Question on DDM4 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question on DDM4

Protectthehome
06-06-2011, 20:22
All its been a while since posted and was about to make what i think is a major purchase so i wanted to see what people thought.

I purchased A DDM4v1 last year and have been saving up for optics this year. all in all i didnt save enough for anything good but am going to treat myself anyhow. I have been reading reviews on EOTech 557.G23FTS Tactical HWS and began to fall in love with it.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/eotech-holographic-sight-557-w-3x-fts-magnifier-weapon-sight-system.html

Is this a purchase you think is worth it? I have found a few places around $860 new but it is outta stock....I have one on hold for $960 and before i picked it up thought i should get additional feedback.

What other cons am i missing? most common is the size of the reticles with out magnifier (and from my wife the price)

please let me know

also any other suggestions for the rifle are much appreciated i currently have some bare rails

skdmrklcy
06-06-2011, 20:28
What can you not get for 960 that you were after in the first place?

I would go with a ACOG or a Aimpoint T1 and then add the Magnifier later.

Something about an EOTech with a magnifier does not seem right to me... I am sure it would work though.

Fwdftw
06-06-2011, 20:30
I prefer aimpoint micros..no reason I just prefer the small optic

Protectthehome
06-06-2011, 20:33
What can you not get for 960 that you were after in the first place?

I would go with a ACOG or a Aimpoint T1 and then add the Magnifier later.

Something about an EOTech with a magnifier does not seem right to me... I am sure it would work though.

oops sorry i probably wrote that wrong. I actually have about 400 saved but am willing to spend more as long as i get the quality....Will check out the aimpoint t1

skdmrklcy
06-06-2011, 20:36
https://danieldefense.com/TortureTest

This makes me want a T1.

I am sure any good AR would survive this... not so sure about some optics.

BBJones
06-06-2011, 21:49
+1 on a Aimpoint micro and maybe add magnifier later. Or get a 1-4 scope with a mount. Viper PST w/ a mount will be below $650 or if wanting to go top notch NightForce 1-4 with mount for $1300+ new but can be found used for $1100 or so.

EOTech with magnifier would be way down on my list. YMMV

Protectthehome
06-06-2011, 22:16
Thanks everyone for your comments.....decisions decisions decisions.....i guess i have a few more days of sights to research...I will definitely let you know how i make out. thanks again for your experience suggestions and coments

pleaforwar
06-06-2011, 23:10
First, let me say that I DO NOT think that Eotech optics are garbage. They have their place and a considerable following. That being said, I do not think the L3 line is superior to the Aimpoint T1/H1 or CompM4s. As shown in the Daniel Defense video, the dang things are nearly indestructible.

Now, on to my personal experience. My experience with RDS include 3 Aimpoints and 2 Eotechs. I had a 512 and a XPS 2-0. The 512 was sold after it leaked battery acid on my hand (after about 50 hours usage). The XPS ran out of battery power after ~100 hours usage. To me that is unacceptable, to you that might be fine.

I own an Aimpoint CompML3, a T1, and a CompM4s. The only one that lost power was the ML3 after an unknown hour count (picked it up used). I leave all three on at all times. I have not babied these optics, and they have proven themselves to me.

Accuracy seems to be important to you (judging by the desire for a magnifier), but what are you expecting out of the optic? Depending on your marksmanship ability, any one of these optics will be useful out to 300 yards. Definitely not meant for ultimate precision, but still more than capable for defensive applications.

Best of luck with your purchase, and let us know how it works out for you.

Cheers,
Dan

Protectthehome
06-09-2011, 19:03
Hey everyone thanks for your replies and your feedback....i made my decision....

first let me start off by saying i tested the eotech mpo II from a buddy (on My DDM4) and the aimpoint t-1 (i think it was a t-1) from ramdom guy at the range (on his AR15) and I made my decision.

I ended up purchasing the EoTech MPO II and like its versatility. Im not sure if it was the aimpoint or the set up on the other carbine that didnt suit me but it was hard to even ask the guy if i could test his scope.... i couldnt come to ask if I could put it on my own M4.

thanks again and Ill let you know if i like it after about 500 - 600 rounds I should recieve it in the mail by 6/13 and will put maybe 300 or 400 rounds down range that upcoming weekend.

ghostwn
06-09-2011, 20:31
I was torn between EO Tech and Aimpoint T1. Decided to go with the T1 from La Rue with their mount. Its not a bad combat sight for up to 300 yards. :whistling::popcorn:

BBJones
06-10-2011, 11:29
I was torn between EO Tech and Aimpoint T1. Decided to go with the T1 from La Rue with their mount. Its not a bad combat sight for up to 300 yards. :whistling::popcorn:
Are you expecting an argument? I think pretty much everyone agrees with what you said.

ghostwn
06-11-2011, 14:07
Are you expecting an argument? I think pretty much everyone agrees with what you said.

That's good to know, just wasn't sure.