Vortex optics (strikefire) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vortex optics (strikefire)

bmoore
05-31-2011, 15:15
So I bought a red/green Strikefire at my local AR house a couple weeks ago for 149 (didnt know much about them at the time). Took it home and I loved it except for one thing, it wasnt all that bright in the CA sun. I did some research and found out that they make a newer red only version that is much brighter, local shop does not carry those. I called Vortex and told them my situation, the lady asked if it had been mounted already. I told her yes but no shooting was done with it, she put me on hold for about 20 seconds. She told me to send it back with a 25 dollar payment and they would send me the red dot only version. I got the new Strikefire in about 5 business days, and it is almost twice as bright as the red/green. Nice people to deal with, customer service picked up on like the 2nd ring. Just my .02 cents. I know were all guilty of spreading bad service news faster than the good news so there you go.

CNix880
12-24-2011, 10:45
I know this thread is kinda old but I'm curious what your impressions of the Vortex Strikefire are. Have you run any CQC drills with it? How's the target acquisition? How does the Red version do in bright sunlight?