This Saturday Will Be Interesting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday Will Be Interesting

Hack
06-02-2011, 08:13
Looky here at what we get to deal with. I'm hoping that Leavenworth's finest, and other helping agencies are geared up and ready to rumble. Yee haw!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/01/bradley-manning-supporters-fort-leavenworth_n_870036.html

nikerret
06-02-2011, 08:57
The KHP Troopers I have been talking to sound very well prepared. If they are, nothing significant will happen. if they can't get (or keep) it all together, it'll be one hell of a show.

wprebeck
06-02-2011, 09:23
Looky here at what we get to deal with. I'm hoping that Leavenworth's finest, and other helping agencies are geared up and ready to rumble. Yee haw!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/01/bradley-manning-supporters-fort-leavenworth_n_870036.html

Not to wish you any trouble, but is it wrong of me to hope they try and breach security?

And should they do so, please give them my regards in whatever way you deem appropriate?

BTW, doyou know an officer there by thename of Blake? PM if you do.

OXCOPS
06-02-2011, 09:28
Tear gas canisters fired from a launcher make such pretty smoke patterns as they sail through the air towards their intended targets. Just saying.

Patchman
06-02-2011, 09:33
Are water cannons still used to man the walls? Can you pour concentrated mace (or the new fangled equivalent) into the water cannons? Just enough for a little flavoring.

Hack
06-02-2011, 10:34
@wprebeck: PM agency. We have quite a few whom I don't know well at work, so it gets kind of interesting sometimes when I work Control and don't know the person trying to come out of their.:supergrin: Oh, I hope to be at home during the events.

@Patchman: No water cannons. Local LE will have the situation monitored and contained, I am sure; plus given the location the DOD police and US Army MPs will be there on their side. They won't break through their perimeter unless they want a good thrashing.:)

@OXCOPS: I prefer pepper, but ... being close to the action our family is staying put.

@nikerret: very good to hear.

JohnnyReb
06-02-2011, 11:14
Look, more code pink!

volsbear
06-02-2011, 11:24
Tear gas canisters fired from a launcher make such pretty smoke patterns as they sail through the air towards their intended targets. Just saying.

Oh, hey look at the pretty sm......... OH DEAR GOD I CAN'T BREATH!!! :shocked:

Hack
06-02-2011, 11:28
Oh, hey look at the pretty sm......... OH DEAR GOD I CAN'T BREATH!!! :shocked:

Given our proximity to this, I would like to breath, as well as my family. Then there is the rest of the residents nearby. Well, this is going to get interesting. Now, I know why I need a big RV.

articulate
06-02-2011, 12:46
I swear the woman on the far left side of that photo is the exact same woman from the Jefferson Memorial video. And the guy to the right of her is the same guy that she was dancing with when they got arrested. Man, they sure do get around.

A6Gator
06-02-2011, 13:43
I swear the woman on the far left side of that photo is the exact same woman from the Jefferson Memorial video. And the guy to the right of her is the same guy that she was dancing with when they got arrested. Man, they sure do get around.

The usual leftist suspects. If their big Bradley Manning supporters, they don't have the common sense the Good Lord gave a house plant.

Hack
06-03-2011, 08:50
I think they are poking around a little today. I had one set around close, from the appearance of things, but it could have been a regular tourist.

Where's my riot control squad at? I need less lethal and designated marksmen, ASAP. :whistling:

Patchman
06-03-2011, 17:53
I had one set around close, from the appearance of things, but it could have been a regular tourist.

Leavenworth gets tourists? Really Hack! :supergrin:

Are you mistaking them for people who turned off at the wrong freeway exit and are just looking for directions?

Morris
06-03-2011, 18:56
Lots of noise and I will venture less than 250, if that many, show up.

Hack
06-04-2011, 09:37

Are you mistaking them for people who turned off at the wrong freeway exit and are just looking for directions?

We have so many tourists stop by we could actually contribute to eliminating the national debt, if were allowed to charge for viewing from the sidewalk.

Hack
06-05-2011, 08:42
Lots of noise and I will venture less than 250, if that many, show up.
According to the news you may have been spot on.

PawDog
06-05-2011, 14:22

:rofl: I was at USP Atlanta, '91-'92, and I recall an incident when an elderly lady and her daughter, obviously lost, pulled in up front on "the circle" and asked, "Is this the Martin Luther King memorial?" :supergrin:

Hack
06-05-2011, 17:24
:rofl: I was at USP Atlanta, '91-'92, and I recall an incident when an elderly lady and her daughter, obviously lost, pulled in up front on "the circle" and asked, "Is this the Martin Luther King memorial?" :supergrin:

That's funny.:supergrin: We used get the whole combination. People wanting to take tours at an active prison, thinking it was something like Alcatraz to some people just wanting to bicycle all over just outside of the secure perimeter thinking that they had a right to do so. The funnier ones were those dressing up in costume and getting their picture taken by the sign at the front entrance to the drives, and the occasional show being put on by people at the front entrance on the side walk. The funniest one was this guy being driven up in a limo, being a capo, (real Italian type), and trying to get in to see his son who was not there. He pressed the issue until I told him to phone in. He phoned in from the intercom for visitors and would not leave until he was told, "He's not here." I about had the US Marshals called for that one, although they would have taken a while to show up.:rofl: