Anyone buy from Optics Planet? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy from Optics Planet?

HAMMERHEAD
06-05-2011, 20:55
I'm going to buy a Trijicon RMR dual illuminated MRD. Midway doesn't carry that model.

Anyone have any feedback on Optics Planet?

I'll have to order the Glock mount directly from Trijicon evidently, and the Freedom Arms mount from Freedom Arms.

Any other retailers you would recommend?

GlockGuru182
06-05-2011, 21:01
Optics planet took 3 months to deliver my Safariland I ordered in December 2010. YMMV

randyr5
06-05-2011, 21:09
I bought a Meprolight night sight for a Ruger LCR from them. Arrived in a timely fashion. No worries...

JTB
06-05-2011, 21:10
You can try www.swfa.com. Do not think they have the mount

R*E
06-05-2011, 21:15
I've purchased holsters and lasers from them. Excellent service every time.

boomhower
06-05-2011, 21:16
I've tried. Every time I got an email ten minutes later than the item is out of stock but will be shipped soon. They either have the worst inventory management system known to man or are liars and deceive people on what's actually in stock to get them to place orders and hope they don't cancel. I have decided it's the latter and have sworn them off forever.

CES07
06-05-2011, 21:27
I've encountered no problems ordering from Optics Planet on three separate occasions. They had the items I was after at good prices and shipped quickly.

HAMMERHEAD
06-05-2011, 21:41
Thanks for the quick replies.

I've tried. Every time I got an email ten minutes later than the item is out of stock but will be shipped soon. They either have the worst inventory management system known to man or are liars and deceive people on what's actually in stock to get them to place orders and hope they don't cancel. I have decided it's the latter and have sworn them off forever.

The one thing that bothers me about their site is that there is nothing to tell you whether it's in stock or not. I guess getting an e-mail after you order is their system!?!

I'll check SWFA, forgot about them.

swinokur
06-06-2011, 04:18
I have ordered Galco stuff no problem I agree their inventory stystem seems primitive. It never seems to show stock availability. I ordered a Surefire X300 and then a few minutes later got the out of stock email. I called and cancelled the order. No issues

I think if you order by phone you'd avoid this. But if the CS rep can determine stock, why doesn't their web site do it as well?

DustyJacket
06-06-2011, 04:32
I had one order and they were out of stock (so was everyone) which I eventually cancelled.

I had an order last week that arrived in days.

KappaAlphaASU
06-06-2011, 04:32
I've ordered from them several times with no problems.

dukeguy
06-06-2011, 04:40
I've ordered from them several times and had no problems. As for "out of stock" issues, I had that happen on one order. I received a prompt email informing me of my options. I called and they made a quick exchange which was shipped out promptly. No complaints.

dogchild
06-06-2011, 05:29
I'm going to buy a Trijicon RMR dual illuminated MRD. Midway doesn't carry that model.

I'll have to order the Glock mount directly from Trijicon evidently, and the Freedom Arms mount from Freedom Arms.

I've bought several thing from Optics Planet, and have had no problems...

ricklee4570
06-06-2011, 05:45
I have had good service with them.

Glock27NY
06-06-2011, 09:40
Excellent service but I always use "live chat with cs" to make sure item is in stock before I place my order.

relayman
06-06-2011, 09:45
I purchased a holster about a month ago . Excellent service . I have a scope enroute from them as we speak . Tracking says it should be here today . A friend recommended them to me .

Captains1911
06-06-2011, 11:05
Much better customer service can be found elsewhere.

HAMMERHEAD
06-06-2011, 14:58
Thanks all.

Excellent service but I always use "live chat with cs" to make sure item is in stock before I place my order.
Good idea, thanks.

dkf
06-06-2011, 15:07
I ordered a holster from them and got a notice it wasn't in stock after the order. I e-mailed them and got a response back (non form letter response) in a few minutes. Hassle free and a super quick response from them, I'll be ordering from them in the future.

Walk Soft
06-06-2011, 15:08
Yes,several times.Would definitly reccomend.

kmb
06-06-2011, 19:26

Just got the same e-mail regarding a holster (order on hold - hope to have back in stock in 5-10 working days). When I checked the website, it says nothing about the item being out of stock. Seems a bit misleading.

Might have to cancel my order and go through CTD.

Captains1911
06-06-2011, 19:43
Just got the same e-mail regarding a holster (order on hold - hope to have back in stock in 5-10 working days). When I checked the website, it says nothing about the item being out of stock. Seems a bit misleading.

Might have to cancel my order and go through CTD.

This is not uncommon for Optics Planet, it's one of the reasons I will not do business with them anymore. Also, don't expect them to be helpful if you need to return a defective item, they do not stand behind the products they sell. I am not the only one who has experienced issues with their CS, search around and you will find numerous reports of similar experiences. With the amount of retailers out there with excellent CS, I see absolutely no need to give Optics Planet any of my business. OP, order at your own risk.

bentbiker
06-07-2011, 00:11
Which model do you want? The RM02 is available from Cals Sporting Armory for $418.35 -- http://www.calssportingarmory.com/Trijicon_RM02_RMR_Sight_LED_8_0_MOA_Red_Dot_p/trrm02.htm . The RM07 is $469.95 . I ordered one from Cals and one from Optics Planet. Both sights shipped immediately. I ordered one Glock mount directly from Trijicon, but milling the slide is the better approach.

Sheepdog Scout
06-07-2011, 00:15
I've tried a couple of times. Both times, I got an email sometime after saying it was out of stock. And it gave me an "expected" time of being instock of 2 to 3 weeks. So I don't bother even looking at them anymore.

HGun17
06-07-2011, 07:41

Placed an order with them on a holster and waited......and waited. I canceled and bought it form some mom and pop's store online.