Off duty bag? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Off duty bag?

Rabbi
06-01-2011, 23:20
Do you have an "off duty bag" Something you keep in the car or by the door or whatever. (or do you just lug around your "on duty bag")

If so, what do you have in it?

Steve in PA
06-01-2011, 23:34
An off-duty bag? For what purpose? My off-duty gear consists of a handgun, a reload, a set of handcuffs, knife and badge/ID.

collim1
06-01-2011, 23:43
I keep my regular patrol bag in my POV on my off days. Partly because it is very heavy and a pain to haul in and out, and partly so I'd have my stuff nearby if I needed it.

Among all my clipboards, forms, mapbooks, and other boring stuff it also has 6 loaded spare pistol mags, 4 pairs of handcuffs, WT battery, Stinger battery, 3D maglite, 5 boxes of 12g shells, reflective hi-vis traffic vest, and a couple dozen G2 pens.

I share a work car so I have to load and unload quite often. It makes it a ton easier to be able to shove one thing with all of my crap in and be loaded up.

We also have way less vehicles available than needed, so it is not rare to change vehicles several times in one work week.

BTW my bag is a pro-guard plastic seat organizer. You'd be amazed how much crap it can hold, and I find it easier to locate stuff than in a traditional patrol bag.

cowboywannabe
06-01-2011, 23:56
when im off duty, i am off duty. i carry the same stuff a regular non psycho joe would.

Ajon412
06-01-2011, 23:59
when im off duty, i am off duty. i carry the same stuff a regular non psycho joe would.

....and what might that be?? :rofl::rofl:

cowboywannabe
06-02-2011, 00:15
....and what might that be?? :rofl::rofl:

well you can bet your ass im armed, but im not like some others who pack a mini arsenal and survialval gear in their pockets so much that they need man purses for their wallets.

phone, keys, wallet, knife. thats pockets. belt has a gun and a reload or a second gun depending on what im carrying.

Sharky7
06-02-2011, 01:30
I'm too lazy to walk my duty bag all the way up to the locker room, so I just keep my duty bag and bail out bag in my personal car. Much easier to load into the squad every day after roll call. So, I got all kinds of goodies available to me off duty if I need 'em.

BULLRUNN
06-02-2011, 04:03
My duty BAGS are in my trunk if Im in my car. If im in my wifes van its just a spare mag, O/C Spray and a speed cuff.

DaBigBR
06-02-2011, 10:13
My two duty bags are usually in the trunk of my personal car when I'm not working. They're heavy enough and don't have anything that sensitive in them. My car is also garaged 90% of the time, including at work.

glockurai
06-02-2011, 10:53
No off duty bag. Just my gun and a pair of handcuffs (always in my POV).

MeefZah
06-02-2011, 11:10
No bag.

On person: gun, spare mag or mags (depending on what gun I'm carrying), pocket knife, keys, cell, sometimes a small flashlight, wallet with ID only (no badge), sometimes a badge clipped on the belt.

In POV: 2 pairs cuffs in console, 1 spare mag for all handguns I own in console, can of OC in console, Swiss Army knife in console, "Police" placard in map pocket, rechargeable flashlight in the trunk, first aid kit and fire extinguisher in the trunk, traffic vest in the trunk. On longer trips I keep an AR with 2 30 round mags in a case in the trunk.

I actually have begun carrying my off duty gun to and from work in a Glock soft range bag instead of wearing it, I guess that sort of counts as a bag.

Edit, just realized I do sort of carry a bag, I have a Maxpededition Methusula bag which I carry my planner, laptop, spare charging cords for laptop, cell, pair of headphones, misc paperwork, some keys I may need at work but rarely do, some asprin, wet wipes, that sort of thing. I take it to and from work with me. I don;t lug it around off duty.

Hack
06-02-2011, 11:35
I keep all of my stuff in a back pack and wear it into work each day and back to home. I keep all my stuff for work in it, which in my case is some regs to keep handy, food, possibles, what have you.

Pepper45
06-02-2011, 12:38
Bag? Uh, not so much. I carry a firearm (w/one reload), badge/ID, and a pocketknife. If I needed a bag for off duty, I'm getting too close to working 24/7.

Mayhem like Me
06-02-2011, 12:40
Do you have an "off duty bag" Something you keep in the car or by the door or whatever. (or do you just lug around your "on duty bag")

If so, what do you have in it?

you need.........

http://www.worldcap.com/node/24

thee Tactical Satchel...

wow

Cochese
06-02-2011, 14:40
I have a Maxpedition bag with a bunch of baby **** in it. Diapers, wipes, juice, ass cream, rice cookies, an extra one-sie, handcuffs, spare mag, Springfield, Nook Color, Swiss Army Knife, spork, etc.

I took off both of the patches that had **** on them to be slightly more socially acceptable.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-e6mKIlSWQ6Y/S5s0fkfo3_I/AAAAAAAABLg/eF5hU1QqSYc/s912/2010-03-12%25252023.44.14.jpg

cowboywannabe
06-02-2011, 16:27
Bag? Uh, not so much. I carry a firearm (w/one reload), badge/ID, and a pocketknife. If I needed a bag for off duty, I'm getting too close to working 24/7.

Amen, but some guys are obviously paid to be on call when theyre off duty so it makes sence to be loaded down.

nikerret
06-02-2011, 17:02
I keep all of my gear in my take home vehicle. What I carry daily is as little as possible. Usually, a gun, knife, wallet, badge, tuff-cuffs, bandana, cellular device.

Bruce M
06-02-2011, 18:03
I was thinking about something like this http://www.gayrainbowsistersemporium.com/shop/images/bag%20rainbow%20300.jpg

Chico Bill
06-02-2011, 19:28
My commuter car has a bunch of my extra gear in it, though most of my "work" stuff goes in a gear locker at work. I don't really carry a "bag" off duty, though I am thinking more and more about stuffing a raid jacket, cuffs, and some small first aid items into a bag to keep in the family car when off duty, particularly since I'm on call this month for major incidents (earthquakes, big fires, etc). Normally when off duty I have my pistol, spare mag, small pocket knife and sometimes a small flashlight.

Goldstar225
06-02-2011, 19:33
Gun, reload, pocket knife, cell phone, badge wallet, and at night a surefire 6P. I keep a set of cuffs in the truck. No warbag.

Krauty
06-02-2011, 20:37
No off duty "bag" but in my personal car I have rubber gloves, cpr mask, and a knife in the glove box. When riding my cycle I carry gloves and a knife. Came across a nasty accident/fatal while riding my bike once. That was my lesson learned that I need to carry gloves!!

Mark9Fogger
06-02-2011, 20:44
An off-duty bag? For what purpose? My off-duty gear consists of a handgun, a reload, a set of handcuffs, knife and badge/ID.
I agree. Then again there are those that constantly train for active shooter scenarios and see the need for having a "active shooter bag" in their POV that contains first aid/trauma supplies and spare ammo/mags/holster for their off-duty weapon.

MeefZah
06-02-2011, 22:14
I agree. Then again there are those that constantly train for active shooter scenarios and see the need for having a "active shooter bag" in their POV that contains first aid/trauma supplies and spare ammo/mags/holster for their off-duty weapon.

Well, it does seem reasonable to me that everyone, cop or not, have first aid stuff accessible in their car. And you only have to see one person get burned to death in an entrapment following a wreck to decide that an extinguisher is handy.

And as far as spare ammo, again, if you carry off duty (as most of us do), you should carry a spare mag. Not so much from the standpoint of needing the ammo, although you might; but more to help mitigate a mag or ammo related weapons failure.

CAcop
06-02-2011, 22:35
Off duty bag? I do not have one and will probably never carry one.

On duty bag? Sure, but there is nothing unusual in it. A few of our guys are using backpacks they picked up at sporting goods stores for their patrol bags. They tend to go minimalist with what they put in it. One basically uses a legal pad to take notes and shoves a bunch of the most used forms into it instead of a posse box. I am seriously tempted to go that route.