Most Tactical AR15 EVER! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Most Tactical AR15 EVER!

Jordan3206
06-05-2011, 10:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q362H-xg0ZA&feature=channel_video_title

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JBnTX
06-05-2011, 10:22
I hope that's meant as a joke, but it sure as hell ain't funny
cause too many "SEAL Team Six wannabes" will think it's real.

This tact-i-kool crap has gone too far.

I've noticed it's mostly younger guys who have no concept of reality
when it comes to defensive weaponry.

I'm tired as hell of seeing these idiots at the firing range all dressed up as
some type of "operator" with sun glasses, cargo pants and some stupid
ass vest with 10,000 pockets on it.

They shoot all hunched over their weapon to show that they've had some
type of "special combat experience" training.

I'm sick of all this zombie fantasy, BUG out bag and SHTF madness that has
infected the firearms world.

Take all that damn garbage off your rifle and grow the **** up!
Using firearms is a serious business, not some type of fantasy world for
you to indulge in.

STI
06-05-2011, 10:39
Thank you for that post, its the best here!!PERIOD-- I feel exactly as you do. When we had our business we called AR15's Christmas tree guns for all the crap that we could sell to hang on them, we always looked at the gun magazine covers to see what we need to stock, if it was there and 'cool' looking some want a be wanted it. Yes we did profile customers and really suggest the stuff if they fit the mold. I never post a pic of my RR as its boring, wrong brand, and dont malfunction plus very accurate. I just found out my mage are not taticool also, they are Colt and Adventureline 20 rounders, but thet are sure better not to get hung up on things like the 30's do in the heavy brush here, plus much better on pickup mirrors.

glock031
06-05-2011, 11:22

:rofl: Don't forget their tattoos must also show.:rofl:

JBnTX
06-05-2011, 11:40
I'm not sure if that video was meant as a joke or not?
But this crap just sets me off.

I hope it was made to show the tact-i-kool crowd just
how stupid they look and that the entire firearms world
is laughing at them.

That definately needs to be posted over at http://www.ar15.com
and most definately at http://www.m4carbine.net

They need to see just how foolish they look with all that useless crap
hanging off a perfectly good rifle.

I own 5 AR-15 rifles. All are stock just as they came out of the box, except
I put an ACOG on one of the 6920's.

I can do anything that needs to be done with any one of those rifles.

Foxtrotx1
06-05-2011, 11:47
Yes it's a joke. Did you see the part about tactical treats?

JBnTX
06-05-2011, 11:50
Yes it's a joke. Did you see the part about tactical treats?

Are you sure? It wouldn't surprise me one bit...:rofl:

That's just how far this nonsense has gone!

Foxtrotx1
06-05-2011, 11:51
Are you sure? It wouldn't surprise me one bit...:rofl:

That's just how far this nonsense has gone!

The outtakes are pretty funny too

RyanNREMTP
06-05-2011, 12:08
Keep it simple stupid.

On mine I have a flashlight, a VFG, back up sights and right now a cheap red dot since I have my regular BUIS being replaced. That's more than enough for any AR.

brausso
06-05-2011, 12:15
Holy smokes people, if you can't figure out the satire in this video you're in trouble.

I thought it was hilarious. I about fell over laughing at the tactical treats :rofl:

Jordan3206
06-05-2011, 12:22
Deleted

themighty9mm
06-05-2011, 13:11
LMAO tactical treats. Is that like tactical bacon? That was pretty good.

To those who are getting heated about it. If you really think this guy was serious in anyway, you are kidding yourself. Yes the tacticool stuff goes way to far. So enjoy it and the the humor in it. Like on that vid. Look at it this way. While there are infact some nitwits who really will beleive that stuff. If they ever have to use their rifle. Just means more ammo for the rest of us, as they will no longer need it And maybe even some tactical treats

racer88
06-05-2011, 13:11
This was an OBVIOUS joke. He intentionally mispronounces the brand names of almost every accessory.... "Leopard scope." On the 8-year finance plan to pay off the "Leopard scope."

"E-I-E-I-O-tech."

"Sure-free light with a 'lead' (LED sounded out like the metal lead)."

And so on. Tactical treats and Rolos.

Was actually pretty funny. He was having a hard time keeping a straight face - see the out-takes.

ancient_serpent
06-05-2011, 13:16
You guys should see some of the dressed up AKs the Iraqi Army uses. Saw one a while back, had a bipod, a huge scope, two tac lights, a laser and a collapsible stock.
My AR's at home are set up the way I used them at work: Surefire on the side w/ Vtac mount, red dot or ACOG, VFG or AFG. Simple and it works.

rkwrichard
06-05-2011, 14:20
As Brother Larry would say. "That's funny I don't care who you are.."

06-05-2011, 14:28
I personally do not care what folks do with their firearms, as long as they observe and follow basic safety rules. If you don't like it, tough s***.

6StringGeek
06-05-2011, 14:36
Holy smokes people, if you can't figure out the satire in this video you're in trouble.

I thought it was hilarious. I about fell over laughing at the tactical treats :rofl:

^^^ This. This. This. ^^^

cowboy1964
06-05-2011, 15:19
Thank you for that post, its the best here!!PERIOD-- I feel exactly as you do. When we had our business we called AR15's Christmas tree guns for all the crap that we could sell to hang on them, we always looked at the gun magazine covers to see what we need to stock

You agree with being anti-tacticool but that didn't stop you from trying to make a buck off selling tacticool, eh?

cowboy1964
06-05-2011, 15:20
I personally do not care what folks do with their firearms, as long as they observe and follow basic safety rules. If you don't like it, tough s***.

^^^^ yes. It's still a free country.

BC Dan
06-05-2011, 15:26
Well done! Satire at it's best. That video truly made me laugh out loud!

Two_Clicks
06-05-2011, 15:53
Thats funny!

KCHORNS
06-05-2011, 16:41

No crap.

Randy from Kansas
06-05-2011, 18:06
Looks normal

MadMonkey
06-05-2011, 18:24

you to indulge in.

That darn freedom sucks, doesn't it? How dare they do something you don't agree with!

I own 5 AR-15 rifles. All are stock just as they came out of the box, except
I put an ACOG on one of the 6920's.

...and you do realize that there are people laughing at YOU for spending money on an ACOG, and owning "useless" assault rifles because a deer rifle and over-under shotgun are all you need?

After reading your posts, I'm not convinced that the "mall ninjas" are the ones that need to grow up :whistling:

nipperwolf
06-05-2011, 18:51
I'm not sure if that video was meant as a joke or not?

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Then stay away from; www.theonion.com

Ferdinandd
06-05-2011, 19:25
That had me going for minute. That was very funny. Sadly some won't realize that it's satire. Oh well.

06-05-2011, 19:35
That had me going for minute. That was very funny. Sadly some won't realize that it's satire. Oh well.
Of course, it is. But some folks just have to go off on everyone whom they don't agree with.

Arc Angel
06-05-2011, 20:13
Personally, I liked the added touch of duct taping the magazines together! Did anyone else notice the dude pronounced each brand name of every single component wrong? I actually feel sorry for whoever has to maintain that thing. I'm not convinced this video is strictly satire. (Sure glad he's not a neighbor, though!) :rollingeyes:

surf
06-05-2011, 20:31
While the humor might be lost on some, or some may not find it to be humorous, it is none the less obvious satire and just poking fun at those types who attach all kinds of **** on their weapons and can't shoot for a lick.

mjkeat
06-05-2011, 20:45
After seeing the Surefire muzzle device and DD rail I was able to breath again.

Where do I sign up for the 8 year plan? :)

lawman800
06-06-2011, 03:24
The still shot of him holding the rifle against the wall using the side mounted bipod is where I completely lost it. Too funny.

I have no problem with people playing dress up operator all they want. It's their time and money. Why do I care how they want to do it?

FL Airedale
06-06-2011, 04:04
If I can find a IWB holster for it, that AR will be my new concealed carry weapon.

TSAX
06-06-2011, 04:33
He said "tactical treats", Rolo's and Tootsie Pops :animlol::rofl::animlol:

:50cal:

M&P15T
06-06-2011, 07:44

you to indulge in.

I mean, if you're going to have an internet melt-down, DO IT RIGHT! Don't go half way, go big or stay home!:rofl:

mjkeat
06-06-2011, 08:22

you to indulge in.

The phrase "tact-i-kool" has gone too far. That **** is old and worn out.

Ive noticed mostly "younger guys" coming back from war w/ battle proven techniques wanting to maintain/improve their skill set. Their "reality" is improve or die.

Do you not wear eye protection? Most of us usually hit the range during the day when the sun is out. For me a nice pair of shaded safety glasses is great. In fact I was issued some when I deployed in addition to some shaded goggles. It must be a conspiracy by good'ol Uncle Sam to create legions of "Seal Team Six wannabes" w/ some type of "special combat experience" training.

How do you retain your magazines? Set them on your bench? That doesn't work to well when there's no bench in sight.

Now I don't know how infectious zombie fantasies are but I hear zombies are quite the infectious bunch. This madness you speak of has been good for the firearms community and for preparedness in general. Look at how many more people there are on the ranges and buying firearms. Don't you think these people are nice to have on our side when elections come around. Each vote counts, correct?

What items do you currently have on your ARs?

Don't assume these "younger guys" are just simply that. And please stop trying to scare off firearms friendly voters. Not everyone is the firearm sports connoisseur you are.

Relax, we all have a very similar interest in an area that is under attack.

Panzergrenadier1979
06-06-2011, 08:42
Personally, I liked the added touch of duct taping the magazines together!

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed.....why pay all the coin for the nifty doo-dads but then fail to get an uber-cool, tactical mag-coupler? Maybe it was a nod towards Old-School Tacti-coolness? :cool:

The only thing that would have made this better would be if the guy had weighed 600 lbs and was wearing tiger-stripped BDUs. :supergrin:

JASV.17
06-06-2011, 08:55
He said "tactical treats", Rolo's and Tootsie Pops :animlol::rofl::animlol:

:50cal:

Don't forget the "meat-snacks".:rofl:

Panzergrenadier1979
06-06-2011, 09:07

you to indulge in.

I think I know of the type of shooter that you are talking about, but isn't that THEIR decision?

I'm not an "operator" by any stretch of the imagination.

However:

I wear my sunglasses at the range; they are the same ones I wear on-duty and I'll likely be wearing them when I draw my weapon while working day-shift.

I wear either a pair of khaki BDU pants or a pair of my department issued gray BDU pants (along with whatever T-shirt is clean) to the range. I'd rather get gun grease on my BDUs then on my jeans (wife gets MAD!) and since I practice shooting from the kneeling position, the dirt/grass stains stay off my jeans (again, the whole angry wife thing....). Plus, the cargo pockets come in handy for mags, cell phone, sunflower seeds, walmart shopping list for the wife ...etc.

I wear a pair of department issued duty boots to the range since I don't like to get my regular shoes dirty.

We don't qualify while wearing our ballistic vests; I have been toying with the idea of going to the range and taking my vest with me and doing a few shooting drills while wearing it.

This might rock the boat a bit.....

Perhaps I should just change all of my range practices to keep the peace?

Basically, I detest going to a "range", public or private. I detest the angry, bitter, and judgmental men who glare at anyone who doesn't look just like them or use their exact equipment. The last couple of times that I've gone to an actual range I have left angry because of the comments/glares/put-downs from the stereotypical "bitter old man" who just can't mind his own business. I much prefer shooting on private property with friends.

As long as someone is being safe and courteous to the rest of the shooters, then let them be. Don't be "that guy".

lawman800
06-06-2011, 09:12
If I can find a IWB holster for it, that AR will be my new concealed carry weapon.

No way, a rifle that cool needs to be open carried to deter all crime within a 3 mile radius!!!

JBnTX
06-06-2011, 09:47
Looks like I hit a raw nerve with some of the "operators" on this forum.

What makes that video so funny is that it is so close to the truth,
and that makes my remarks relevant.

My remarks were about the very same thing the video makes fun of,
not about the video.

I don't know enough about those gadgets to know that he was mispronouncing
their names and, based on what I've seen so far, I thought the tactical treats was serious.

After all, that seems to be the direction this tact-i-kool movement is headed.

Two bipods? Hell, I thought that was just the next step in the nonsense.

Half way through it I realized it was a joke.

I'm just glad people are finally seeing and making fun of the insanity.

Kegs
06-06-2011, 09:49
HILARIOUS!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lawman800
06-06-2011, 10:49
Like Panzer, I try to avoid public ranges for the same reasons. I buy cheap BDU or cargo pants specifically to use at the range so I don't tear up my Abercrombie jeans. We qualify on our "off" days (counts as a workday and we go in civvies) so we have to fit our duty belt over whatever pants we wear. The cargo pockets let me carry my cigs, phones, tootsie rolls, toilet paper, and 145 piece gun cleaning kit. Our training facility is mostly outdoors and it gets dusty and even muddy so I need disposable wear.

When I go shoot on my own, I take it as a training opportunity. You might go casual to relax. I maximize my time to get more time in my work gear. As I don't go out much, I figure I would get into a situation at work more than off duty so I focus on work gear.

I've also faced complaints from old men at public ranges who can't mind their own business. They don't know my background. They don't know that I have 30+ years of shooting experience. I know my guns, I know my gear. It's my business as long as I am safe.

RMTactical
06-06-2011, 14:05
I dont think most of the people in the comments section realize this was satire... :dunno:

MadMonkey
06-06-2011, 14:52
Looks like I hit a raw nerve with some of the "operators" on this forum.

Oh... so you're trolling. I thought you really were that misguided and angry about what another person does with their life and equipment. Carry on then :rofl:

mjkeat
06-06-2011, 16:19
I think the common denominator hear is old grumpy men set in their ways.

racer88
06-06-2011, 16:52
I dont think most of the people in the comments section realize this was satire... :dunno:

Besides acknowledging that it's an obvious satire, I'd point out that making a video like that is actually a fair bit of work. My only criticism is that he should have dressed for the occasion (tactical clothing rather than appear he had just gotten out of bed).

lawman800
06-06-2011, 17:16
Maybe that was his tactical outfit because he got tired of old men giving him grief so he is dressing like those same old men.

Johnspark
06-06-2011, 17:34
I just want to know if it's OK with everyone if I add "dark earth" Magpul parts on my new M4.

Just quote this message and I'll keep track of the replies. We'll cut the voting off at 10 and I'll go with the side I agree with.

Wish me luck.

RocPO
06-06-2011, 17:50
I just want to know if it's OK with everyone if I add "dark earth" Magpul parts on my new M4.

Just quote this message and I'll keep track of the replies. We'll cut the voting off at 10 and I'll go with the side I agree with.

Wish me luck.

Yes.

I put foliage green on my BCM... just because I felt like it

Ruggles
06-06-2011, 18:55

Wish me luck.

I did, Hell even my rear sight is dark earth colored :rofl: I did not want to lose my rifle with all of the other black ARs :tongueout:

rkwrichard
06-06-2011, 19:02
Go for it John

lawman800
06-06-2011, 19:34
I vote a combo of FDE, foliage, olive, and black. You need to account for all the terrain you might encounter in the suburbs.

mjkeat
06-06-2011, 19:42

Wish me luck.

Isnt that the way it usually is :)

Darkangel1846
06-06-2011, 19:43
I thought it was quite funny....especially the remark about ..."Dad said you can never have too many bipods"...just cracked me up!

Protectthehome
06-06-2011, 20:50

+1 freaking awesome....im gonna watch that again might even go get me a leopard

lawman800
06-06-2011, 20:57
+1 freaking awesome....im gonna watch that again might even go get me a leopard

I'm not sure my bank will sign off on the loan for my 8 year financing plan for a leopard scope!

Chuck TX
06-07-2011, 12:56
Hilarious. :rofl:

Though not as funny as those who don't recognize satire.

Gunnut 45/454
06-07-2011, 22:27
JBnTX
I'd post it on M4 carbine .net but I just got off the suspended list for calling them out on there "Must have Mil Spec" crap! But your dead on. None of my AR's are decked out in all that Tacticool crap! Plain Jane AR's that will kill just as good as there $2500 plus AR's!!:supergrin:

mjkeat
06-07-2011, 23:29
JBnTX
I'd post it on M4 carbine .net but I just got off the suspended list for call them out on there Must have "Mil Spec" crap! But you dead on. None of my AR are decked out in all that Tacticool crap! Plain Jane AR's that will kill just as good as there $2500 AR's!!:supergrin:

I agree as well. Red dot sights, in spec chambers/receivers, properly staked gas keys, and other such things are simply overrated crap.

Those guys that say red dot sights are quicker on target are idiots. Lights on an AR, are you serious? Dumb.

I'm with you man. Plain Jane all the way. Dang, I don't even have iron sights on my AR. Who needs'em? Just more Tacticool crap to get in the way. It all kills the same, right?

06-07-2011, 23:33
I agree as well. Red dot sights, in spec chambers/receivers, properly staked gas keys, and other such things are simply overrated crap.

Those guys that say red dot sights are quicker on target are idiots. Lights on an AR, are you serious? Dumb.

I'm with you man. Plain Jane all the way. Dang, I don't even have iron sights on my AR. Who needs'em? Just more Tacticool crap to get in the way. It all kills the same, right?
Good one, mj.:rofl:
Hey, who needs those damn plastic handguards, btw. And that damn flash hider.:supergrin:

lawman800
06-08-2011, 00:02
I don't even have a barrel on my AR because the bullet flies out all the same! It makes it easier to maneuver too! Just point in the general direction and pray!

MadMonkey
06-08-2011, 00:20
I don't even have a barrel on my AR because the bullet flies out all the same! It makes it easier to maneuver too! Just point in the general direction and pray!

Wouldn't that be an SBR?? Why do you need a Class 3 machine gun? :rofl:

lawman800
06-08-2011, 00:24
Wouldn't that be an SBR?? Why do you need a Class 3 machine gun? :rofl:

It's not a SBR. It's a NBR (no barrel rifle). Heck, it might even be a rifle at all since it doesn't have a barrel with any rifling so it might be a shotgun? But it's not a smoothbore either, it's a no bore.

This might just be a new AOW!!!

johnson8861
06-08-2011, 01:22
Are there currently any laws regarding NBR's, I have been considering converting my ar to NBR. Also have you seen the Chuck Norris Glock 20 NBP? Last time one was fired there were dinosaurs around.

lawman800
06-08-2011, 02:05
Are there currently any laws regarding NBR's, I have been considering converting my ar to NBR. Also have you seen the Chuck Norris Glock 20 NBP? Last time one was fired there were dinosaurs around.

I heard there was talk about legislating against NBR, NBS, and NBP as well as NBMG. However, the sheer awesomeness of the no barrel firearms caused them to quake in their boots to the point of making them incoherent.

As for the Chuck Norris G20 NBP, it was too dangerous to leave in the mortal world so the Ancient Ones descended from the clouds and whisked it away to their dimension where it is kept safe in a case made from pure skin flakes off Chuck Norris' scalp. Only Chuck Norris can contain the power of a Chuck Norris G20 NBP!!!

Panzergrenadier1979
06-08-2011, 05:20
I heard there was talk about legislating against NBR, NBS, and NBP as well as NBMG. However, the sheer awesomeness of the no barrel firearms caused them to quake in their boots to the point of making them incoherent.

Do you really thing that congress would pass up on all those $5.00 AOW tax stamps?! Not in this economy! :supergrin:

Panzergrenadier1979
06-08-2011, 05:26
A few years ago, an FFL SOT on subguns.com posted a pic of an SBR .308 rifle (I believe it was an HK) that he'd manufactured. The barrel was so short that the tip of the bullet protruded past the muzzle. :wow:

If I recall, it was one of those "I-made-it-cuz-I-can!" type things.

Glockdude1
06-08-2011, 05:38
7 years to pay for his entire rifle???

:rofl:

lawman800
06-08-2011, 09:05
Do you really thing that congress would pass up on all those $5.00 AOW tax stamps?! Not in this economy! :supergrin:

That's not all. I heard they wanted to raise the AOW tax by a whopping 50% to cover the deficit! Now I gotta eat another month of ramen to come up with the extra $2.50!!!

Steamboat Bill
06-08-2011, 10:53
This thread has given me an idea. Using the "two is one and one is none" line of thought, I'm thinking of just attaching an entire second AR to my primary AR...somewhere along the 6 o'clock rail. Why be forced to transition to just a pistol if my primary AR goes down?

billyblooshoes
06-08-2011, 11:14
freakin hysterical.

i cant believe some of you guys actually thought it was serious.

Kyle7748
06-08-2011, 11:34
That's funny, it reminds me of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI0AzYwIILQ It's a "ninja ak" and a complete joke and completely hilarious. He has a video on a "ninja glock" too.

Nestor
06-08-2011, 12:35
Understand the satire thing is too difficult for the average Polish brain, but he's one funny guy I would say. Coming thru the door with this rifle...I want to see :rofl:

1811guy
06-08-2011, 15:51
Keep it simple stupid.

On mine I have a flashlight, a VFG, back up sights and right now a cheap red dot since I have my regular BUIS being replaced. That's more than enough for any AR.

The flashlight, VFG, and RDS (and I assume railed HG to mount the light and VFG) are not keeping it simple.

KISS:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/1811guy2/ars004.jpg

NOT KISS:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/1811guy2/ars003.jpg

KISS:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/1811guy2/DDar001.jpg

NOT KISS:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/1811guy2/SPR1.jpg

pleaforwar
06-08-2011, 16:02
That is NOT a KISS weapons 1811 Guy, this is the true definition of Kiss:
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/p1pe09/Slingshots/Snake%20Bark%20Oak/DSC02457.jpg

:rofl:

iLift45's
06-08-2011, 19:10
That definately needs to be posted over at http://www.ar15.com
and most definately at http://www.m4carbine.net

What's wrong with ar15.com?? Anything you want to know about ar's you can find over there!!

AFshooter
06-09-2011, 00:23

This.

Oh, and the Ninja AK47 is way funnier. I have not laughed that hard in a long time.

Gunnut 45/454
06-09-2011, 10:00
AFshooter
Oh I see the satire in the video alright - the bad thing is I actually see guns like that!
Go over to ARcom, and the like and you see them. If you don't have $2000 dollars of crap hanging off your AR they don't want to talk to you! Magpul this Magpul that, $1000 dollar optics etc!:rofl:

I could careless what folks hang on there AR's , go for it! :rofl: I for one don't like carrying around a 10 lb plus rifle! :whistling:

lawman800
06-09-2011, 10:54
Most of my AR's are kiss and the ones which are outfitted are nowhere close to mall ninja. My most tac'ed out AR has an EOTech, m3 light, foregrip, and 2 point sling. I would consider that lightly modded.

surf
06-09-2011, 11:34
IMO the definition of KISS has evolved over the years with technology. Is the basic iron sighted AR15 really a KISS rifle? Once upon a time a fixed sight, smooth bore musket was a KISS rifle. The current AR15 with rifleling, iron sights, and adjustable front and rear sights and adjustable stock may not have been considered a KISS rifle at some period in history and now it is the standard definition?

Keep it simple stupid, is a mindset or frame of reference given the time and technology available. The high quality red dot sights are pretty much a given for being on par with reliability as irons. High quality, rugged and reliable white light, a no brainer. There are definitely options that are considered a must on a defense / duty / deployment rifle. Since they might be considered an absolute necessity or minimum to meet these standards, I would argue that the definition of a KISS rifle has progressed beyond a basically stock, iron sighted AR style rifle.

IMO on a working / defensive rifle KISS nowadays = Red dot sight + BUIS + white light + sling. That IMO is keeping it simple without being stupid.

SGT HATRED
06-09-2011, 11:46
That is pretty darn funny I love the tactical treats! However I herd an F bomb so this thread must be deleted/locked for breaking GT law...