Nationals Baseball Stadium,HR218 friendly? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Baseball Stadium,HR218 friendly?

buddah
06-01-2011, 11:30
Going to visit friends in D.C area and will be catching a ballgame at Nationals Stadium. Are they HR218 friendly? Some venues are not. Would like to know in advance so I can leave gun at home. Would rather go armed, I used to live and work in the area and P.G county, MD is S---hole. Not to mention the poor guy who got beat into a coma at L.A Dodger game by a couple of gangbangers in Cali. I tried calling but the operator didn't give me a straight answer.

Ajon412
06-01-2011, 14:09
Have you tried contacting the local PD or their PBA / FOP reps?

nohocop
06-01-2011, 17:15
Let me go out on a limb here. No guns allowed, period, cop or no cop. Just a guess. Almost all pro sports venues ban guns outright.

nohocop
06-01-2011, 17:19
Here is the policy. Scroll down to weapons. Not sure what law enforceent officials licensed to carry means, but lucky you, you get to "register" your gun. Have fun with that!

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ballpark_demo/information/index.jsp?content=guide

Ajon412
06-01-2011, 20:08
Weapons and Firearms
Weapons and firearms of all kinds are prohibited in Nationals Park, with the exception of law enforcement officials licensed to carry weapons. Law enforcement officials must register their weapons or firearms with a Security Staff member at any Nationals Park entry gate. See GUEST CONDUCT POLICY (Prohibited Items).

Sounds like all you have to do is ID yourself / produce LE ID and you should be OK. But I could be wrong.....:dunno:

Riggs83
06-02-2011, 12:35
I know here in NJ at the Prudential Center in Newark they are very off-duty friendly with just ID and signing a book with the PD you are at.

volsbear
06-02-2011, 12:36
Just call security and ask them.

madcitycop
06-02-2011, 13:34
Let me go out on a limb here. No guns allowed, period, cop or no cop. Just a guess. Almost all pro sports venues ban guns outright.

I carry in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field all the time.:cool:

lawman800
06-03-2011, 20:49
One GT'er just carried in Dodger Stadium last week, no problems.

New York Hunter
06-05-2011, 11:24
I thought the whole point of HR218 was so you LEO's could carry anywhere in the USA as long as your chief said it is ok for you to do so, no??? :shakehead:

buddah
06-05-2011, 11:35
Thanks for the replys. I called security, they said "If President Obama or some other dignitary is attending the game then only on duty personnel can be armed". I said great can you tell me if any dignitaries will be at the x/xx/2011 game vs. the -----. They replied we won't know until the day of the game, call back. That was real helpful.:whistling:
HR218 does not permit you to go armed anywhere you please. Ballparks/nightclubs etc. etc. are privately owned venues and they have the right to subject you to search/pat down as well as refuse you to enter if armed. My buddy is a federale and went to meet his wife and kids at the Nassau Coliseum in New York to see Disney on Ice. Security dorks told him to leave his sig in the car. He said "Hell no, how about I leave my magazine and rounds with you and pick them up on the way out". Security geek said "No".

DaBigBR
06-05-2011, 17:32
I thought the whole point of HR218 was so you LEO's could carry anywhere in the USA as long as your chief said it is ok for you to do so, no??? :shakehead:

Yes and no.

It exempts a "qualified law enforcement officer", as defined in the statute, from being prosecuted for carrying a weapon, however it does not supercede laws prohibiting carry in government buildings or laws permitting the owners of private property to prohibit carry on their property.

Hack
06-05-2011, 17:59
Thanks for the replys. I called security, they said "If President Obama or some other dignitary is attending the game then only on duty personnel can be armed". I said great can you tell me if any dignitaries will be at the x/xx/2011 game vs. the -----. They replied we won't know until the day of the game, call back. That was real helpful.:whistling:
HR218 does not permit you to go armed anywhere you please. Ballparks/nightclubs etc. etc. are privately owned venues and they have the right to subject you to search/pat down as well as refuse you to enter if armed. My buddy is a federale and went to meet his wife and kids at the Nassau Coliseum in New York to see Disney on Ice. Security dorks told him to leave his sig in the car. He said "Hell no, how about I leave my magazine and rounds with you and pick them up on the way out". Security geek said "No".

Yet another reason to walk with my cane. Canefu.