reset on my G30 is "vague" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : reset on my G30 is "vague"

ennis
05-28-2011, 19:13
I don't know how else to describe it. The reset is just vague, not a definite click, like on my G27. I know I'll be asked what I have done to the gun, so here goes... I have done a $0.25 trigger job (q-tip & flitz), changed to a smooth trigger and trigger bar, added a Ghost 3.5lb connector and a 6lb wolff trigger spring. When i hold the trigger back and cycle the slide, by hand, as I release the trigger I can hardly feel the reset point. It resets, but it is hard to tell exactly when. Any ideas?

GunHo198
05-28-2011, 20:34
Is it the same with the old trigger bar? I have the same setup but with the factory trigger bar. Mine is fine.

ennis
05-28-2011, 20:38
Is it the same with the old trigger bar? I have the same setup but with the factory trigger bar. Mine is fine.
Thanks, I'll try replacing the old one and see. I don't remember it doing this before. It's a good reason not to change out more than one thing at a time.:dunno:

cciman
05-28-2011, 21:48
I suspect the trigger too.

ennis
05-28-2011, 21:56
Well the original trigger behaves the same.:crying: The gun functions fine with the exception of this mushy reset. Any engineers here? My ability to understand the interplay of gears and levers is on the same level as the average barnyard animal.

GunHo198
05-28-2011, 22:24
Well the original trigger behaves the same.:crying: The gun functions fine with the exception of this mushy reset. Any engineers here? My ability to understand the interplay of gears and levers is on the same level as the average barnyard animal.

I'd keep backtracking. Leave the factory trigger in and put the factory spring back in. If it's the same then it has to be the connector. After you change the conector then you can replace the other parts 1x1. Just reread your initial post. I don't have the ghost conector. Just a standard 3.5 connector. So I can't say how a ghost feels...

cciman
05-29-2011, 22:06
The ghost3.5 is not different than any other 3.5 connector. This is not the Rocket, correct?

The connector piece should be pushed all the way into the plastic, but should not be flush against the trigger ejector/housing at the top. There should be an angle on the trigger connector, angled outward away from the trigger housing surface. This angle rubs the connector against the beak of the trigger bar. Try bending it out very slightly ~0.25 mm. Keep bending it outward a little at a time, until it works.

That's the issue.

If this works for you, put the smooth trigger back in.

Glockrunner
05-30-2011, 05:58
... understand the interplay of gears and levers is on the same level as the average barnyard animal.

Bending the connector as described by CCIMAN probably isn't going to be the answer for you with this issue.

There are forces at work you can't see and issues here without the right components you can't see. For safety sake don't fire the weapon until you can discuss this with the manufacture of the parts or have a Glock Armorer look at it.

cciman
06-01-2011, 19:17
And?..............

ennis
06-01-2011, 19:36
According to Arthur at Ghost, having the connector rubbing against the trigger housing is the most common installation error he hears about. They have instructions for the correct bend angle on the Ghost website, but the pictures are minuscule, tiny, too small, impossible to make out... That, plus the kitchen table was foolishly needed for dinner, so project got postponed. i will get to it this week end and report back.

ennis
06-02-2011, 13:42
The ghost3.5 is not different than any other 3.5 connector. This is not the Rocket, correct?

The connector piece should be pushed all the way into the plastic, but should not be flush against the trigger ejector/housing at the top. There should be an angle on the trigger connector, angled outward away from the trigger housing surface. This angle rubs the connector against the beak of the trigger bar. Try bending it out very slightly ~0.25 mm. Keep bending it outward a little at a time, until it works.

That's the issue.

If this works for you, put the smooth trigger back in.
Bingo!:woohoo: Yup that did the trick. Nice definite reset and an improved trigger pull. Function checked with snap caps and then ran two mags through. 1 mag, standard velocity, white box, 230gr FMJ and 1 mag, 230gr Winchester Ranger Ts +P. I can't really describe why the fatter frame, and larger diameter bullet seems more "pleasing" for me to shoot than my G27, but it is...(and I really enjoy shooting the G27).

Living in the boonies has it's perks. Being able to test fire my guns out back, is definitely a plus.

Thanks for the help.

cciman
06-02-2011, 14:51
Fatter grip gives more surface area to absorb the recoil. On a compact gun, that makes much of the difference.

Also the 40SW has a snappier sharper recoil than the 45ACP, that's why the 45 is subjectively more pleasant to the hand.

The full size G21 will also feel like a softer recoil compared to a standard 1911, shooting the same load.

Good luck.

GunHo198
06-02-2011, 15:31
I prefer my G30 over my G27 also. I pretty much got the G27 as a backup and for dress and better concealability.