Thumbs up for T.M. and Smart Gunner [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for T.M. and Smart Gunner

rem2429
05-31-2011, 13:10
I placed an order for a custom upper from smart gunner knowing there was a wait, but pleased with the price point. Specifically a 16 in Gov't profile with 12 in Omega rail, 1.0 battle comp, and noticed the other day they had my upper with an A2 instead of a Battle Comp in stock. I emailed and called as I am about to have to move and wanted to know if they could do something to speed the process up, or if I needed to change the order to reflect my new address. Tommy called me back twice, on Memorial Day nonetheless, and offered to send the upper and a battle comp as I had ordered to install myself right away. I offered to pay for the A2 and he refused to accept payment for it and ate the loss.

If you are in a hurry, order from stock on hand, to avoid a delay, but order whatever you chose with confidence.

boomhower
05-31-2011, 15:36
Tommy's a good guy but gets a lot of crap for the length it takes uppers to ship. Thing is he doesn't ship them they are drop shipped from DD directly. I bought an upper and a lower from him and am very happy with his service.

BBJones
05-31-2011, 16:51
Tommy is a good guy, but I understand some of the frustration from his customers. I ordered a 16 LW middy with an 12" Omega X @ end of Nov. and received it on Jan 12th. I was super happy with that as I saved approx $250.

My brother then ordered a 16 middy gov't with 12" Lite on 12/31/10 and has yet to receive anything. 6 months of his money being out of pocket with no upper is disappointing at best.

If the waits are close to this bad with the new higher price, I would stick to ordering what he has on hand.

mjkeat
05-31-2011, 18:40
I ordered form Tommy @ SmartGunner and recieved my DD 14.5" LW middy w/ 12" RIS II and perm. BC 1.5 in 4 weeks and DD stripped lower in a week +- a day or two.

Daekwan
05-31-2011, 20:29
My order took 4 months & 1 week. It really is a crap shoot.. There is absolutely no guarantee on when DD will build your upper. And Tommy has no real input on that or information about the status of your order after it's placed.

mjkeat
05-31-2011, 20:41
From what I gather DD builds certain rifles in batches by what rail, etc. is on it. So if you want a rifle w/ a 12" Lite and they don't have plans to build it for some time you're SOL. Or if they run short on rails or whatever it can cause an issue.