*Video* U.S. Park Police Vs. People Dancing @ The Jefferson Memorial! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : *Video* U.S. Park Police Vs. People Dancing @ The Jefferson Memorial!

ULVER
05-29-2011, 23:21
What say you>? :dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrYgjPGgNnc&feature=youtu.be

TBO
05-29-2011, 23:24
What say you>? :dunno:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII

cowboywannabe
05-29-2011, 23:29
this was a national memorial where permission is required for demonstrations.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

if some dude wants to dance with another dude and kiss them, do so in a place that has no national sybollic honor or reverence....

my mistake, that was a woman i think he was dancing with.

cowboywannabe
05-29-2011, 23:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII

man i love that song!:wavey:

Ajon412
05-29-2011, 23:38

if some dude wants to dance with another dude and kiss them, do so in a place that has no national sybollic honor or reverence....

my mistake, that was a woman i think he was dancing with.

:agree:...What he said....

cowboywannabe
05-29-2011, 23:45
and if youre stupid enough to dance at a memorial, at least have the descentcy to put on a good show. :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjYaAO1GvE4

COBRA90GT
05-29-2011, 23:59
Hrmmm....

opelwasp
05-30-2011, 03:56
Looks like unlawful assembly, refusal to disperse, and refusing to follow a lawful order of a police officer.

Moron college students wanting to make a point. They did, they are tools.

Rabbit994
05-30-2011, 09:30
Hoping for tased hippies, left disappointed.

GioaJack
05-30-2011, 09:57
If you can't do a decent country two-step you shouldn't be allowed to dance... simply concept, obey it.

Exceptions will be made for members of the 'greatest generation' who are allowed to perform the Jitterbug and the Lindy.

Jack

txleapd
05-30-2011, 10:33
What say you? :dunno:

I say that the hippies knew that they couldn't dance there, and the decided to thumb their noses at the law. It wasn't like they didn't know... They went there with cameras rolling, with the obvious intent of forcing a confrontation with the police. They put the officers in a no win situation. I wish being an ***hole was a crime in of itself.

The law is the law. If they don't like it, there are ways to work within the system to get the law changed. Picking a fight with cops isn't the right way to go about it.... And let's be honest here. Looking at the people who starred this, they don't strike me as being the socially responsible type. I doubt they went there to protest an unjust law, as much as they went there just to try and make the cops look bad.

IndyGunFreak
05-30-2011, 10:38
Looks like unlawful assembly, refusal to disperse, and refusing to follow a lawful order of a police officer.

Moron college students wanting to make a point. They did, they are tools.

Pretty much.

JohnnyReb
05-30-2011, 10:41
Everyone has to love code pink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_Pink

US Park and US Capitol police arrest plenty of them every year for the same thing.

txleapd
05-30-2011, 10:59

Awesome...

steveksux
05-30-2011, 11:02
Everyone has to love code pink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_Pink:rofl: I thought that was a breast cancer organization..

Ford has a "Warriors in Pink" Mustang, that's what I was thinking of.

US Park and US Capitol police arrest plenty of them every year for the same thing.I'll admit I'm a little puzzled by what's going on there, the whole dancing/demonstration thing, how that's illegal and what the charges would be.

I'll give them some credit, passive resistance to protest what they feel is an unjust law is better than some other forms. Sort of the Rosa Parks of bad dancers.

Popular dancing doesn't need protection. Its the unpopular dancing that the majority doesn't want to watch that needs protection, lest none of us are free to dance badly. :whistling:

Seriously though, you can see it in the officers faces, they're not happy having to enforce this sort of thing, obviously petty BS that isn't worth their time. I do feel sorry for them in this case. BUT... they don't have a choice in the matter. Its stupid to waste your energy fighting the police in this case when they're not the ones that made the rules. Take it up with the US Park Service if its a policy, or which ever entity made up the no dancing rule. I'm assuming this is a "need permission to hold a demonstration because its a memorial", and some bureaucrat ruled that dancing is a form of demonstration.

Find the root of the issue and do something useful to change that. Of course, its WAY more fun to get arrested and get your face on youtube.

ETA: I love the loudmouth guy. Obviously overheard what was going on, thought it was funny and started slow dancing with his GF. Then complains he wasn't warned when he got arrested. Sometimes being a wiseass has consequences.
Randy

Arc Angel
05-30-2011, 11:12
The kid with the multicolored beanie on, isn't he the same one who was open carrying in Philadelphia recently?

(Geeze, has somebody quietly turned HAARP on and not told us?) :rollingeyes:

JohnnyReb
05-30-2011, 11:13
I'll admit I'm a little puzzled by what's going on there, the whole dancing/demonstration thing, how that's illegal and what the charges would be.

I'll give them some credit, passive resistance to protest what they feel is an unjust law is better than some other forms. Sort of the Rosa Parks of bad dancers.

The charges would be protesting without a permit, and probably unlawful entry.

Code pink will enter a public building, usually a senate or house office building, and start singing, and doing their peaceloving hippie stuff.

That is how code pink protests.

USAFE7
05-30-2011, 11:27
Well ya can't fix stupid....but you can at least arrest it.....

grizz
05-30-2011, 13:02
Yet another group of "enlightened" *********s. I'm sure their parents are proud.

Morris
05-30-2011, 14:36
I loved the "disobey" T shirt.

Saw that worn on a Larouche Youth Movement member once. I wonder if Alex Jones peddles it too?

steveksux
05-30-2011, 15:14
The charges would be protesting without a permit, and probably unlawful entry.

Code pink will enter a public building, usually a senate or house office building, and start singing, and doing their peaceloving hippie stuff.

That is how code pink protests.Gotcha, thanks for the explanation.
Have to admit, my first impression was "no dancing allowed at the Jefferson Memorial? lolwhut? "

Randy

cowboywannabe
05-30-2011, 15:21
Gotcha, thanks for the explanation.
Have to admit, my first impression was "no dancing allowed at the Jefferson Memorial? lolwhut? "

Randy

the sad part is there are still people in this country who have to be told this, and more than once as the case was here.

Berto
05-30-2011, 15:24
It's flash-mobbing.
Go to jail, twits.

steveksux
05-30-2011, 15:30
the sad part is there are still people in this country who have to be told this, and more than once as the case was here.True enough, the obvious unspoken question was why the hell are they trying to dance there in the first place... couldn't figure out why they felt the need to put that sort of rule in place..

Randy

ViperGlock
05-30-2011, 22:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yydlX7c8HbY

x_out86
05-30-2011, 22:33

This says it all right here....short and sweet.

Well ya can't fix stupid....but you can at least arrest it.....

Amen brother. Amen.

Tvov
05-31-2011, 05:58
Seems to me that the first officer was very polite and professional about warning them.

One of these years I would like to bring my family to Washington D.C. to tour the memorials, and to see idiots like those kids just pisses me off. They were causing a public disturbance, not allowing other people to enjoy / appreciate the monument. Go dance in a park somewhere... or even just outside the monument, not inside. The kids knew what they were doing, and got the response they wanted so they could show a video. They would have keep egging the police until they reacted. The police knew what was going on, and shut it down as quickly as they could.

Thank you to the police for reacting quickly to clean that monument up.

KennyFSU
05-31-2011, 06:43
The real crime was the horrible dancing.

SpoiledBySig
05-31-2011, 07:02
The real crime was the horrible dancing.

Yep, they're a least guilty of a "Capitol" Offense. :supergrin:

scottydl
05-31-2011, 07:56

I find it hard to compare anything those hippie idiots were doing to Rosa Parks, who became a pivotal figure in the Civil Rights Movement (although that wasn't necessarily her goal). Also, most of them were NOT passively resisting. Passive would be if they laid down and voluntarily got arrested. There was a large amount of active resisting in that video, walking/pulling away from officers, tightening arms and legs to prevent cuffing, etc. My taser/OC spray or both would be have been utilized, although I'm sure U.S. Park Police have some limitations there (especially spray that would linger for a long period of time).

SpoiledBySig
05-31-2011, 08:05
It was obvious they were resisting. Passive resisting, but still resisting. I don't know about their statutes/law elements.

I do know in Florida, the charge is, "Resisting an Officer" (with or w/o violence). People use the term, "Resisting Arrest" commonly, but the charge in Florida was never called "Resisting Arrest", it's resisting an officer and that would mean resisting a LAWFUL order given by an officer.

Here's the statute (many Florida or past Florida LEO's know this all too well)-

843.02 Resisting officer without violence to his or her person.--Whoever shall resist, obstruct, or oppose any officer as defined in s. 943.10(1), (2), (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9); member of the Parole Commission or any administrative aide or supervisor employed by the commission; county probation officer; parole and probation supervisor; personnel or representative of the Department of Law Enforcement; or other person legally authorized to execute process in the execution of legal process or in the lawful execution of any legal duty, without offering or doing violence to the person of the officer, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

ICARRY2
06-01-2011, 01:40
I agree with the Park Service rule that requires a permit to demonstrate at National Memorials. The last thing I want to have to deal with a bunch of smelly, unemployed hippies just out to get attention and ruin other people's enjoyment of a memorial. I say let the rules of decorum remain in place.

Maybe someone should point out to code pink the time, place and manner rule regarding freedom of expression.