FTF with 4lb striker spring [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FTF with 4lb striker spring

Aquagear
05-28-2011, 15:38
I did the 25 cent trigger job on my model 34, also replaced the striker spring and put in the 6lb trigger spring. The trigger is great 3.2 lb and crisp, however with some primers, Wolf mainly I am getting light primer strikes. Is there anything that can be done other than going back to the standard striker spring to solve this?

JR
05-28-2011, 20:32
Its a hard primer issue you are dealing with. Going back to the 5lb striker spring or switching ammunition is about all you can do at this point

Aquagear
05-28-2011, 21:17
Thanks, I figured that much, do not have that many wolf primers left. I will use them in my revolvers they seem to work fine in them.

JR
05-28-2011, 21:33
Let us know how it performs when you finally switch up primers

Aquagear
05-29-2011, 18:52
Put the standard striker spring in, went through a full box of my reloads with Wolf primers at the range today without any malfunctions. All of my other reloads with winchester primers will do the same with the 4lb spring. I also noticed the trigger pull did not change that much, all of the trigger parts are worn in nicely. So I have my options 6lb spring untill I shoot up my supply of wolf primers, and the 4lb for other brands. Hope this helps.

JR
05-30-2011, 22:36
Good for you! Identify the problem then resolve the issue and be on your way.
Thanks for the follow up report