Sadly, my KC may have to go bye-bye. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sadly, my KC may have to go bye-bye.

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 18:50
Recently, my job situation took an unexpected turn for the worse. This may force me to make a change in my shooting as well. I may have to make the jump from .45 back to 9mm. Right now, I shoot maybe 150 rounds of .45 a month, but that is really pushing what I can afford to shoot. As much as I love the KC, to me it is only a tool. If I can't adequately train with it, it doesn't serve as much of a purpose. I have considered getting a .22lr conversion, but I don't think I want to train with that as the bulk of my shooting. Too much of a recoil difference, etc. 9mm would allow me to shoot twice as much (or more or less) and I have full confidence in it as a defensive round for carry.

So talk me off of the ledge, or PM me an offer. :supergrin:

Rman 585
06-06-2011, 18:54
Im getting a STI TROJAN 9mm 5"......you reccomended to me the other day....why dont you get one too....:cool:

glock2740
06-06-2011, 18:59
Keep the EB Hokie. Get a BB pistol. I'm dead serious. I did it a couple of years ago and recently a buddy of mine bought the same gun. It's a Daisy 15X IIRC, I'll find it online and send you a link. It's the same size as my Rock Island 3.5". It weighs less of course, and the trigger is more like my LCP, but it's still practicing with a handgun. I bought it when ammo was hard to find and I didn't want to shoot up my stash, yet I had cut back to 50 rounds a week and had started shooting every other week. It kept my shooting skills honed and was really fun too. You can shoot it in the yard, or if you build a BB trap, you can shoot it in the house. The gun was about $30-35 at Wal-Mart, 25 CO2 cartridges are about $15 and 1000 BB's are $5-6. That's alot of shooting on the cheap. :cool:
Here it is. The 15XT.

http://daisy.com/shopping/customer/product.php?productid=16155&cat=259&page=1

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 18:59
Im getting a STI TROJAN 9mm 5"......you reccomended to me the other day....why dont you get one too....:cool:

I would probably look at a DW Guardian or EMP as a replacement since it will be my EDC. Glad to hear you are going Trojan. It's a great gun.

bac1023
06-06-2011, 19:02
Recently, my job situation took an unexpected turn for the worse. This may force me to make a change in my shooting as well. I may have to make the jump from .45 back to 9mm. Right now, I shoot maybe 150 rounds of .45 a month, but that is really pushing what I can afford to shoot. As much as I love the KC, to me it is only a tool. If I can't adequately train with it, it doesn't serve as much of a purpose. I have considered getting a .22lr conversion, but I don't think I want to train with that as the bulk of my shooting. Too much of a recoil difference, etc. 9mm would allow me to shoot twice as much (or more or less) and I have full confidence in it as a defensive round for carry.

Wow. That sucks, Paul.

Hopefully, you can find a way to keep it.

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 19:03
Wow. That sucks, Paul.

Hopefully, you can find a way to keep it.

Tell me about it, Brian. I may just suck it up for a while and shoot a lot less, but I don't know.

Rman 585
06-06-2011, 19:04
I would probably look at a DW Guardian or EMP as a replacement since it will be my EDC. Glad to hear you are going Trojan. It's a great gun.

Ya Going to get it from dawson......
This will be my 2nd 1911...
I started with the RIA 9mm and i love it....now its time for a better quality pistol...Thanks for telling me to check out STI:cool:

Rman 585
06-06-2011, 19:05
Tell me about it, Brian. I may just suck it up for a while and shoot a lot less, but I don't know.
What is your job?

faawrenchbndr
06-06-2011, 19:09
As you remember I basically went from a KC to a EMP.
My move was based upon the fact of the slide peening issue. The EMP came about
due to a local guy selling one. I DO plan on getting another Kobra Carry after the move to Kansas.

Keep the Ed Brown,.........save up buy a 9mm shooter, work overtime, quit eating out
pack a sack lunch, quit smoking, quit drinking,........KEEP the Ed Brown!

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 19:11
Ya Going to get it from dawson......
This will be my 2nd 1911...
I started with the RIA 9mm and i love it....now its time for a better quality pistol...Thanks for telling me to check out STI:cool:

You're welcome for the help on the STI. That's my other option I was considering. Picking up a 9mm RIA Tactical for about $450. That would handle the bulk of my rangetime, while working in a box of .45 after 100-150 of 9mm perhaps.

My last job was doing intermodal transportation logistics when I was laid off. Been at home with my kids for about 2 years as a house-husband.

Bob469
06-06-2011, 19:12
IMO, If $60.00 (tops) a month is even close to being out of your price range. The $2400.00 dollar Kobra Carry should defiantly be out of your price range. I kinda see it like the people that buy the ferrari that whine about the $1500.00 oil changes and service. The whole reason why I have 3-4 "cheaper" guns and 3-500 rds on hand of each caliber for when a friend calls to go to the range Im ready for a days worth of fun. Instead of having one beautiful gun I cant shoot or carry ALL the time.

But then on the other hand,

I dont really fully believe in the guns as tools thing simply because when it comes to 1911's theres art and beauty. Yes, I'd say a glock is more of a tool. I also dont believe that you must train constantly to carry. Shooting a gun is like riding a bike. You may go 3 months without shooting, and you may have lost your 2" group but you can still hit the target ( i hope ) which will be enough to stop a threat which that "tool" was made for.

I think it was Samuse who recently posted a little flame about everyone being Zombie crazy and all this nonsense about having to train and carry one platform and this and that... If you have to skip a few months of "training" to afford the KC then you'll be alright when the zombies come, perhaps you wont be making head shots from 25yrds but Im sure within the standard 7yrds you'll be fine...

You could always sell the KC and buy a CBOB/VBOB and have "almost" the same gun as far as your "training" goes... But we all know you didnt buy the KC simply because its a tool, because well their are cheaper tools that do the exact same thing out there. You bought the 2400 dollar KC because its pretty haha

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 19:13
As you remember I basically went from a KC to a EMP.
My move was based upon the fact of the slide peening issue. The EMP came about
due to a local guy selling one. I DO plan on getting another Kobra Carry after the move to Kansas.

Keep the Ed Brown,.........save up buy a 9mm shooter, work overtime, quit eating out
pack a sack lunch, quit smoking, quit drinking,........KEEP the Ed Brown!

No job at the moment so OT is out. :rofl:
I rarely eat out.
I don't smoke.
I rarely drink and sadly, stopped buying microbrews and went to Bud. :crying:

faawrenchbndr
06-06-2011, 19:15
Dress Quack up in a mini-skirt and pumps..............

Get me point? Financial issues resolved in a day or two! :thumbsup:

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 19:16
IMO, If $60.00 (tops) a month is even close to being out of your price range. The $2400.00 dollar Kobra Carry should defiantly be out of your price range. I kinda see it like the people that buy the ferrari that whine about the $1500.00 oil changes and service. The whole reason why I have 3-4 "cheaper" guns and 3-500 rds on hand of each caliber for when a friend calls to go to the range Im ready for a days worth of fun. Instead of having one beautiful gun I cant shoot or carry ALL the time.

I dont really fully believe in the guns as tools thing simply because when it comes to 1911's theres art and beauty. Yes, I'd say a glock is more of a tool. I also dont believe that you must train constantly to carry. Shooting a gun is like riding a bike. You may go 3 months without shooting, and you may have lost your 2" group but you can still hit the target ( i hope ) which will be enough to stop a threat which that "tool" was made for.

I think it was Samuse who recently posted a little flame about everyone being Zombie crazy and all this nonsense about having to train and carry one platform and this and that... If you have to skip a few months of "training" to afford the KC then you'll be alright when the zombies come, perhaps you wont be making head shots from 25yrds but Im sure within the standard 7yrds you'll be fine...

You could always sell the KC and buy a CBOB/VBOB and have "almost" the same gun as far as your "training" goes... But we all know you didnt buy the KC simply because its a tool, because well their are cheaper tools that do the exact same thing out there. You bought the 2400 dollar KC because its pretty haha

First of all, you don't know me or know dick about my situation. Secondly, you don't know me or dick about my situation. Thirdly, my initial plan was to pick up the gun then start reloading. My job situation changed in the past month and is preventing the reloading from happening so that has changed the landscape of my shooting. Did I mention you don't know me or dick about my situation? Thanks for your astute observations. It had nothing to do with "pretty", but thanks for chiming in. :thumbsup:

Mr. Gekko
06-06-2011, 19:17
Sorry to hear Hokie. I'd stick with the KC, you waited too long for it to give it up so soon, but I get your point.

I have a family friend who couldn't afford to shoot as much as he would like so he got in contact with my father since he reloads. As far as I know, he saves as much brass as he can and buys what he needs in bulk to save some cash. Once or twice a month, he goes to my parents house and he and my dad reload so he can shoot on the weekends. I'll try to email him to see if it allows him to shoot more than he did before for the same cost.

Of course, you would have to have access to a reloader and the dies needed...

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 19:17
Dress Quack up in a mini-skirt and pumps..............

Get me point? Financial issues resolved in a day or two! :thumbsup:

Greg, you may be onto something here...

craig19
06-06-2011, 19:18
Damn, that sucks, you just got it. I hope you find something soon.

drc767
06-06-2011, 19:18
No job at the moment so OT is out. :rofl:
I rarely eat out.
I don't smoke.

I "eat out" as often as possible, but don't go to restaurants often.
I don't smoke.
I drink as much as I can to quiet the voices in my head.

:)

Paul.....chances are you are going to take a several hundred dollar beating on a trade value for a used Brown as opposed to what you have in to it. Take that beating and get a G19 or something. When things turn around, you still have a nice 1911.

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 19:21
Sorry to hear Hokie. I'd stick with the KC, you waited too long for it to give it up so soon, but I get your point.

I have a family friend who couldn't afford to shoot as much as he would like so he got in contact with my father since he reloads. As far as I know, he saves as much brass as he can and buys what he needs in bulk to save some cash. Once or twice a month, he goes to my parents house and he and my dad reload so he can shoot on the weekends. I'll try to email him to see if it allows him to shoot more than he did before for the same cost.

Of course, you would have to have access to a reloader and the dies needed...

That may be an option down the road. RSX lives about an hour away and has a 650 and offered to load for me, but it would be a while before I break even of the upfront for brass, etc, etc, etc...

Thinking the RIA 9mm may be a better short term option, or I could sink that $450 into 1000 rounds of say Blazer Brass, shoot through that, and have Bobby reload for me and keep reusing that brass and so on.

glock2740
06-06-2011, 19:21
You're welcome for the help on the STI. That's my other option I was considering. Picking up a 9mm RIA Tactical for about $450. That would handle the bulk of my rangetime, while working in a box of .45 after 100-150 of 9mm perhaps.

My last job was doing intermodal transportation logistics when I was laid off. Been at home with my kids for about 2 years as a house-husband.
My GF does that for JB Hunt. I know that they have let some people work from home. Try seeing if you could do some work from your house for one of the many companies out there. Maybe waive insurance benefits and maybe some other benifits, to become less of an overhead burden on the company, while still producing for them the same as if you were in the office. I still say to go the BB gun route and just shoot your EB less until things turn around for you. :thumbsup:

GioaJack
06-06-2011, 19:22
If I was faced with a similar circumstance I would seriously consider keeping the KC for what ever purpose you deem fit, finding a good, used inexpensive .22 auto, (ever a revolver but a good one would probably cost more) and using that for your shooting fix and practice.

A thousand rounds a month of .22 is infinitely more valuable training than 100 to 150 a month of .45 or 9mm.

I understand that many folks will disagree, that has simply been my experience after having done a bit of shooting.

I wish you all the best with your current situation.

Jack

GJ1981
06-06-2011, 19:22
I'll be the bad guy here but I'd pick door number 2, sell it if you must. I'd pick up a 9mm of your choice AND a reloading setup/components. You should be able to sell the KC for enough to cover both.

Assuming your 150 rounds of 45 ammo a month is factory, you should be able to load 500 rounds of 9mm for a comparable price once setup. I figured my loads right around $115 for 1000 9mm's, but I get my brass for free too.

HotRoderX
06-06-2011, 19:25
I know you said you didn't wanna do a 22 conversion but I would look at one. I would train with both 22 and 45. Shot 100-200 rounds of 22lr then follow it up with 25-50 rounds of 45cal at the end. That way you can keep training with your 1911. Its not perfect solution but it stops you from having to break in and learn a new gun. Think about the money you would spend on break in ammo + testing JHP and all that .

woodrowNC
06-06-2011, 19:27

that was pretty much uncalled for.

drc767
06-06-2011, 19:29
that was pretty much uncalled for.

Agreed....

Bob469
06-06-2011, 19:30
First of all, you don't know me or know dick about my situation. Secondly, you don't know me or dick about my situation. Thirdly, my initial plan was to pick up the gun then start reloading. My job situation changed in the past month and is preventing the reloading from happening so that has changed the landscape of my shooting. Did I mention you don't know me or dick about my situation? Thanks for your astute observations. It had nothing to do with "pretty", but thanks for chiming in. :thumbsup:

Interesting...

But perhaps you shouldnt open yourself up to the world wide web about your situation if your going to take offense and get your feelings hurt. Cuz I hate to tell ya its a mean world out there and I thought I put my points nicely, Regarding both your zombie training and simply calling your KC a "tool".

I'd hate to be in your situation too. But I also wouldnt post a thread to let everyone know that I cant afford to shoot the gun I'm an Internet Billboard Advertisement for, let alone take offense to peoples input.

djackson
06-06-2011, 19:31
Sorry to hear Paul, consider selling a kidney or plasma....? I kid I kid hate to hear and truly hope everything works out.

drc767
06-06-2011, 19:31
Interesting...

But perhaps you shouldnt open yourself up to the world wide web about your situation if your going to take offense and get your feelings hurt. Cuz I hate to tell ya its a mean world out there and I thought I put my points nicely, Regarding both your zombie training and simply calling your KC a "tool".

I'd hate to be in your situation too. But I also wouldnt post a thread to let everyone know that I cant afford to shoot the gun I'm an Internet Billboard Advertisement for, let alone take offense to peoples input.

Because he is among friends.....which you are not on this course of lecturing posts.

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 19:32
Honestly, selling it is a last resort. My short term options are...

Wilson (Marvel) .22lr conversion and a couple hundred rounds followed by a box of .45
-or-
RIA 9mm and a couple hundred rounds followed by a box of .45
-or-
keep shooting .45 until I can accumulate enough brass to have RSX reload on the cheap

All of these options would be $400ish (give or take). Your thoughts?

40 0'Glock
06-06-2011, 19:33
Don't sell the KC! Honestly, I've had to chill out with shooting my large calibers lately as well, much like many of us. I invested in a .22 rifle just to scratch the shooting itch and get it (mainly) out of my system when I can't resist not going to the range. It's not as fun as blasting the .45, but .22s really make for a guilt-free shooting session.

okie
06-06-2011, 19:33
That's a big bite of a crap sandwich, Paul. I hope things look up for you quickly my friend:angel:

thecableguy
06-06-2011, 19:35
Paul YOU CAN"T SELL IT!! Your son already called dibs on it.:supergrin:

Seriously though man don't sell wait it out put the KC away and get yourself a cheap 9mm in the meantime. I would really hate to see you part with that thing we all know how much you wanted it.

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 19:37
Interesting...

Listen bro, I am friends with a large number of guys on here, shoot with a bunch of them, and talk offline with an even larger number. I've been a member here quite a while and trust me when I say, it takes a hell of a lot more than something an anonymous asshat posts online to get me upset. Not sure where you are getting your "zombie take" from. I carry to protect my wife and children, and if you think a gun is anything more than a tool, then maybe you are a closet mallninja and need to find yourself a girl or something. If you didn't have anything constructive to add (and obviously you don't), just move along, troll.

glock2740
06-06-2011, 19:37
Interesting...

I guess we know Paul a little better than you do. You seem to like referring to things as "tools", so go look in the mirror, and you'll be looking right at one. Scram Bozo. :wavey:

HotRoderX
06-06-2011, 19:38

Wilson (Marvel) .22lr conversion and a couple hundred rounds followed by a box of .45
-or-
-or-
keep shooting .45 until I can accumulate enough brass to have RSX reload on the cheap

Hokies one thing to remember about the reloading is to factor in the price of gas.

drc767
06-06-2011, 19:38

-or-
-or-

I have to be honest, Paul. In your current situation, you are probably better off staying with the Brown and shooting when you can. Reloading, although a little more cost effective than buying ammo at Wal-Mart, ect, still can get costly with the cost of components going up. If you don't buy primers and powder locally, which you will pay more for if you do, unless you buy in bulk, gets a little costly in its own right. Hazmat fees on primers and powder make reloading just slightly less expensive than buying inexpensive ball ammo. You begin to realize the benefits of reloading if you shoot a ton and buy in bulk. Not trying to be a downer, but reloading is not the answer for you, especially if somebody else is going to be doing the work.

Mr. Gekko
06-06-2011, 19:39

-or-
-or-

I still go with keeping it.

On another note, Do Quack, knedrer and the others around you reload? If they don't, ask them for the brass (if they shoot it) if they do not to save some coin.

ETA: DRC makes some good points.

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 19:45
I have to be honest, Paul. In your current situation, you are probably better off staying with the Brown and shooting when you can. Reloading, although a little more cost effective than buying ammo at Wal-Mart, ect, still can get costly with the cost of components going up. If you don't buy primers and powder locally, which you will pay more for if you do, unless you buy in bulk, gets a little costly in its own right. Hazmat fees on primers and powder make reloading just slightly less expensive than buying inexpensive ball ammo. You begin to realize the benefits of reloading if you shoot a ton and buy in bulk. Not trying to be a downer, but reloading is not the answer for you, especially if somebody else is going to be doing the work.

Totally agree, Dave. Was talking to Bobby offline today and that is where we ended up with the conversation. He's got pretty much all of the stuff and he is getting it in bulk already through his shop. I would just need to come up with brass. I would probably not start seeing savings until the 2nd or 3rd thousand rounds. I guess for the price of reloading .45 (eventually) to factory 9mm FMJ, I am starting to lean toward a 9mm RIA to handle the bulk of my rangetime, mixing in some .45 to end the session.

rsxr22
06-06-2011, 19:54
I told you my opinion earlier, but It is kind of tough! Im pretty sure I'd rather have a 9mm then .45 i couldnt shoot. So I would suggest that over anything! If you can afford to shoot it, sell it and put it to a 9mm and a ton of ammo. If not keep it, start a "send hokie brass fund" then you can SHIP the stuff to me and well meet to exchange it back. Or maybe just trying to find any type of work. I know it might be beneath your education or experience but money is money. Finally, the .22 conv. kit would be at the bottom of my list.
Remember what I said: you do not need to pull the trigger a ton of times in order to get beneficial training sessions. Quality over Quantity.

Wade-19
06-06-2011, 19:59
Sorry to hear about it Hokie. I too have been out of work for two years in August. I don't graduate until December. I am almost tempted to offer you my 9mm VBOB in trade . Almost !

KillStick
06-06-2011, 20:04
Keep it hokie and just shoot less, you waited forever and gave a hk for it. Just keep it you will end up missing it.

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 20:04
Sorry to hear about it Hokie. I too have been out of work for two years in August. I don't graduate until December. I am almost tempted to offer you my 9mm VBOB in trade . Almost !

Don't tease me. :supergrin:

woodrowNC
06-06-2011, 20:08

pm sent

Bob469
06-06-2011, 20:08
As much as I love the KC, to me it is only a tool. If I can't adequately train with it, it doesn't serve as much of a purpose.

Just to clarify where the TOOL references have come from. haha

I use my guns to protect my family as well. But also carry what is comfortable with that days outfit, without worrying about a standard platform like many are. May it be 1911, G27, S&W BG 38. I also dont worry if I dont make it out to the range for a few weeks because when it comes to a real world threat your standing at the line at the range in the cubicle does very little anyways.

Again making a point about the emphasis alot of people put on having to have constantly train at the range and have a single gun platform. And I'm a mall ninja ? hahaha now thats funny

I just find it funny someone talking about not being able to afford to shoot a 2400 dollar gun can down play the price tag and say its simply a tool. Because well everyone knows you paid alot for the name(s) on that tool and could have had an equal tool for alot less...

Oh well, you have more internet friends then me haha you win. But your contradicting points in this thread have made me smile, so thanks to you !

glock2740
06-06-2011, 20:10
Remember what I said: you do not need to pull the trigger a ton of times in order to get beneficial training sessions. Quality over Quantity.
I agree. Dryfire practice is a good thing. I still say the BB gun route is a fun way to train too. And it's ALOT cheaper than BUYING ANOTHER gun. You can't spend you way out of a hole. Even though this administration would have you beleive otherwise. :whistling: I enjoy shooting my BB pistol. Haven't shot it in awhile, but it's shooting a pistol and for anyone to say the recoil difference wouldn't help, shooting a .22 would? :dunno:The goal is to be able to keep up your shooting skills, while doing so at a big savings in expense. IMO, buying a $400+ 9mm and shooting ammo that isn't that much cheaper than .45ACP, isn't saving money.

glock2740
06-06-2011, 20:13

I use my guns to protect my family as well. But also carry what is comfortable with that days outfit, without worrying about a standard platform like many are. May it be 1911, G27, S&W BG 38. I also dont worry if I dont make it out to the range for a few weeks because when it comes to a real world threat your standing at the line at the range in the cubicle does very little anyways.

Again making a point about the emphasis alot of people put on having to have constantly train at the range and have a single gun platform. And I'm a mall ninja ? hahaha now thats funny

I just find it funny someone talking about not being able to afford to shoot a 2400 dollar gun can down play the price tag and say its simply a tool. Because well everyone knows you paid alot for the name(s) on that tool and could have had an equal tool for alot less...

Oh well, you have more internet friends then me haha you win. But your contradicting points in this thread have made me smile, so thanks to you !

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/spiccoli45.jpg

Hey Bud...http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/OU1911/middle-finger-retro.jpg

Mr. Gekko
06-06-2011, 20:16

:upeyes:

Thank's for your opinions. I know Hokie only from the internet, but he has shown more class than you, even when he calls me a "Richard." :supergrin:

Why kick a man when he is feeling down?

Wade-19
06-06-2011, 20:16
Don't tease me. :supergrin:

Well I guess if you throw in a couple $$ to make it a fair trade :whistling:!

Scamp
06-06-2011, 20:18
I hope you keep it Hokie, it's a beautiful tool!

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 20:18
Well I guess if you throw in a couple $$ to make it a fair trade :whistling:!

And it still says "Custom" on it. That's cool because that's the only reason I bought an Ed Brown anyway........or so I've just been told. :rofl:

BuckyP
06-06-2011, 20:25
Sorry to hear about your situation. That is a tough one. I'd seriously consider the .22 kit if you can swing it. You might be surprised, but it might actually help improve your shooting. I know with my GLOCK conversion, it's easier to focus more on trigger control and sight picture without the recoil.

Best wishes in what ever you decide.

woodrowNC
06-06-2011, 20:28

:rofl:man. of all the ah's i've met on the internet, you are without a doubt the biggest yet. unbelievable.

Wade-19
06-06-2011, 20:30
And it still says "Custom" on it. That's cool because that's the only reason I bought an Ed Brown anyway........or so I've just been told. :rofl:

Well, it is "Custom". Chuck touched it !

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 20:32
Well, it is "Custom". Chuck touched it !

I thought Keith did all the work on it. What did Chuck do to it?

drc767
06-06-2011, 20:37

Do men even wear outfits? :rofl:

Outfit-a set of usually matching or harmonious garments and accessories worn together; coordinated costume; ensemble: a new spring outfit.

Sounds like something Bozo the Clown would wear.....

Ruggles
06-06-2011, 20:38

It's time.....

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ewk68n.jpg

Pull the handle.....pull it now :wavey:

glock2740
06-06-2011, 20:39
Hey Dave, you stole my Bozo refferance. :rofl:

bac1023
06-06-2011, 20:41

What the hell? :headscratch:

drc767
06-06-2011, 20:43
Hey Dave, you stole my Bozo refferance. :rofl:

I missed it....but it just goes to show we are both thinking the same thing.....:)

woodrowNC
Do men even wear outfits? :rofl:

Outfit-a set of usually matching or harmonious garments and accessories worn together; coordinated costume; ensemble: a new spring outfit.

Sounds like something Bozo the Clown would wear.....

i'm thinking he's not a man. kid, no doubt. 16, 17 at the most. no grown man could act that way.

bac1023
Interesting...

Paul can say whatever he wants here. If you don't like it, get lost.

drc767
06-06-2011, 20:46
What the hell? :headscratch:

Didn't you know Brian? Training is overrated! A valid CCW does away with the requirements to stay proficient with your chosen platform. And to think all these years I could have saved a pile of money that was spent on ammo, training classes, ect. I dunno......

awpk03s
06-06-2011, 20:47
I'm sorry man... that sucks big time!

Hokie1911
Didn't you know Brian? Training is overrated! A valid CCW does away with the requirements to stay proficient with your chosen platform. And to think all these years I could have saved a pile of money that was spent on ammo, training classes, ect. I dunno......

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bac1023

:animlol:

awpk03s
06-06-2011, 20:49
And seriously... when did this forum become a place where people just took a ***** on other people for being real and honest?

I tend to like this forum for the lack of douchbaggery... but there is a big uncalled for dose of it in this thread...

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 20:50
I'm sorry man... that sucks big time!

Thanks Sam. I actually just learned that training is not only highly over-rated, but it's completely uneccessary. So the Kobra Carry stays!

:dancingbanana:

38 Super Fan
06-06-2011, 20:50
Damn Paul, I really hate hearing that, hope that all works out for you.

glock2740
06-06-2011, 20:53
I tend to like this forum for the lack of douchbaggery...

:rofl:

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 20:53
Thanks fellas. Like I said...talk me off the wall and you guys did. :supergrin:

2011 has been a year of repeated kicks in my bojangles with losing my mom, the job crap, and now this. It hasn't killed me yet, so apparently it's making me stronger.

Ruggles
06-06-2011, 20:54
Damn Paul, I really hate hearing that, hope that all works out for you.

WTF? A .38 Super man with a .38 Special as a avatar :faint:

Remember being super is always better than just being special :wavey:

:supergrin:

drc767
06-06-2011, 20:55
Thanks Sam. I actually just learned that training is not only highly over-rated, but it's completely uneccessary. So the Kobra Carry stays!

:dancingbanana:

......and the most important thing is to pick your carry piece based on what your outfit is.

HAIL CAESAR
06-06-2011, 20:56
Paul,

I'm soooo sorry to hear about the troubles. I'd do whatever needs to be done...just keep shooting (eating and living indoors must me a priority although) .) I am positive that things will turn for the better and if you sell it you can always replace it.

Bobonit469,
Hokie could come out of the closet as a Taurus lover and I'd still like him. He is on here daily offing advise and a general goodwill.

If you don't like it then chase down the turnip truck you fell out of and climb back in. There is a village awaiting the arrival of that truck and the delivery of their idiot.

wrx04
Sorry to hear this man. Hopefully you can find a way to keep it.....its a badass gun for sure.

If i was in your situation, i would probably do one of two things depending on how long you expected this to last:

OPTION 1: If it was anticipated to be a short term problem (<1year), i would keep the KC, carry it, and shoot it on occasion. I would buy a 22/45 and get all the trigger time you want shooting .22. Its not as fun as shooting .45, but is MUCH MUCH cheaper, and improves your skills just as much.

OPTION 2: If this could drag on for longer than a year, i would probably sell it, buy a reloading press, G19, and some components. You are only gonna save money reloading over a large amount of rounds, but if it may take a while, id rather shoot a glock than have a KC in the safe.

I would lean HEAVILY toward option 1, but good luck with whatever you choose. Really try to keep it, even if it means not shooting at all for a few months.

drc767

A big "Hell Yeah" to that one!!!

Wade-19
06-06-2011, 20:57
I thought Keith did all the work on it. What did Chuck do to it?

EGW Mongram bushing, flush cut and crown the barrel and golf ball the spring plug. But Keith built the gun.

glock2740
06-06-2011, 20:57
......and the most important thing is to pick your carry piece based on what your outfit is.
:rofl:Although that dude most likely wears costumes.

Mr. Gekko
06-06-2011, 20:59

Yep. I have the hardest time trying to figure out what gun will match these heels......:supergrin: :rofl:

http://www.shoebuy.com/pi/dyeab/dyeab153121_5215_lg.jpg

20South
06-06-2011, 20:59
Keep it Paul. I think you will regret selling it. You've put a lot of thought and energy into that KC and it's one of the best looking Brown's around. Shoot less .45 though it, for now. Get yourself a Marvel .22 conversion, and latch onto Bobby or someone who may let you reload on their equipment or reload for you. For your defense purposes, you are only going to get so far in a range cubicle punching paper anyway and those courses that will really add value to your skills are going to cost plenty no matter what caliber you choose. Even with a .22 conversion you are still getting relevant trigger time, can practice drawing and getting first shot on target.

Keep it man, and I hope your job situation turns up soon. Have you though about coming to central oh? Our economy hasn't been nearly has devastating as you guys up north.

20South
06-06-2011, 21:00
Yep. I have the hardest time trying to figure out what gun will match these heels......

Well, it is now after Memorial Day....:tongueout:

drc767
06-06-2011, 21:03
Yep. I have the hardest time trying to figure out what gun will match these heels......:supergrin: :rofl:

An Ed Brown? :)

38 Super Fan
06-06-2011, 21:04

bac1023

Mr. Gekko
Well, it is now after Memorial Day....:tongueout:

So, what outfit should I wear. More important, what gun matches my outfit?:dunno:

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 21:05

C'mon man....are you freaking serious? Piece o' cake.

http://www.whiskeytangofirearms.com/images/P/TI19110938PG1_1.jpg

By the way, Al was dead on. I am clearly offloading the Brown to pay for one of these beauties. I can no longer resist it's siren song.

Ruggles
06-06-2011, 21:05
A big "Hell Yeah" to that one!!!

Went back to the gun store at lunch today....NIB Colt 5" .38 Super in the case. Not even one of those flashy pimpy (is that a word?) shiny one but just a basic blue model for $785. I want me a 5" .38 Super :crying:

I keep trying to justify why I "need" that gun even though I realy don't have the cash for it right now....that is not getting me anywhere at all :rofl:

Course I have a couple of revolvers I could trade in :whistling: And they do have a 90 day layaway program......damn JMB for his evil addictive creation:rofl:

glock2740
06-06-2011, 21:07
Rule #1 of the GT 1911 subforum...don't mess with a regular. :thumbsup: :cool:

Nickpisp
06-06-2011, 21:08

I felt bad when you said you might get rid of the KC, but this brought me to tears.

Mr. Gekko
06-06-2011, 21:08
C'mon man....are you freaking serious? Piece o' cake.

http://www.whiskeytangofirearms.com/images/P/TI19110938PG1_1.jpg

That matches my eyes also...

thecableguy
06-06-2011, 21:11
I felt bad when you said you might get rid of the KC, but this brought me to tears.

:rofl::rofl:

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 21:15

Dude, you saw the growler my wife got me last week for my bday, right? That was the first microbrew I've had in................I can't remember. :faint:

Giving up good beer was the worst. :crying:

GeorgiaRedfish
06-06-2011, 21:17
Bob.
Shut the ******* up, you ********ing dick.

Sorry to hear about the bad times Paul man, I sure hope you find something fun. Don't let this chode choker put you in a worse mood, but I know you are to intelligent to let an *****wipe like that get to you.

I say save up for a Marvel Unit, because that KC is a piece of Artwork, and you will regret it forever trust me. Hell just stop shooting so much and do dry fire/drawing practice.

The job market sucks, believe me I know, but it has been getting better at least around here.

Good luck man.

Ruggles
06-06-2011, 21:22
Bob.

http://i55.tinypic.com/sqh5zd.png

If we are playing Hangman I got dibs on F ! :supergrin:

Nickpisp
06-06-2011, 21:24

I call "U"! :rofl:

HotRoderX
06-06-2011, 21:25
Went back to the gun store at lunch today....NIB Colt 5" .38 Super in the case. Not even one of those flashy pimpy (is that a word?) shiny one but just a basic blue model for $785. I want me a 5" .38 Super :crying:

I keep trying to justify why I "need" that gun even though I realy don't have the cash for it right now....that is not getting me anywhere at all :rofl:

Course I have a couple of revolvers I could trade in :whistling: And they do have a 90 day layaway program......damn JMB for his evil addictive creation:rofl:

Cause you want one. As long as it not keeping you from feeding wife and kids (if you have them) then I say go for it. Whats the point in having a job if you dont treat your self from time to time.

Ruggles
06-06-2011, 21:33
Cause you want one. As long as it not keeping you from feeding wife and kids (if you have them) then I say go for it. Whats the point in having a job if you dont treat your self from time to time.

Oh yeah wife (20 years) and 3 kids 8,13,16 :)

I might look at trading the revolvers in (Taurus Public Defender & Uberti 1875 Outlaw) :dunno:

I agree aboout treating myself, problem is I treated myself to a little Sig 238 last week and still am paying George off on a Wilson :rofl:

lawdog734
06-06-2011, 21:36
Keep the kc, I gotta agree with glock2740. Luckly I get no respect here anyways so I'll say look at an airsoft pistol to train with.... Now that you a-holes are done laughing they are some models that are built to train police with and have metal bodies and the muscle memory will be the same. If you need to carry something else let me know, you can put the kc up for now and you can borrow one of mine that I don't shoot. By August I plan on trying to start reloading in which case I'll hook you up.

HotRoderX
06-06-2011, 21:39
Oh yeah wife (20 years) and 3 kids 8,13,16 :)

I might look at trading the revolvers in (Taurus Public Defender & Uberti 1875 Outlaw) :dunno:

I agree aboout treating myself, problem is I treated myself to a little Sig 238 last week and still am paying George off on a Wilson :rofl:
I say dump the two revolvers especial the Public Defender. I think the judges are great novelty items but that's about it. 45colt as a defence caliber is way to powerful and 410 out of such a short barrel is all but useless. The wads gonna do more damage then the shot will.

HAIL CAESAR
06-06-2011, 21:46
Hoke if you lived near me I would damn near let you store my Marvel kit at your house. It ain't shooting a 45........but it ain't picking your nose either.

thecableguy
06-06-2011, 21:51
I say dump the wife and kids.

Sorry couldn't resist

CMG
06-06-2011, 21:52
hokie,

If you want to PM me your address, I'll send you some once-fired .45 brass to tide you over. I can easily let go of some. How much did you say you need to get your buddy to load for you? I may not be able to send all you need, but I'll bet there are some others here who could send you a box or two?

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 21:53
Hoke if you lived near me I would damn near let you store my Marvel kit at your house. It ain't shooting a 45........but it ain't picking your nose either.

Thanks Al. :cheers:

HAIL CAESAR
06-06-2011, 22:03
45colt as a defence caliber is way to powerful

:dunno:

Hokie1911
06-06-2011, 22:04
hokie,

If you want to PM me your address, I'll send you some once-fired .45 brass to tide you over. I can easily let go of some. How much did you say you need to get your buddy to load for you? I may not be able to send all you need, but I'll bet there are some others here who could send you a box or two?

That would be awesome. Thanks my friend. Anything would help. :thumbsup:

HotRoderX
06-06-2011, 22:08
:dunno:

I would worry about over penetration unless your loading your own. I have always been told 45colt was a woods gun caliber.

HotRoderX
06-06-2011, 22:09

There are places online that sell once fired brass 1000 for 75bucks not sure if that's a good deal or not. Worse case you could always go scavenge at the local range.

GeorgiaRedfish
06-06-2011, 22:12
I don't shoot that often Paul but if brass would help I'll send some when I go next

Mr. Gekko
06-06-2011, 22:16

I don't have much 45 brass, but I can send you what I have if you want it and you can use it.

Ruggles
06-06-2011, 22:17

Sorry couldn't resist

Like I have not tried to dump the wife and kids already :rofl:

Sarge43
06-06-2011, 22:18
Hey,
Sorry to hear about the job situation, and I hope it improves soon.
Maybe another suggestion though - If you have a friend that has a 9mm, maybe you could "trade" pistols for a while? This would let him experience the EB and let you get in more shooting with a 9mm platform. This of course, is assuming that you both trust each other implicitly and that you have a friend that owns a 9mm 1911 platform. I think it's a great way to experience another brand/pistol than you have now without having to spend the money getting it for yourself.
I know for myself, selling the EB would be drastic and I'd regret it in the long run. It would only cost you more $$$ down the road when you go to replace it (an almost inevitable conclusion).
Good luck bud, I do hope it turns around for you!
Sarge

Nickpisp
06-06-2011, 22:18

If brass helps, PM me your address. I'll throw in a craft beer, waffles and a dildo too.

MD357
06-06-2011, 22:21

Sell the KC.... that's Blasphemy!! :cool:

My honest advice tends to agree with Bob (just in philosophy).... however if this is short term like 6-8 months then don't sell. If this is a long term deal, get yourself a 9mm 1911 or a used Glock.

Anyone up for a save Hokie's "tool" fund? :whistling:

Ruggles
06-06-2011, 22:25
I say dump the two revolvers especial the Public Defender. I think the judges are great novelty items but that's about it. 45colt as a defence caliber is way to powerful and 410 out of such a short barrel is all but useless. The wads gonna do more damage then the shot will.

Not sure about birdshot out a .410 but the newer defense loads from Winchester and Federal for the .410 handguns are pretty stout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR-A8irzyWo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff-BizqTaOA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INTYgD2lEek&feature=related

Not a long range choice for sure but that looks a wee bit ugly within five yards :) The Federal load is 4 rounds of buckshot so that would be messy as well.

HAIL CAESAR
06-06-2011, 22:31
I would worry about over penetration unless your loading your own. I have always been told 45colt was a woods gun caliber.

http://www.shopcorbon.com/Self-Defense-JHP/45-Colt-Plus-P-200gr-CORBON-Self-Defense-JHP/SD45C200-20/100/Product

http://www.winchester.com/Products/handgun-ammunition/super-x/silvertip-hollow-point/Pages/X45CSHP2.aspx

http://www.hornady.com/store/45-Colt-185-GR-FTX-Critical-Defense/

http://www.winchester.com/Products/handgun-ammunition/supreme-elite/bonded-pdx1/Pages/S45CPDB.aspx

I've tested the Judge with the 410 buck......I would agree it's a novelty round in a handgun.

HotRoderX
06-06-2011, 22:34
Not sure about birdshot out a .410 but the newer defense loads from Winchester and Federal for the .410 handguns are pretty stout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR-A8irzyWo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff-BizqTaOA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INTYgD2lEek&feature=related

Not a long range choice for sure but that looks a wee bit ugly within five yards :) The Federal load is 4 rounds of buckshot so that would be messy as well.

I didn't know they had shot shells like that out. Shoot I wouldn't wanna take one to the chest at five yards. That seriously looks like you have zero survivability if they manged to hit you in the chest area.

HotRoderX
06-06-2011, 22:36
http://www.shopcorbon.com/Self-Defense-JHP/45-Colt-Plus-P-200gr-CORBON-Self-Defense-JHP/SD45C200-20/100/Product

http://www.winchester.com/Products/handgun-ammunition/super-x/silvertip-hollow-point/Pages/X45CSHP2.aspx

http://www.hornady.com/store/45-Colt-185-GR-FTX-Critical-Defense/

http://www.winchester.com/Products/handgun-ammunition/supreme-elite/bonded-pdx1/Pages/S45CPDB.aspx

I've tested the Judge with the 410 buck......I would agree it's a novelty round in a handgun.

I didn't even know they made SD 45colt rounds like that. Wow I guess I was wrong but hey I learned something new. Some of them where even shot out of shorter 3inch barrels.

glock2740
06-06-2011, 22:37
Keep the kc, I gotta agree with glock2740. Luckly I get no respect here anyways so I'll say look at an airsoft pistol to train with.... Now that you a-holes are done laughing they are some models that are built to train police with and have metal bodies and the muscle memory will be the same. If you need to carry something else let me know, you can put the kc up for now and you can borrow one of mine that I don't shoot. By August I plan on trying to start reloading in which case I'll hook you up.
Thanks Lawdog. Finally someone that agree's with me. :thumbsup:

bac1023
06-06-2011, 22:40

Original spec 45 Colt is about equal to 45ACP.

HAIL CAESAR
06-06-2011, 22:44

Yup. The only difference between them is (obviously) there are more 45 ACP choices than 45 Colt. And the 45 Colt can be loaded H-O-T.., even to the point of surpassing 44 Mag.

HotRoderX
06-06-2011, 22:46

This is probably a dumb question or something I miss read but didn't the 45 colt start out life as the 45 short colt then it was lengthen? If that is correct was the 45 short the one that was as strong as 45acp or was it the long colt.

HotRoderX
06-06-2011, 22:48
Yup. The only difference between them is (obviously) there are more 45 ACP choices than 45 Colt. And the 45 Colt can be loaded H-O-T.., even to the point of surpassing 44 Mag.
I read that before you can take a super red hawk in 45lc and do some pretty crazy loads. The Rugers are built like a tank literally. I think there pretty hard to kaboom. My fathers old Ruger he use to shot smoking 357mags out of it. In fact my uncle destroyed a 686 using the 357mag loads my father was using.

bac1023
06-06-2011, 22:48

Sure can, Al.

Loaded hot, the 45 Colt is a nasty round.

HAIL CAESAR
06-06-2011, 22:58
Sure can, Al.

Loaded hot, the 45 Colt is a nasty round.

It sure is Sonny!!!!:rofl:

(Sorry I could help myself after reading that moronic thread last week):wavey:

Rimcrew
06-06-2011, 23:51
Hey Hokie,

Sorry bro; I'm late to the game, but if there is anything I can do to help, just say the word.

Have you considered just doing some dry-fire practice for a few months? I know it's not the same, but my biggest shooting improvements have come as a result of lots of dry firing.

Fedor
06-07-2011, 04:45
Not being able to shoot as much is no reason to sell your Ed Brown.

faawrenchbndr
06-07-2011, 04:47
Interesting...

Dude,......let it go & drop the prick *** attitude!

polizei1
06-07-2011, 05:00
Paul, I'm not quite fully understanding the problem. If you are currently only able to shoot 150 rds/month, then so be it. I haven't shot in probably 5 months, and I can't afford ammo either right now.

If you are looking for a .22, you can look into the GSG if you don't want a conversion. I don't have very many rounds through mine, but .22 is extremely cheap to shoot. I also know you said you can't reload, but if you could somehow come up with the means, I would look into it. You can get a single stage LEE with everything you need for ~$150 IIRC. It wouldn't be the fastest, but would be a good cheap way to get into reloading.

Hope it works out for you, I certainly wouldn't sell the KC because you WILL regret it.

awpk03s
06-07-2011, 05:11

HOT 45 Colt rounds are FUN. I am a big fan of DoubleTap's 300gr JHP loading (until I get a reloading setup and roll my own).

Gunshine
06-07-2011, 05:18
Interesting...

Dear bob. Hokie is a well respected and well liked member of the 1911 sub forum. Having read a couple of your posts may I suggest you restrict your comments to the political issues forum. Seems like they might be your kind of people.

bac1023
06-07-2011, 05:24
It sure is Sonny!!!!:rofl:

That was a fun thread indeed. :supergrin:

BuckyP
06-07-2011, 05:40

Sorry, they only applies if you also have one of these!

http://www.popguns.com/badge/badge%20images/heavybadge.jpg

:tongueout:

bac1023
06-07-2011, 05:42
Sorry, they only applies if you also have one of these!

http://www.popguns.com/badge/badge%20images/heavybadge.jpg

:tongueout:

:animlol:

knedrgr
06-07-2011, 05:57
Bob.

Sorry to hear about the bad times Paul man, I sure hope you find something fun. Don't let this chode choker put you in a worse mood, but I know you are to intelligent to let an *****wipe like that get to you.

I say save up for a Marvel Unit, because that KC is a piece of Artwork, and you will regret it forever trust me. Hell just stop shooting so much and do dry fire/drawing practice.

The job market sucks, believe me I know, but it has been getting better at least around here.

Good luck man.

http://i55.tinypic.com/sqh5zd.png

I almost spit out my morning coffee all over my desk. :animlol:

knedrgr
06-07-2011, 06:00
Thanks fellas. Like I said...talk me off the wall and you guys did. :supergrin:

2011 has been a year of repeated kicks in my bojangles with losing my mom, the job crap, and now this. It hasn't killed me yet, so apparently it's making me stronger.

Good for you. Keep the KC.

If you really want some range time with a 9mm to train with, I'll let you borrow my S&W M&P9. The ergo is pretty much the same as a 1911.

I think your best option is to get the 22 conversion. Learning to control the trigger pull is one of the most important thing. Maybe it will help with your ****ty arse groups. :tongueout:

knedrgr
06-07-2011, 06:03
I still go with keeping it.

On another note, Do Quack, knedrer and the others around you reload? If they don't, ask them for the brass (if they shoot it) if they do not to save some coin.

ETA: DRC makes some good points.

Quack and I having bought any equipments. But we do have a bunch of brass saved up.

There have been a talk about a community reloader... :whistling:

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 06:34
I just traded my Kobra Carry for a Taurus, 2 Glocks, and a Hi-Point. Sorry fellas, the deal was just too good to pass up. :supergrin:

I have stepped back from the ledge and won't make any decisions for a while I think. I was merely thinking out loud and looking for advice, and really appreciate all the input, well minus the d-bag that crashed the party.

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 06:34
Going to just keep shooting and saving my brass for a while.

craig19
06-07-2011, 06:38
Paul, is the Brown your only gun?

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 06:41
Paul, is the Brown your only gun?

Yes. That was my thought for picking up the 9mm RIA. Gives me a cheaper alternative for rangework, while still feeling like I'm actually shooting (vs .22).

craig19
06-07-2011, 06:53
Gotcha. I think Buds had them for $410 shipped, that's not too bad. 9mm certainly is a lot cheaper. I don't think I would be able to part with that KC, though.

knedrgr
06-07-2011, 06:56
Yes. That was my thought for picking up the 9mm RIA. Gives me a cheaper alternative for rangework, while still feeling like I'm actually shooting (vs .22).

Trigger work is more important than just to throw lead down range. And how much will you really be saving with a 9mm? Ammo for 9mm is roughly 2/3 of 45ACP's.

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 07:01
Trigger work is more important than just to throw lead down range. And how much will you really be saving with a 9mm? Ammo for 9mm is roughly 2/3 of 45ACP's.

I thought it was more like half. I get the trigger control aspect, but without the recoil, how beneficial is that really?

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 07:02
Gotcha. I think Buds had them for $410 shipped, that's not too bad. 9mm certainly is a lot cheaper. I don't think I would be able to part with that KC, though.

I think that's the GI. I'd want a beavertail.

knedrgr
06-07-2011, 07:08
I thought it was more like half. I get the trigger control aspect, but without the recoil, how beneficial is that really?

Nope. A box of 9mm is $11-12/50. A box of 45ACP is $17-18/50. This is according to Wally World's retail. So you're not really saving that much.

Trigger control is way more beneficial than you think. That's why I want to also get a 22LR to help with the training. Sure, dry firing will help, but without seeing the results of that specific pull doesn't really help to know if it was done correctly or not. Thus the 22LR will let you see that result w/o burning up cash.

Quack
06-07-2011, 07:29
keep the KC. dry fire using the pencil drill. when you go to the range focus on one aspect of shooting. always save your brass even though you don't reload.

midliferally
06-07-2011, 07:39
Paul, Keep it! You seem to have your priorities straight about your family and I would hate to see you sell the KC. I think you would regret it later. Unless there was an urgent need I'd say keep it and ride it out. I don't shoot that much but if you start reloading I'll gladly sent brass. LMK.

lawdog734
06-07-2011, 07:53
Now if you want to sell that omega...... :whistling:

Rinspeed
06-07-2011, 07:56
If you sell that EB Paul I'm going to kick your ***. :whistling: If are forced to sell it at least wait until after I get a chance to shoot it. :rofl:

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 08:06

Selling the gun, she could care less. The Omega? That would get me divorced. :rofl:

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 08:07
If you sell that EB Paul I'm going to kick your ***. :whistling: If are forced to sell it at least wait until after I get a chance to shoot it. :rofl:

Not selling it, Jeff. So no need for the threat of violence. :supergrin:

Nickpisp
06-07-2011, 08:10

How many donuts are you willing to give for it? :rofl:

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 08:14
keep the KC. dry fire using the pencil drill. when you go to the range focus on one aspect of shooting. always save your brass even though you don't reload.

Definitely going to start saving it or our NEO Shooters loading parties. There will be chips and dips and good times had by all.

SIGShooter
06-07-2011, 08:15
Hookie,

I wish I would have caught this thread sooner. I would have sent you a Glock 19 for your use. Seriously, been in your situation before and it ain't fun.

Get back on your feet and get your KC back. I wish you the best brother!

knedrgr
06-07-2011, 08:24
How many donuts are you willing to give for it? :rofl:

I won't take any donuts from Lawdog...he might have licked them all...or worse... :rofl:

craig19
06-07-2011, 08:38
I think that's the GI. I'd want a beavertail.

It's the "tactical" http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_876/products_id/411541851

I almost bought one over the weekend, then the wife put an end to that real quick.

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 08:40
I won't take any donuts from Lawdog...he might have licked them all...or worse... :rofl:

I'd take Lawdog's donut before I'd take Quack's donut.........no wait, that just sounds wrong. :ack:

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 08:43
It's the "tactical" http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_876/products_id/411541851

I almost bought one over the weekend, then the wife put an end to that real quick.

Hmmmm, last time I looked, Bud's was out of stock on them. $410 shipped is really tempting. :whistling:

craig19
06-07-2011, 08:48
Hmmmm, last time I looked, Bud's was out of stock on them. $410 shipped is really tempting. :whistling:

It was the 45 version I was looking, I was trying to decide between that an a Beretta 92FS. In the end I can't get either right now.:upeyes:

TKR Reptiles
06-07-2011, 08:50
Just keep the gun and shoot less bro... Do you really need to shoot that much to "train" with it? In all reality if you ever have to use it to defend yourself or your family (god forbid that ever happen), it is going to be very up close and personal... You probably won't even be thinking rationally enough to aim fully... You will just point at the biggest part of the person and shoot... So..... The point to all this is keep the Brown, you waited forever for it and shoot less... THEN when your job situation changes, go out and shoot the piss out of it to make up for lost time lol... Dave made a great point too... You will probably take a beating if you sell it or trade it, so instead of doing that buy a cheaper 9mm. like a Glock if you truly feel you need to shoot that much...

BUT KEEP YOUR BROWN!!!

TKR Reptiles
06-07-2011, 08:51

Add 3% if you use a CC...

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 08:54
Add 3% if you use a CC...

Was kidding. Not going to buy it. Just going to stick with the "shoot less, and save my brass to reload" philosophy.

Nickpisp
06-07-2011, 08:54
I'd take Lawdog's donut before I'd take Quack's donut.........no wait, that just sounds wrong. :ack:

I wouldn't take a creme filled from either one of them......

TKR Reptiles
06-07-2011, 09:00
Was kidding. Not going to buy it. Just going to stick with the "shoot less, and save my brass to reload" philosophy.

Good choice!!! If it gets too bad lemme know, I am sure I have a spare 9mm. Glock around here you could borrow... :rofl:

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 09:01
Good choice!!! If it gets too bad lemme know, I am sure I have a spare 9mm. Glock around here you could borrow... :rofl:

It will never get that bad. :rofl:

craig19
06-07-2011, 09:01
I wouldn't take a creme filled from either one of them......

I had visions of Van Wilder when I read that comment. :ack:

Gunshine
06-07-2011, 09:02

Good decision. Even if you don't use it for a year or more your skills will come back to you. If you sell you'll regret it forever.

Hokie1911
06-07-2011, 09:04
Good decision. Even if you don't use it for a year or more your skills will come back to you. If you sell you'll regret it forever.

It won't be that extreme. I can at minimum scrounge up the change on the floor of the Odyssey or raid my kid's piggybank to put 50 rounds of 230gr FMJ through it per month. :supergrin:

...as these "skills" you are referring to, you may have me confused with someone else. :rofl:

Nickpisp
06-07-2011, 09:05
I had visions of Van Wilder when I read that comment. :ack:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/polls/120196_1222197379406_full.jpg

craig19
06-07-2011, 09:09
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/polls/120196_1222197379406_full.jpg

I am work, so the pictures are blocked right now, which I'm guessing that is a good thing. :thumbsup: