Looked at sights today. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looked at sights today.

Foxtrotx1
05-30-2011, 12:48
Compared the 512, the ML3 and the Reflex 1 12.5 Triangle. The 512 and ml3 were nice, but bulky. After testing out the reflex in a few different lighting conditions, including dark into sunlight, I think i liked it best.
Any thoughts?

WoodenPlank
05-30-2011, 13:35
Of the 3, I would go with the Aimpoint. However, I would suggest the PRO over the M3 or ML3, due to cost. The Trijicon would be a distant second, with the EO Tech in a very distant third - for my tastes.

boomhower
05-30-2011, 13:58
After using an Aimpoint(Pro in my case), I couldn't imagine using anything else. If you can't find the Pro take a look at the C3. Pretty much the same as the ML3 but with less water resistance. Unless you plan on taking your rifle swimming the C3 would be fine and save you $100.

Foxtrotx1
05-30-2011, 15:26
I didn't get to look at a pro, they seem like a great deal though. I love the look of the Trijicon, but the aimpoint does have a distinct brightness advantage. The amber triangle is so crisp. Seems like a very accurate aiming point for long distance. Tough decisions!

RICOGLOCK30
05-30-2011, 19:05
I just ordered an custom built AR15 which will be built by my dealer, just waiting on the lower receiver to come in from Spikes. When I told the gun smith I wanted a scope which he's an ex-military guy. He said to get a Trijicon Acog. He said Trijicon is the best and that's what military uses.
Unfortunately they're fecking way expensive, $1000 or more :wow:, but I guess the best cost money. So instead of trying to save money and maybe not be happy. I'm going to wait until I can afford one :whistling:

Foxtrotx1
05-31-2011, 01:12
I just ordered an custom built AR15 which will be built by my dealer, just waiting on the lower receiver to come in from Spikes. When I told the gun smith I wanted a scope which he's an ex-military guy. He said to get a Trijicon Acog. He said Trijicon is the best and that's what military uses.
Unfortunately they're fecking way expensive, $1000 or more :wow:, but I guess the best cost money. So instead of trying to save money and maybe not be happy. I'm going to wait until I can afford one :whistling:

I wish i could afford the 1.5 Acog. Just not in the budget right now.

BBJones
05-31-2011, 10:39

The military uses alot more than ACOG's. a 3x ACOG might be great in Ahole-astan but doesn't mean that it is best for what you are using the weapon for. For civilians in most cases, I think the choice should be a red dot vs low powered variable scope (1x-4x). Really optic choice all comes down to the use of the rifle. I would definitely shoot a rifle with a fixed power ACOG before buying one.

Just out of curiosity what are the parts being used for your custom build?

faawrenchbndr
05-31-2011, 11:56
...... He said to get a Trijicon Acog. He said Trijicon is the best and that's what military uses.

The Aimpoint is pretty much the standard issue for optics. Many units do use others.
I have an Aimpoint M2,.......love it. Rock solid reliable, hits out to 250m, & 1/3 the cost of an Acog