I am Proud father [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I am Proud father

Dragoon44
05-29-2011, 19:20
Read the press release on the fiery crash. near the bottom of the page.

http://levycountysheriffsblog.blogspot.com/

Deputy was seriously injured in the crash and unable to get out of the vehicle that had burst into flames. (patrol car completely destroyed).

My 21 YO Son was one of the two men that pulled the deputy form the burning vehicle.

He and his buddy ( the other guy) were on their way to visit with friends in north Florida.

I am very proud of my son.

Ruble Noon
05-29-2011, 19:32

Deputy was seriously injured in the crash and unable to get out of the vehicle that had burst into flames. (patrol car completely destroyed).

My 21 YO Son was one of the two men that pulled the deputy form the burning vehicle.

He and his buddy ( the other guy) were on their way to visit with friends in north Florida.

I bet the deputy is happy that your son and his friend came along. That car is toast.

txleapd
Awesome! Your son obviously takes after his old man... :cheers:

packsaddle
looks like you raised him right.

good job.

tell your son thanks from us.

Hack
05-29-2011, 19:34
Your son is a brave man!

Vigilant
05-29-2011, 19:35
Kudos to your son, sir. Strong evidence of good parenting. :thumbsup:

Dragoon44
05-29-2011, 19:49
I have always been proud of him, he is a good kid, never been in trouble and we never had any real problems with him.

Physically he is my clone ( with the exception of the blonde hair he got from his mom) and his mental make up is much like mine at his age.

He is considering a career iin LE. I told him if he wants to go that route I can get him a job no problem.

blueiron
05-29-2011, 19:54
That is one fine son.

Vigilant
05-29-2011, 20:11
A Dragoon clone in his early Twenties. That should strike fear in the hearts of every thug on the street. I already like it. :supergrin:

Detectorist
05-29-2011, 20:15
Awesome, just plain awesome!

I've personally tried once to rescue a child from a burning car. Got burned myself. My hair was on fire and my jacket melted but didn't succeed.

I know what it takes. He obviously has the right stuff.

Your son would be an asset to any police department.

cowboywannabe
05-29-2011, 20:31
waidaminute, if youre so old.....then your son must have used his walker to get to the deputy.....LOL

actually glad the deputy is doing well for once and glad your son was man enough to do the right thing....

been to many a crash scenes that had plenty of on lookers yelling for somebody (else) to do something....

Pinki
05-29-2011, 20:40
:thumbsup: :cheerleader:

SpoiledBySig
05-29-2011, 20:51
Good to see. Your son did a great thing and showed a lot of guts (bravery) in a world where most people his age (heck, most people any age) would be too frightened to use common sense and help out.

He's restoring my faith in younger 20 something year old people.

Have a beer on me (after work, of course).:cool:

RussP
05-29-2011, 20:53

I am very proud of my son.Read the title and thought, "DAMN!! He's still making babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are rightfully proud!!

Dragoon44
05-29-2011, 20:58
Read the title and thought, "DAMN!! He's still making babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are rightfully proud!!

I am out of the baby making business, but my Daughter ( my oldest child) told me last week I am going to be a Grandpa,

Now I feel OLD.

collim1
05-29-2011, 21:00
Give him a pat on the back for all of us Dragoon.

Sam Spade
05-29-2011, 21:10

And you should be! Excellent job, young man.

CJStudent
05-29-2011, 21:15
Give him a pat on the back for all of us Dragoon.

+1! Goes for me too; you have every reason to be proud!

BennerP220
05-29-2011, 21:23
Awesome!

ateamer
05-29-2011, 21:24
Well done!

steveksux
05-29-2011, 21:27
Outstanding! I recall someone saying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Randy

collim1
05-29-2011, 21:32
Just read the complete article and would like to add prayers for the deputy's recovery.

A broken femur is no joke and could be a career ender. I hope he recovers fully.

rgregoryb
05-29-2011, 21:37
Good job by your son, must of learned a lot from you.

I must admit I discouraged my sons from following the LEO path.

Vigilant
05-29-2011, 21:40
Wait a minute. This can't be Dragoon's son. Nowhere in the article does it mention him giving anyone an ass beating! :rofl:

Dragoon44
05-29-2011, 21:43
Just read the complete article and would like to add prayers for the deputy's recovery.

A broken femur is no joke and could be a career ender. I hope he recovers fully.

My son said at the scene they thought the Deputies hip was broken, he was unable to move at all.

Dragoon44
05-29-2011, 21:44
Wait a minute. This can't be Dragoon's son. Nowhere in the article does it mention him giving anyone an ass beating! :rofl:

He's the kindler, gentler, version of me.

:tongueout::rofl:

KiloBravo
05-29-2011, 22:45
Congrats Dragoon! I am only two years older than your son. I am glad he had the will and courage to help somebody in need. He would make a fine asset to any PD in this world if he decides to follow that career path. Please let him know he has a free beer waiting for him if he ever makes it to my little part of Pennsylvania.

I guess I could extend the same offer to you too since you only raised him and all. :supergrin:

Well done.

lawman800
05-29-2011, 23:55
Good job!

Wait, he's only 21? Does that mean you had him when you were 4,372 years old?:supergrin:

Patchman
05-30-2011, 05:09
Good job by the son. And give yourself a pat on the back for raising your kids right.

Patchman
05-30-2011, 05:10
Outstanding! I recall someone saying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Randy

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh yes.

merlynusn
05-30-2011, 07:13
Good job! You should be proud of him.

lethal tupperwa
05-30-2011, 07:23
apples and trees

txleapd
05-30-2011, 07:46
My son said at the scene they thought the Deputies hip was broken, he was unable to move at all.

There is so much I could do with a 'broken hip' joke.... :whistling:

:tbo:

A6Gator
05-30-2011, 08:38
Good job by the son. And give yourself a pat on the back for raising your kids right.

+1. I know you said he's a good kid, but it's good to see it re-affirmed when he steps up and does the right thing.

USAFE7
05-30-2011, 08:43
Outstanding Dragoon44. You have good reason to be proud!!!!

SpoiledBySig
05-30-2011, 08:44
I do know the feeling of being proud of kids. My son did 4 years in the Marine Corps (Infantry) and has been a cop in a nearby Palm Beach County city (120 officers) for over the past 5 years.

My other daughter has been in the medical field for almost 2 years now. They both make their own money and pay their own bills.
I have a 14 year old daughter and a 13 year old son, who I am hoping both take the same path. It seems that the even younger kids seem very ungrateful for all the things we provide them with. Who's fault is that? Mine and my wife's fault of course.

I like to blame this newly found internet society at the drop of a hat, but the bottom line is I always had some sort of control over it.

My older son and older daughter have never done such a heroic act as your 21 year old son has done (being at the right place and right time has a big part in it). But I trust that they would have acted the same and showed the same amount of character, if the situation was the same.

In my retirement years (past 6) I have worked as a University cop and I see the attitudes these younger kids have. To be fair, perhaps half, or more than half may have the good moral values that I like to see....but it's these kids that have all these. "entitlement expectations" that seem to make an impact on me.

Your son (and his friend), by fate had a chance to show true bravery and character and I think they passed that test with flying colors. I sure hope there are many more who'll do the same, should the situation arise. I really want to believe in this.

MeefZah
05-31-2011, 09:22
Cool!

Mas Ayoob
05-31-2011, 10:08
You have every right to be proud. :-)

And congratulations on the forthcoming grandbaby, too~

RussP
05-31-2011, 10:25
I am out of the baby making business, but my Daughter ( my oldest child) told me last week I am going to be a Grandpa,

Now I feel OLD.Do I have to teach you everything!?!?!

Grandparent Rule: You are only as old as your youngest [potty trained] grandchild.

I felt adding "potty trained" necessary so you'd not blame me for your regressing back to diapers!!!:tongueout:

That has worked for me for almost two decades now!

Oh, and congratulations, you'll do fine!

9L82
05-31-2011, 18:51
Push him into law enforcement, we need more brave young men who are willing to get the job done. Good job raising a hero my friend.

lethal tupperwa
06-01-2011, 08:54
you should be drawn rather than pushed into LE

Bill Lumberg
06-01-2011, 12:17
Top score Dragoon. Acorn didn't fall far from the tree.

volsbear
06-01-2011, 12:45
Nice work! The kid's got balls and does the right thing. We need more of 'em.

But tell him next time, go back in for the deputy's hat.

Morris
06-01-2011, 15:50
Good on him papa.

The photos of the car post fire are sobering.

JimBianchi
06-01-2011, 17:02
Your son did great job that day!

You did a great job with your son!

Congrats to both.