Interesting experience with Glock Customer Service on Gen4 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting experience with Glock Customer Service on Gen4

GaryC
06-03-2011, 08:36
Hi JR,

I wanted to share this and get your opinion on it.

Reading (on this forum and others) I think my G19 Gen4 needs an 0 4 1 recoil spring adapter and my G17 Gen4 (no recess in the slide for the spring assembly) needs an 0 2 1.

The Glock Parts Order Form (v 30) lists 8703 (marked 04) for the G19 and SP 0284 (marked 02) for the G17.

When I sent in the order form (at the recommendation of the CSR I spoke to when I mentioned to her that I wanted the -1 assemblies), I specified the 0 2 1 and 0 4 1 assemblies.

I got a call from Glock today and was told that (1) they did not have the parts and were waiting to get them from Austria (fair enough), (2) that a tech told the CSR that the replacement parts marked 0 2 1 & 0 4 1 were not the current parts and (3) that the current parts would be sent to me when they came in.

Since I provided the model #s and serial #s of my pistols on the order form. Maybe I should feel more comfortable about this than I do and rely on Glock to send me the correct parts for my G17 & G19, but I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about this order.

Should I just leave it alone and see what comes in or should I call back and talk to a tech about it?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

JR
07-04-2011, 17:46
There have been MAJOR changes to the Gen4 recoil spring line up. Give GI a little latitude to work it out. I am sure they will be forthright and accommodateing as soon as possible.

GaryC
07-09-2011, 21:17
OK and thanks.

JR
07-16-2011, 15:31
New Gen4 guide rods are available now