Padded duty belt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Padded duty belt

JTipper.45
05-28-2011, 22:39
Has anyone had any experience with Safarilands Levitation system or Uncle Mikes Evo gear? It seems that I am starting to suffer from nerve compression. While working a DWI checkpoint the other night, after standing for about 5 hours I noticed that my upper thighs were numb. Kinda unnerving (no pun intended). After getting home it continued. A day later I went to ER and that's when I was told it was nerve compression on my outer hips. Doc reccomended a "padded" belt. I've never handeled one so I'm wondering if anyone out there has fooled with them?

glockurai
05-28-2011, 22:54
Don't know about the padded belts but a fellow officer swears by his suspenders. "The best twenty bucks ever spent" according to him. It relieves lower back pain. Not sure what brand they are.

Narc1911
05-28-2011, 22:58
TDL belt is what we now issue to all our guys. I love mine.

https://www.tdlabs.com/images/products/131.jpg

http://tacticaldesi239.corecommerce.com/Belt-Systems/Professional-Comfort-System-p8.html

Morris
05-29-2011, 13:42
A HUGE plus one for TD Labs. Guys who wore suspenders went to these and pronounced them as a big improvement. I wear one without the lumbar bag.

Narc1911
05-29-2011, 13:52
A HUGE plus one for TD Labs. Guys who wore suspenders went to these and pronounced them as a big improvement. I wear one without the lumbar bag.

Yeah I nixed the extra lumbar pad as well.

JTipper.45
05-29-2011, 21:03
So far the TDL is looking good. Safariland had discontinued the levatation duty gear. All they offer now is a between the belts pad and a padded UBL. The Bianchi sounded good but it looks like the edge of the belt will still sit down on my hips where the nerve is. I'm a chucky boy. At 41 my age and weight are starting to catch up to me so I'm about to go for comfort and not speed. If I have to get an all new belt set up I'm about to get minimalistic about it.

Ajon412
05-29-2011, 23:40
So far the TDL is looking good. Safariland had discontinued the levatation duty gear. All they offer now is a between the belts pad and a padded UBL. The Bianchi sounded good but it looks like the edge of the belt will still sit down on my hips where the nerve is. I'm a chucky boy. At 41 my age and weight are starting to catch up to me so I'm about to go for comfort and not speed. If I have to get an all new belt set up I'm about to get minimalistic about it.

I use this....It may not seem like much, but it does help....

lawman800
05-29-2011, 23:43
I have been using the Bianchi ErgoTek belt with the raised pillows underneath for the last 12 years and it really made a big difference when compared to my other non-padded belts. I don't feel the pain of the edges cutting into my sides with this belt and it costs the same so why not?

The only tough part is wedging some of the equipment on there but it's doable and the benefit is that your gear doesn't shift around after you set it in place.