Help me bring my wife to the mindset [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help me bring my wife to the mindset

Hrsuhd
06-05-2011, 21:37
I have tried everything I can think of to instill a stronger delf defense mindset in my wife. I've showed and read to her articles and news items from local and national sources.

We have a half way house a block or so away and have never had any problem. Our neighbors are great people but I work a late shift and am always a little worried.
I am looking for suggestions of literature targeted toward the ladies that you know to be useful and provide a different view point than I am able to provide.

For me its just something you do. I dont want her to be paranoid but i do want her to be more attentive.

Thank you for your time

Mas Ayoob
06-05-2011, 22:05
Go to amazon.com, and get her:

Personal Defense for Women by Gila Hayes

Cornered Cat, the Book, by Kathy Jackson (also get her on Kathy's website, corneredcat.com .

Armed and Female by Paxton Quigley

Each of these is a manifesto for the woman who has not come to the gun before, but has seen the reality of a violent world and is ready for an Equalizer. Each of them encompasses responsibility, and each is written by a role model woman who started where you describe your wife being now. Each makes it clear that strength does not sacrifice femininity.

Consider also an offshoot of the ProArms Podcast, the Broad Cast, an all female program that is "downloadable radio interviews" of armed women. It's run by Gail Pepin, a nurse and champion shooter who also came to the gun as an adult rather than being born into it, and has excelled in its use. She can access it at proarmspodcast.com/category/proarms-broadcast .

best of luck,
Mas

Hrsuhd
06-06-2011, 22:37
Thank you