 01:25
I use a Kramer horsehide model I've had for years, double belt loops and never collapses. Very comfortable for IWB.

Bill Lumberg
06-01-2011, 07:32
I prefer OWB. Just as conceable and more comfortable. That said, it's hard to beat the crossbreed supertuck or sidearmor IWB holsters. What seems to be a preferred IWB for the G19? If I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize. Thanks!

Shadyscott69
06-01-2011, 16:36
From Seth's Gun Leather.
http://www.sethsgunleather.com/IWB.htm

I've got one for my Glock 23, it's a well made and very comfortable IWB leather holster. Wait time was one month, customer service is excellent.

Thanks Jim. Glad you like it!

GremlinX
06-05-2011, 18:00
Bought an Mtac based on availability ... Hope I like it...

Bill Lumberg
06-08-2011, 05:29
OWB is just as concealable and more comfortable when properly executed. That said, for a 19/23/32, if you're set on IWB, I like sidearmor and crossbreed. What seems to be a preferred IWB for the G19? If I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize. Thanks!

pens-66
06-08-2011, 05:41
OWB is just as concealable and more comfortable when properly executed. That said, for a 19/23/32, if you're set on IWB, I like sidearmor and crossbreed.

I will agree on the comfort part..but concealability I have to disagree with. I'm not saying your wrong...but what combination do you use as far as gun,holster and belt,what position do you carry at,etc?? NOt trying to start a debate... just curious... thanks!:wavey:

Bill Lumberg
06-08-2011, 06:49
Wilderness tactical, or composite gunbelt. Glock sport (easiest), sidearmor, bianchi carrylok, or galco fletch. Easy concealment under no more than a t-shirt. I only resort to IWB for a 5" 1911, or when I'm using my sidearmor IWB for some reason or another. My off duty dress May through September is more often than not a t-shirt and shorts. I normally carry a 23 at 9 o'clock. Part of an individual's success will be dependent upon body type. Those with a narrow waist or a waist that is neutral (stright down on both sides from the ribs to the hips) will have an easier time than someone who has a big midsection and wears their belt artificially low to clear their belly. In those cases, I know it's rough.

pens-66
06-08-2011, 08:15
Thanks Bill... I use a few things you have suggested. I just guess its more of a mental thing than anything. I feel I print more carrying OWB. NOt saying this is true in your case but I think as a off duty officer you would be less worried about printing as oppossed to a regular CCW. I know when my brother in law carries off duty I can tell everytime he's carrying..but whats anyone really gonna say..LOL.. thanks again :wavey:

James Dean
06-08-2011, 09:19
Might I suggest...

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu106/shadyscott999/g23IWBht1.jpg

I am not positive, but I think I may have a couple black in stock.
I own one and YES it is very good for my G19, G23, or G26. Alex

GremlinX
06-28-2011, 05:55
Ended up with an Mtac... Like it so far.

Esco
06-28-2011, 06:57
The MIC Holster. End of thread. Best holster you will ever buy for Under $20. it really is as if you have no holster at all with the full protection of one that covers your entire firearm. It's incredible. I don't even always use it for just appendix carry. I can wear it wherever. I don't know how everyone shoves a Gigantic piece of plastic and leather down their pants all the time. It's like having a tumor attached to you. Looks obvious and strange every time. They say no one notices...but they do.

They may not know it's a gun, but I like being very incognito about my carrying. I don't like to feel that anxiety of being made.

http://www.glocktech.com/

Videos up on youtube

ashecht
06-28-2011, 07:03
Shielded holster from Kwart for my G19,G26,and G23. Also have one for my M&P 9C.

tankermw
06-28-2011, 07:49
I just got this for my 36. It only took 2 days and $40. So far this IS the most comfortable holster I have ever worn.
http://n82tactical.com/n82store/

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/SW-MP-COMPACT-225x300.png (http://n82tactical.com/n82store/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/SW-MP-COMPACT.png)

Bill Lumberg
06-28-2011, 08:19
It's not a holster, and isn't even close to adequate for carrying a loaded gun. It feels as if you have no holster at all because you don't. More suited for a glovebox or nightstand. Shadyscott- that picture makes me want that holster, and I don't even need it.
The MIC Holster. End of thread. Best holster you will ever buy for Under $20. it really is as if you have no holster at all with the full protection of one that covers your entire firearm. It's incredible. I don't even always use it for just appendix carry. I can wear it wherever. I don't know how everyone shoves a Gigantic piece of plastic and leather down their pants all the time. It's like having a tumor attached to you. Looks obvious and strange every time. They say no one notices...but they do.

They may not know it's a gun, but I like being very incognito about my carrying. I don't like to feel that anxiety of being made.

http://www.glocktech.com/

Videos up on youtube

Esco
06-28-2011, 08:28
It's not a holster, and isn't even close to adequate for carrying a loaded gun. It feels as if you have no holster at all because you don't. More suited for a glovebox or nightstand. Shadyscott- that picture makes me want that holster, and I don't even need it.

Do you even have one or tried one? It is most definitely a holster, just as any kydex one without the overly exaggerated amount of plastic everywhere. It holds perfectly and I have never had a problem with it in over a year of carrying my G19 daily.

I know there are others here on GT that also carry in a MIC. There is a massive following of the holster on facebook as well as other sites. It really is that good and comfortable. I have even played soccer while wearing it.

How is it that you don't believe it is a holster? What makes it so inadequate? It does everything the "common" holster does...but with quite a bit more stealth and comfort.

Bill Lumberg
06-28-2011, 11:03
Yes. Still not a holster.

hikerpaddler
06-28-2011, 11:09
We had one passed around in a class as one example of what not to use. Not a holster.

AGAF
06-28-2011, 11:52

Check out the N82 Tactical holster. Sure not much to look at, but I really like the concept. I'm probably going to give one of these a try.....

Esco
06-28-2011, 11:55
Yes. Still not a holster.

You still have not been able to give a single shred of credible and intelligent reason as why it is not a holster and why not to use it.

Esco
06-28-2011, 11:56
We had one passed around in a class as one example of what not to use. Not a holster.

So he gave an example with no reason behind it? Sounds more like opinion than truth to something that works. Much like many things here in GT

Ryobi
06-28-2011, 12:26
Same here. The reason is obvious. Its simply not a holster. Its a trigger cover. Obviously inadequate as a holster substitute.You still have not been able to give a single shred of credible and intelligent reason as why it is not a holster and why not to use it.

FatPants
06-28-2011, 12:37
Do you even have one or tried one? It is most definitely a holster, just as any kydex one without the overly exaggerated amount of plastic everywhere. It holds perfectly and I have never had a problem with it in over a year of carrying my G19 daily.

I know there are others here on GT that also carry in a MIC. There is a massive following of the holster on facebook as well as other sites. It really is that good and comfortable. I have even played soccer while wearing it.

How is it that you don't believe it is a holster? What makes it so inadequate? It does everything the "common" holster does...but with quite a bit more stealth and comfort.

I was intrigued by these, so I took a scrap of kydex I had, and made one. It is GREAT for storing a pistol on a drawer/bag/whatever, however, it is not good for carrying a pistol. The pistol moves all around inside the belt, when the pistol is drawn, it must come out of the belt, and go several more inches before the "holster" will finally snap off of the trigger guard. There is also nothing to spread out the imprint of the pistol on the person carrying it, making for a rather uncomfortable carry.

I seriously question anyone who says that they carry a pistol on one of these. They are uncomfortable, and impractical.

Judge Roy Bean
06-29-2011, 05:26

S2

This looks really good. Light and simple. How did you attach the leather hook to the glock holster?

hikerpaddler
06-29-2011, 05:28
true. I was intrigued by these, so I took a scrap of kydex I had, and made one. It is GREAT for storing a pistol on a drawer/bag/whatever, however, it is not good for carrying a pistol. The pistol moves all around inside the belt, when the pistol is drawn, it must come out of the belt, and go several more inches before the "holster" will finally snap off of the trigger guard. There is also nothing to spread out the imprint of the pistol on the person carrying it, making for a rather uncomfortable carry.

I seriously question anyone who says that they carry a pistol on one of these. They are uncomfortable, and impractical.

Esco
06-29-2011, 06:44
I was intrigued by these, so I took a scrap of kydex I had, and made one. It is GREAT for storing a pistol on a drawer/bag/whatever, however, it is not good for carrying a pistol. The pistol moves all around inside the belt, when the pistol is drawn, it must come out of the belt, and go several more inches before the "holster" will finally snap off of the trigger guard. There is also nothing to spread out the imprint of the pistol on the person carrying it, making for a rather uncomfortable carry.

Finally, someone with a reason for their opinion! Sorry it didn't work as well for you. Mine and many others who use this as a carry method never have this problem of having the firearm move around. It is normally pretty snug and stays put. Must have something to do with a persons body type maybe?:dunno: I do know some that have the issue and use a clip draw to keep it in place better. I never had the issue and it stays perfect no matter where I place it.

The length that you need to unholster the firearm is no different really than that of the motion you would pull any firearm out of a holster to the ready position. It is pretty comfortable...but again it is a matter of opinion. I have owned an MTAC, many different custom holsters from makers here on GT as well as the supertuck, Rocketman Lowrider, bladetech nano, and some Fist Holsters...None were ever comfortable and were like wearing a fetus. The MIC for me definitely makes it feel like I have nothing on...no added weight or surface area to cover on me.

Thanks for the input though. Helps the OP figure out what he wants to try...but definitely for under $20, I believe everyone should give the MIC a try before jumping on any bandwagon.

Esco
06-29-2011, 06:48
Same here. The reason is obvious. Its simply not a holster. Its a trigger cover. Obviously inadequate as a holster substitute.

How is it inadequate? What is the difference to any other holster. Covering the trigger guard is all it does in any holster...so I don't understand the reasoning? It is strapped to your belt and covers the necessities of the firearm. What more is needed? :dunno:

DOrth
06-29-2011, 07:02
How is it inadequate? What is the difference to any other holster. Covering the trigger guard is all it does in any holster...so I don't understand the reasoning? It is strapped to your belt and covers the necessities of the firearm. What more is needed? :dunno:

One of the local drug Task Force Officers was carrying with a product very similar to this made by a local Deputy at a concert recently, he had to chase a suspect causing his Glock 27 to come out of his pants. The pistol didn't come out of the piece, but I can't really say it was very safe having it flopping around outside his pants in a crowd.

Shadyscott69
06-29-2011, 07:36

That is very far from being correct.

A proper holster...

1. Secures the gun
2. Covers the trigger
3. Protects the gun
4. Positions the gun in exactly the same manner for muscle memory
5. carries the gun in relative comfort while meeting all of the above

I know a fellow that carries a j frame in an old tube sock in his pocket. It is not a holster.

Bill Lumberg
06-30-2011, 05:39
Correct. Glaringly obvious. That is very far from being correct.

A proper holster...

1. Secures the gun
2. Covers the trigger
3. Protects the gun
4. Positions the gun in exactly the same manner for muscle memory
5. carries the gun in relative comfort while meeting all of the above

I know a fellow that carries a j frame in an old tube sock in his pocket. It is not a holster.

BailRecoveryAgent
06-30-2011, 09:09
Correct. Glaringly obvious.

Well, glaringly obvious to some anyways.