AR Sling Mounts ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR Sling Mounts ?

VaGlock
05-31-2011, 17:47
How many of you use a sling on your AR? What set up do you use? Last question, are the $30+ mounts much better then the $10 mounts or is it the name you are paying for? I don't mind paying for quality but I dont have money to waste.
VaGlock

boomhower
05-31-2011, 17:57
I have Daniel Defense endplate mount and use the built in QD mount on my rail. In general when it comes to accessories you get what you pay for. Pay $10 for chinese junk and that's what you get.

CarryTexas
05-31-2011, 18:11
How many of you use a sling on your AR? What set up do you use? Last question, are the $30+ mounts much better then the $10 mounts or is it the name you are paying for? I don't mind paying for quality but I dont have money to waste.
VaGlock

I have been doing a ton of research on slings and mounts and I have settled on the Magpul ASAP & the Magpul MS-2 sling.

mjkeat
05-31-2011, 18:32
The best in the mount business = http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/. Their stuff is worth every penny and they have scary fast shipping.

VaGlock
05-31-2011, 18:36
I have Daniel Defense endplate mount and use the built in QD mount on my rail. In general when it comes to accessories you get what you pay for. Pay $10 for chinese junk and that's what you get.

I was thinking that would be the answer but I thought I would ask. You never know until you ask.
Thanks
VaGlock

RMTactical
05-31-2011, 19:45
It just depends. What type of sling are you looking to get? Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

VaGlock
05-31-2011, 20:05
It just depends. What type of sling are you looking to get? Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

Thanks, will do once I figure out what I am looking for.
VaGlock

BlackPaladin
05-31-2011, 20:15
The best in the mount business = http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/. Their stuff is worth every penny and they have scary fast shipping.

Yep, Earl (the owner) takes care of his customers.

mjkeat
05-31-2011, 20:36
Yep, Earl (the owner) takes care of his customers.

Every time Ive received an order theres a hand written "Thank You" signed by him on the invoice. How many other companies do that.

TedG
05-31-2011, 20:48
I use the Israeli Defense Sling and I don't have to be concerned about mounts. They're real-world tested and extremely practical. And, they are inexpensive.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/TedG954/Miscellaneous/ARs4a.jpg

trlcavscout
05-31-2011, 23:30
I have been debating what sling system to go with. I didnt want to unstake the castle nut on my new BCM since they do such a good job on it so that eliminated the ASAP and MS2 I would have gone with. So tonight I was playing around with a 2 point setup but didnt like the left/right transition so I made my own single/two point. It will only be used as a single point though. I temped the rear attachment on the MOE stock since it will be getting switched out soon. But its fully functional and the whole thing cost me $0, which I really like. Like I said the rear attachment is still gonna hook to the stock but will be different. It is even padded.

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/trlcavscout/20110531232712.jpg

AK_Stick
06-01-2011, 00:12
I run the standard sling point on the front, and around the loop on the standard carbine butt stock on my M-4 at work.

At home I've got a MS-2. Really all depends on what you want.

boomhower
06-01-2011, 02:33
For a sling I use a Vickers. Look at your uses before going with the magpul MS2 it's narrow and gets painful with extended wearing.

CarryTexas
06-01-2011, 06:13
For a sling I use a Vickers. Look at your uses before going with the magpul MS2 it's narrow and gets painful with extended wearing.

Slings of this type are only for transitioning to a secondary weapon or briefly performing some other task. It isn't designed as a means to carry your weapon.

WayaX
06-01-2011, 06:31

The Vickers sling is my favorite sling out there. The Magpul MS2 is useful for a weapon that you know you're not going have to keep slung for hours on end. I have both, and I use both. However, I have 3 Vickers and 1 Magpul.

As for mounts, the Magpul ASAP was only so-so. The extra metal piece rattles, and the plate was difficult to stake. I switched it out for an I Kick Hippies SLAP plate. For a front attachment, I use the Magpul RSA and an HK-style clip.

Hedo1
06-01-2011, 06:49
I also prefer the IDF Sling over all others I have used. It's practical, easy to configure and quiet. It is also made to support your AR, all day if need be, in a comfortable manner.

Captains1911
06-01-2011, 06:58
I use a 2-point VCAS sling, rear attached to SOPMOD, front attached to rear QD swivel socket on DD Omega.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/Captains1911/paper%20punchers/BCMMiddy_2.jpg

VaGlock
06-01-2011, 17:58
Thanks everyone, that really gives me the options I was looking for. Your suggestions will help me make up my mind. The rifle showed up today, It is a BCM recce 16, with the full Troy handguard/ rail.
VaGlock

MajorD
06-02-2011, 09:03
the vickers tactical website has a good tutorial on slongs and what is best based on Mr. Vickers real world experience. On an M-4 set up nothing wrong with the standard GI sling hooked to the top loop on a carbine stock and a side sling adaptor of G.I. style