W-W USA JHP Ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : W-W USA JHP Ammo

rick7938
06-06-2011, 15:48
Hi, Mas.

I live way out in the country away from major cities. So my access to premium handgun ammo is non-existant except by traveling over 50 miles or by internet. My local country store only carries W-W USA JHP white box ammo. I know that this is economy ammo, but is this ammo adequate for personal protection. I am particularly interested in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. I usually carry Hornady Critical Defense if I can get it.

Thanks for feedback.

Mas Ayoob
06-06-2011, 22:23
In 9mm, the 147 grain version is essentially the first generation subsonic that gave that type of load its spotty reputation in the early years. The 115 grain 9 is basically going to perform like the old 9mm Silvertip. The 180 grain subsonic is also 20 year old technology, good but not at the potential of Winchester's modern loads. The 230 grain .45 developed an excellent reputation out of 4.5" Glock 21s and 5" Colts and Smiths, but I wouldn't be expecting much expansion as barrel lengths got shorter.

In any of them, but particularly the 9, I think it would be worth your while to order some Ranger-T or equivalent online.

best,
Mas

rick7938
06-07-2011, 04:21
Thanks, Mas. Going to order some of the good stuff today. Kindest regards. Rick