What mounts to Co-Witness? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What mounts to Co-Witness?

06-01-2011, 08:52
I have a Bushmaster heavy barrel carbine model number BCWA3F16 and an Aimpoint Comp M3. I would like to mount the Aimpoint on the upper receiver to absolute cowitness with the front sight post. I was considering using the A.R.M.S.® #22M68™ Throw Lever Ring to mount the Aimpoint. But I believe a spacer is needed to raise the Aimpoint up to the front sight post and was looking at the A.R.M.S.® #38™ STD SWAN® Sleeve which would raise the Aimpoint 1/2 inch. I'm particularly concerned with the height. Does anyone know if these ARMS products will go together to get me that absolute co-witness?

Captains1911
06-01-2011, 09:49
Not sure about the ARMS mounts, but this one provides an absolute co-witness:

http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/4/

WoodenPlank
06-01-2011, 17:30
Not sure about the ARMS mounts, but this one provides an absolute co-witness:

http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/4/

:rofl:

Why spend that much, when you can get a mount from LaRue for less money, and have the best mount on the market?

faawrenchbndr
06-01-2011, 17:47
Larue Tactical LT-150

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=26

Captains1911
06-01-2011, 18:18

Why spend that much, when you can get a mount from LaRue for less money, and have the best mount on the market?

Larue Tactical LT-150

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=26

Because the LT-150 provides a lower 1/3 co-witness, not an absolute which the OP asked about. Otherwise I would have suggested both the LT and Bobro, as they are both quality mounts.

Captains1911
06-01-2011, 18:23

I'm curious as to what you find so funny. The only thing i find funny is your inability to read and your lack of product knowledge, yet quickness to ridicule others. Actually, that's not funny at all, just annoying.

boomhower
06-01-2011, 18:34
ADM (http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/2/) Should be absolute and they make good stuff. If you qualify for LEO or .mil you can get a heck of a discount.

BBJones
06-01-2011, 21:32
ADM (http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/2/) Should be absolute and they make good stuff. If you qualify for LEO or .mil you can get a heck of a discount.

+1 I prefer ADM to LaRue. Hold zero better and I prefer the clamping mechanism.

WoodenPlank
06-01-2011, 21:55
I'm pretty sure LT still offers a standard cowitness Aimpoint mount.

06-01-2011, 22:46
Thanks for the replies fellas. I'll check out ADM but if I end up with the LaRue I think the LT-152 is low enough for the co-witness I'm looking for.

MrMurphy
06-02-2011, 00:00
The LT 152 is not an absolute cowitness mount. Never has been. It was intended for the hump on a RIS II rail system.

LT does not (as of a year ago which is the last time i checked) make a absolute mount for the older M series.

If you're not going LaRue, stick with the basic QRP. It's not sexy but it works.

You're wasting your money with ARMS,they break, often quite randomly for no reason.

ADM isn't bad if you like a clone. Bobro has an internal spring, which if it breaks, disables the mount.

faawrenchbndr
06-02-2011, 04:55
Thanks for the replies fellas. I'll check out ADM but if I end up with the LaRue I think the LT-152 is low enough for the co-witness I'm looking for.

Oops,.........:embarassed:
The mount I have is the Larue LT-152, NOT the LT-150.
On my rifle is DOES perfectly co-witness with my Comp M2 & Troy sights.

Captains1911
06-02-2011, 06:48
I'm pretty sure LT still offers a standard cowitness Aimpoint mount.

You're wrong. The only absolute co-witness mounts LT makes for Aimpoints are for the micros, not the M2 or M3s, unless you have an RIS II rail system.

faawrenchbndr
06-02-2011, 08:08
You're wrong. The only absolute co-witness mounts LT makes for Aimpoints are for the micros, not the M2 or M3s, unless you have an RIS II rail system.

BS!
The LT-152 will absolute co-witness with a CompM2,.......try it, it works!

BBJones
06-02-2011, 09:46
ADM isn't bad if you like a clone.

You've said this before. Why do you classify them as a clone? They hold zero better than LaRue after removing and reinstalling. If they cloned LaRue's design, they did a better job of it than he did.

06-02-2011, 14:36
My head is spinning

WoodenPlank
06-02-2011, 23:35
You've said this before. Why do you classify them as a clone? They hold zero better than LaRue after removing and reinstalling. If they cloned LaRue's design, they did a better job of it than he did.

I think you may be the first person to ***** that a LaRue mount didn't hold zero. Mine has been removed and practically punted, then remounted, and zero was dead on.

faawrenchbndr
06-03-2011, 04:14

I think you may be the first person to ***** that a LaRue mount didn't hold zero. Mine has been removed and practically punted, then remounted, and zero was dead on.

The ADM is not even in the same league as the Larue,........no comparison.
Larue Tactical sets the standard and all I've ever had are TRUE return to zero mounts!

Captains1911
06-03-2011, 07:25

The ADM is not even in the same league as the Larue,........no comparison.
Larue Tactical sets the standard and all I've ever had are TRUE return to zero mounts!

I'm in agreement here, the 2 I have return to zero everytime. A friend of mine has an ADM that he let me borrow once, and although it's a nice mount, I noticed a slight shift in zero when i remounted a scope on my SPR.