Springfield 1911 accuracy guarantees? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield 1911 accuracy guarantees?

thatguybryan
06-06-2011, 15:46
I know some of the Springfield 1911 accuracy at 25 yd. guarantees, but I can't find them on the website. Where can I look at the guarantees for each Springfield 1911? Thanks for the help.

Quack
06-06-2011, 16:26
1.5" for custom shop
2.5" for TRP, Trophy Match, Range Officer
3.5" for Loaded
IIRC 4.5" for mil-spec & GI's

faawrenchbndr
06-06-2011, 16:58
Quack,.......safe to assume these are from a Ransom Rest?

GeorgiaRedfish
06-06-2011, 17:29
Nope a 1 year old boy's hand.

CMG
06-06-2011, 17:34
Nope a 1 year old boy's hand.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/pb9x19/Fun/That-Is-Contribution.jpg

skipsan
06-06-2011, 17:34
Springfield reps have touted those accuracy numbers in informal communications (e-mails) sent to other 1911 forum(s). Whether they could be
called guarantees is subject to interpretation. If the numbers have ever been published as true guarantees to a wide audience, they've escaped my scrutiny.

Given SA's liberal customer service policy, I believe they'd probably step up to any accuracy issue that fell outside their informal "published" numbers, but it would be their call.

knedrgr
06-06-2011, 17:42

Yes it is.

faawrenchbndr
06-06-2011, 18:16
GeorgiaRedfish,........:honkie:

bac1023
06-06-2011, 21:01

Absolutely, Greg

thatguybryan
06-06-2011, 22:53
that is what i thought they were quack, thanks.

where does the mc operator fit in? is the mc operator on par with a trp in fit, finish and accuracy?

also, i have heard you can special order the trp full rail through the custom shop. anyone done this? is it the same price as the regular trp? im assuming it is more. i see the trp half rail listed on the site, but i cannot locate one. is the half rail trp is discontinued as well?

thanks again for the help.

knedrgr
06-07-2011, 06:08
that is what i thought they were quack, thanks.

where does the mc operator fit in? is the mc operator on par with a trp in fit, finish and accuracy?

also, i have heard you can special order the trp full rail through the custom shop. anyone done this? is it the same price as the regular trp? im assuming it is more. i see the trp half rail listed on the site, but i cannot locate one. is the half rail trp is discontinued as well?

thanks again for the help.

Of the MC Operators that I've handle, it seems to be between the TRP and Loaded. Closer to the TRP fitting. So it would put money on it closer to the 2.5" range.

Yes, SACS will build a full rail TRP. There's a local shop that has or had one used. Don't know if they still do. But if order from SACS, it will run you almost 2X the price of a NIB TRP. Half rail TRP is still in production, and should still be around $1500-$1600.

okie
06-07-2011, 06:42
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/pb9x19/Fun/That-Is-Contribution.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

thatguybryan
06-07-2011, 07:51
Of the MC Operators that I've handle, it seems to be between the TRP and Loaded. Closer to the TRP fitting. So it would put money on it closer to the 2.5" range.

Yes, SACS will build a full rail TRP. There's a local shop that has or had one used. Don't know if they still do. But if order from SACS, it will run you almost 2X the price of a NIB TRP. Half rail TRP is still in production, and should still be around $1500-$1600.

Oh ok, I did not know the half rail TRP was still available. Thanks for the help man.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
06-07-2011, 08:01
1.5" for custom shop

Cool. I didn't know Springfield had that guarantee on their custom shop guns (or if I did, I had forgotten). Where did you see that?

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
06-07-2011, 08:03

You can order a full railed Operator thru the custom shop - I did so in the past. But, it's NOT the production gun, and will run you $2600-$3k. But, it's a gun built by hand instead of a production gun.

thatguybryan
06-07-2011, 08:52
You can order a full railed Operator thru the custom shop - I did so in the past. But, it's NOT the production gun, and will run you $2600-$3k. But, it's a gun built by hand instead of a production gun.

That is a lot of money, but like you said it is a custom gun. I did not know you were from houston. I am from houston also. You don't have any 1911's anymore do you?

You're more of a beretta guy now it seems.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
06-07-2011, 10:11
That is a lot of money, but like you said it is a custom gun. I did not know you were from houston. I am from houston also. You don't have any 1911's anymore do you?

I'm actually in College Station - about 70 min north from the Cypress area. of Houston.

I do still have one 1911 - that very Full Rail Custom Shop 9mm Operator, in fact. I did sell the Ed Brown a couple of months back. And yea, Berettas are my main interest now.

But, I don't think I'll sell that 9mm Operator.

knedrgr
06-07-2011, 10:52
I do still have one 1911 - that very Full Rail Custom Shop 9mm Operator, in fact. I did sell the Ed Brown a couple of months back. And yea, Berettas are my main interest now.

But, I don't think I'll sell that 9mm Operator.

what, no picture?:crying:

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
06-07-2011, 11:09
what, no picture?:crying:

OH hell... I'll post them. I just thought everyone was sick of seeing it...

It does have 25 LPI hand checkering on the front strap - I just like these pachmeyer grips too much to go back to other grips.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Operator-red2.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Operator-red1.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/gun7.jpg

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 11:14
That thing is pure awesomeness. Why would we be sick of seeing it?

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
06-07-2011, 11:16
Well, I get razed about the grips everytime I post the pics, and when I do post it in a thread, there usually isn't any follow up post occurring afterwards. So, I've sorta stopped bothering to post it most of the time. Thought everyone was sick of seeing it.

knedrgr
06-07-2011, 15:35
Well, I get razed about the grips everytime I post the pics,

Yes, those are pretty FUGLY. But the rest of the gun is awesome! :tongueout: :rofl:

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
06-07-2011, 15:41
Yes, those are pretty FUGLY. But the rest of the gun is awesome! :tongueout: :rofl:

Well, I tried several other grips, including just plain rubber panels from Hogue. I got so used to these grips on an MC Operator I had that I don't like the feeling of where the front edge of the grips end and go back down to the frame.

I like the continuous piece that the pachmeyers have.

Anyway - everyone who holds it ends up falling in love with the grips and the way they feel on the gun. I just prefer it over regular panels and the checkering.

iLift45's
06-08-2011, 19:24
1.5" for custom shop
2.5" for TRP, Trophy Match, Range Officer
3.5" for Loaded
IIRC 4.5" for mil-spec & GI's

Can't wait to find out!! Dave called me today. Talked to him for about 15 mins! Great guy and really helped me with some decisions for my TRP Operator.

Ruggles
06-08-2011, 21:23

State pride man, state pride, please capitalize Houston :wavey:

Now you also need to capitalize Dallas but you do not need to capitalize the word cowboys in Dallas cowboys cause they suck :tongueout:

thatguybryan
06-08-2011, 21:41
Just as an FYI for anyone interested, the MC Operator is quoted at 3.5" or better at 25 yards.

I emailed Springfield and the sales rep told me this, so it is straight from the horse's mouth.

knedrgr
06-08-2011, 21:44
Just as an FYI for anyone interested, the MC Operator is quoted at 3.5" or better at 25 yards.

I emailed Springfield and the sales rep told me this, so it is straight from the horse's mouth.

MC Operator is a Loaded w/ a Rail.

lawdog734
06-08-2011, 21:48
OH hell... I'll post them. I just thought everyone was sick of seeing it...

It does have 25 LPI hand checkering on the front strap - I just like these pachmeyer grips too much to go back to other grips.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Operator-red2.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Operator-red1.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/gun7.jpg
I always just quietly watched this gun from across the room:embarassed: It is a very sharp looking gun.