Glock Factory Barrel Finish Options [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Factory Barrel Finish Options

ShaneS
06-02-2011, 23:06
I would like to refinish a Glock factory barrel to a stainless silver/grey type finish. I don't want anything highly polished or exotic. I don't want to take a chance of damaging the barrel or changing tolerances. Just a silver finish that is durable.

What are my options?

CCV
06-04-2011, 18:39
I'm not suggesting you shouldn't do it nor that it can't be done, but I am curious as to why you want to do this?

ShaneS
06-09-2011, 11:58
I like the contrast of a satin stainless looking barrel against the black slide and frame of a pistol. Looks only.

CCV
06-09-2011, 12:27
That's a good reason.

I'd take some Flitz polish and remove the factory finish. A light coat of oil should keep rust at bay.

maxmanta
06-09-2011, 12:36
Robar's NP3 is an excellent finish and is the exact color you're looking for. It's expensive, though, and has a long waiting time.

TheBlazer
06-09-2011, 12:45
I would send it to CCR and have them Cera-Plate the barrel. They do great work. I sent them my G19 in February and had my slide refinished. It looks great.

cciman
06-09-2011, 13:21
For a polished chrome type finish, some have just rubbed off the factory black surface finish and used metal polish to a bright shiny surface.

I have a OD G19 which the PO polished up the barrel to a shiny stainless look.

If you are looking for a satin, or matte grey look just start rubbing off the black surface finish to the point where you like it, but don't fine polish it. You are going to strip it anyways, just start rubbing and see where it goes.

Others have done this (look for the threads, or ask on general glocking)-- probably started with fine steelwool, or rubbing compound.

CCV
06-09-2011, 14:44
For a polished chrome type finish, some have just rubbed off the factory black surface finish and used metal polish to a bright shiny surface.

I have a OD G19 which the PO polished up the barrel to a shiny stainless look.

If you are looking for a satin, or matte grey look just start rubbing off the black surface finish to the point where you like it, but don't fine polish it. You are going to strip it anyways, just start rubbing and see where it goes.

Others have done this (look for the threads, or ask on general glocking)-- probably started with fine steelwool, or rubbing compound.

Steel wool should work fine, too.

ImpeachObama
06-12-2011, 18:18
Or you could throw in a Lone Wolf barrel.

Duck of Death
06-13-2011, 17:30
Or KKM, and if it's a 40 you don't wind up w/fat brass.

kashdaddy
06-21-2011, 22:53
+1 on the kkm. check out glockmeister.com for kkm. been running one since last year with no prob.