G21 +2 Pearce Extension [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G21 +2 Pearce Extension

SCSU74
06-02-2011, 18:54
Does anybody know if these work with standard 13 rd magazine spring, or is a different spring required?

AK74play
06-02-2011, 18:58
Does anybody know if these work with standard 13 rd magazine spring, or is a different spring required?

Standard spring. I got 6 of them in use and they work great.

Tim151515
06-02-2011, 20:29
wait...you can use a plus 2 on a g21?? I thought these were only for the smaller glock. Are they reliable? Im drooling at the thought of 15+1 45 acp..

GRT45
06-02-2011, 22:05
wait...you can use a plus 2 on a g21?? I thought these were only for the smaller glock. Are they reliable? Im drooling at the thought of 15+1 45 acp..

The Glock OEM +2 mag extension (7151) doesn't fit 45ACP or 10mm mags. You have to go third-party for the G21 13-rd mag. The OP is asking about the Pearce +2 for 45ACP/10mm (PG-G45P2 (http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-G45P2))

SCSU74
06-03-2011, 09:00
Good to hear, will be using one on first mag for duty and was just looking for some feedback. Will still be going to the range to run a few hundred rounds through one first :)

Captain Caveman
06-03-2011, 10:15
Since we're on this subject. Is there a +2 or +3 for the G30 9rnd mag. Sure would love a 12+1 G30.

Nutt51
06-03-2011, 12:51
My 21sf is heavy enough with 13. If I can't get the job done with
that many, then I need my 870 and to say a little prayer.

SCSU74
06-03-2011, 12:51
for my g30 i use a 21 mag w/ +2 extension and A & G spacer. 15+1 :)

GRT45
06-03-2011, 13:16
Since we're on this subject. Is there a +2 or +3 for the G30 9rnd mag. Sure would love a 12+1 G30.

I refer you to my GT post at the link below where I give different combinations of mags and extenders for the G30 that can be configured to hold 9, std. 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 27, or 30 rounds of 45ACP in a single magazine. There are photos in the post that illustrate some of the mag configs, including a photo of a Pearce +2 on a 9-rd mag (Photo #3).

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16588610&postcount=3

While the Pearce +2 (PG-G45P2) will fit and function on a G30 9-rd mag, it will be very difficult to get 11 rounds loaded in it. I had to do serious mag prep (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16541382&postcount=8) over a period of time to make it function reliably. Personally, I wouldn't carry a CCW equipped in this config.

In my research and experiments, I haven't found an extension that will fit and work reliably on the G30 10-rd mag. The Pearce +2 fit on the 10-rd mag, but when loaded to 12-rd capacity it had disastrous results (at least in my test). When fully loaded with 12 rounds, the follower "tipped over" at the bottom of the mag and wedged against the mag wall and wouldn't budge. The mag was rendered inoperable. It had to be disassembled to return it to operation.

GRT45
06-03-2011, 13:41
Good to hear, will be using one on first mag for duty and was just looking for some feedback. Will still be going to the range to run a few hundred rounds through one first :)

As AK74play explained in Post #2, you should be good to go with the OEM spring and the Pearce +2 on a G21 13-rd mag. However, if you have any problem after trying the OEM spring, you have an option to install an extra power mag spring manufactured by Wolff Gunsprings (http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=5#148) (SKU 75371), which is +5% in that mag and should be perfect for a +2 extension.

SCSU74
06-03-2011, 14:10
awesome thank you!

Arc Angel
06-03-2011, 16:19

:shocked: OK, that's it. I wasn't going to answer; but, now, I will. Do NOT do this. I've used quite a few of them; and, if you ever bump or drop a magazine, you can, 'speed dump' the entire cartridge load. Instead I'd encourage you to do what I do, and install an absolutely foolproof Arredondo extension on your spare magazine.

Between the standard magazine in my pistol, and the Arredondo on my belt I've got 30 rounds of 45 ACP ammo instantly available. You DO need to use a special Wolff gun spring with an Arredondo magazine extension; but, the extra four rounds it gives you are well worth it.

Neither Pearce (Whose products I generally like.) nor Scherer mag extensions should be carried or used for, 'serious business'.

http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/category.cfm?cid=1001,2015&PID=fc25l4900kouep&GID=gpad

GRT45
06-03-2011, 17:00
:shocked: OK, that's it. I wasn't going to answer; but, now, I will. Do NOT do this. I've used quite a few of them; and, if you ever bump or drop a magazine, you can, 'speed dump' the entire cartridge load. Instead I'd encourage you to do what I do, and install an absolutely foolproof Arredondo extension on your spare magazine.

Arc, I'll join you in singing the praises of the Arredondo +4 mag extension on a G21 45ACP mag. In drop tests of my mags, fully loaded with dummy rounds, the Arredondo stayed put every time. For comparison, the Korean-made mag in my test busted apart on the first drop. Live-fire function with the Arredondo has always been completely reliable too. It was so rugged and reliable, it convinced me to put them on every spare 13-rd mag (now 17-rd) we store with our G30SF pistols for HD.

I got a little queasy too when SCSU74 mentioned "mag for duty". The Pearce +2 extension does well in my drop test, but the design of the Arredondo is just better IMHO because it grabs on all four sides of the mag at the base instead of just three.

For reference by the OP, fully assembled on a G21 mag, the mag with Arredondo +4 is 1/2" longer than the mag with Pearce +2. The unloaded mag with Arredondo +4 is 6" long from base to forward tip of 1304 follower and the mag with Pearce +2 is 5.5" long.

DFin
06-04-2011, 06:43
Why are the Pearce +2 extensions so prone to popping off? They should make them with an insert like the Glock + extensions.

I like what I have read about the reliability of the Arredondo extensions but the price is more than the cost of a new Glock mag.

AK74play
06-04-2011, 11:01
Why are the Pearce +2 extensions so prone to popping off? They should make them with an insert like the Glock + extensions.

I like what I have read about the reliability of the Arredondo extensions but the price is more than the cost of a new Glock mag.

:dunno:I have 6 of them in use and never had one come off even if dropped Loaded or Un-loaded. I trust them the same as the factory + extensions for my 9's, 40's and 357's. I got 8 more 13 rounders here that need them so if you have any pop off, send them to me and I'll get rid of them for ya. I'll pay the shipping of course....:cool:

GRT45
06-04-2011, 11:33
:dunno:I have 6 of them in use and never had one come off even if dropped Loaded or Un-loaded. I trust them the same as the factory + extensions for my 9's, 40's and 357's. I got 8 more 13 rounders here that need them so if you have any pop off, send them to me and I'll get rid of them for ya. I'll pay the shipping of course....:cool:

The Pearce +2 extensions (PG-G45P2) on G21 OEM mags fare well in my mag drop tests loaded to capacity with dummy rounds.

A Pearce +2 on a S. Korean-made 45ACP Victory mag yields very different (poor) results, through no fault of the Pearce extension. The height of the lip at the base of the Victory mag body, the lip used to hold the floorplate to the mag body, is substantially less (shorter) compared to a Glock OEM mag. The steel liner in the Victory mag is thinner and the mag body flexes more under stress than the Glock OEM liner. The Pearce +2 (and other brand extensions with mag inserts) bust off the Victory mag body on the first test drop.

elde
06-04-2011, 15:07

Between the standard magazine in my pistol, and the Arredondo on my belt I've got 30 rounds of 45 ACP ammo instantly available. You DO need to use a special Wolff gun spring with an Arredondo magazine extension; but, the extra four rounds it gives you are well worth it.

Neither Pearce (Whose products I generally like.) nor Scherer mag extensions should be carried or used for, 'serious business'.

http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/category.cfm?cid=1001,2015&PID=fc25l4900kouep&GID=gpad

Arc is absolutely correct in my experience. Disregard his advice in this instance at your own peril. It's not worth saving a few bucks.

Z71bill
04-27-2012, 14:29
I did a Google search a few days ago trying to figure out the BEST way to add a few rounds to a G21.

This is my new HD pistol - so reliability & quality are important.

Considered Scherer or Pearce +2 - even looked at a KCI mag body and replacing the follower/spring/base plate/insert.

I should not have been surprised when this old GT thread popped up on my search -

I have never heard of Arredondo - but after looking at them online and reading the comments from GT members - I ordered 2 of them + a few spare mags from Midway.

I just got them today -installed easy - they are top notch quality -

IMHO worth every penny of the $34 they cost - wish I would have gone ahead and ordered a few more.

:wavey:

ChancePlayer69
01-03-2013, 21:46
What closed mag pouches will fit these modified glock 21 mags for duty use?

SCSU74
01-03-2013, 23:28
What closed mag pouches will fit these modified glock 21 mags for duty use?

none, i used a safariland triple open top. all my back up mags had the arredondos