Baltimore p.d. Urges cops to use caution with 2a rights group [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore p.d. Urges cops to use caution with 2a rights group

HerrGlock
06-08-2011, 01:44
http://investigativevoice.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8244:gun-spat-memo-urges-city-police-to-use-caution-with-second-amendment-rights-group&catid=25:the-project&Itemid=44
BALTIMORE P.D. ‘INTELLIGENCE BULLETIN’ URGES COPS TO USE CAUTION
WITH 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS GROUP
http://www.ankylosaur.com/images/baltimorepolciedecalwarning.jpg

Highspeedlane
06-08-2011, 01:47
Not surprised by this at all.

A long time ago I decided against putting anything on my car that would in any way be an indicator that I exercise one of our constitutional rights. But more for insulation from having my car ransacked by a crack head than the reaction I might receive from a cop.

Foxtrotx1
06-08-2011, 01:53
"Criminal Intelligence Bulletin"

Enough Said.

ancient_serpent
06-08-2011, 03:25
Yeah, CCW'ers are really the demographic to be worried about. :upeyes:

N4LP
06-08-2011, 03:38
I'm going to make one of those with 3 lines and the number 3 just to confuse people.

TScottW99
06-08-2011, 03:54
Second amendment supporter may be armed. In other breaking news.... water may be wet. :supergrin:

ftw13
06-08-2011, 04:03
libtard cops suck,good cops rule......cops should be rolling around giving thumbs up to that decal not being scared of it

vafish
06-08-2011, 04:08
That is from the peoples republic of Maryland. Their cops aren't used to meeting civilians that can legally carry concealed guns.

vafish
06-08-2011, 04:10
I'm going to make one of those with 3 lines and the number 3 just to confuse people.

Make it with a 2+2, so when they ask you "what's 2+2?" You can say four.

stevelyn
06-08-2011, 04:21
When they start looking at us as the enemy then they have become an occupation force.

Of course in a ****hole like Maryland it shouldn't come as any surprise. After all they hire idiots like Chief "Lone White Guy' Moose to head up their departments.

JMS
06-08-2011, 05:05
Being from Baltimore I quickly realized that the reason they don't let citizens defend themselves is because crime pays. It's a money maker for the government that allows them to keep 'budgeting' money towards their 'fight' which shockingly never ends.

This is the same as the fight against drugs or terrorism. As soon as the 'war' stops so does massive amounts of funding which everyone in power skims off of.

unit 900
06-08-2011, 05:34
That is from the peoples republic of Maryland. Their cops aren't used to meeting civilians that can legally carry concealed guns.

vafish nailed it here. Carry permits are like chicken lips in Md. Officers have NO expectation of decent folks carrying firearms. In the collective lib mind, guns are BAD, so anyone not in uniform carrying one is BAD. Police, infected by decades of liberal democrat rule are not excepted from this frame of mind. I expect the Criminal Intel folks will have a flyer regarding 'molon labe' stickers next. Actually, I'm shocked this hasn't happened; as it's for the children.

If I had a dollar foe every unlicensed businessman I cut a break to for carrying, I could take at least one GT'er to lunch.

JohnBT
06-08-2011, 05:44
"what's 2+2?"

An accountant would answer, "What do you want it to be?"

But seriously, it's Balmer and the cops their are notorious for a variety of things. We left in 1962. It used to be a great town where it was safe for elementary school kids to walk for miles by themselves. Now, even the cops are scared.

eracer
06-08-2011, 05:47
"what's 2+2?"

An accountant would answer, "What do you want it to be?"

But seriously, it's Balmer and the cops their are notorious for a variety of things. We left in 1962. It used to be a great town where it was safe for elementary school kids to walk for miles by themselves. Now, even the cops are scared.And you moved to Richmond???

Nice upgrade....:supergrin:

gwalchmai
06-08-2011, 06:41
Shouldn't officers always assume the occupant is armed?

HerrGlock
06-08-2011, 06:47

In MD that cannot be because they do not issue CCW licenses and no one would violate the law against carrying a firearm without one.

walt cowan
06-08-2011, 06:48
trust me, the thugs in this town will not have this sticker on their cars. city wide elections are comming up. tptb need to scare their voters once more with the white-boogieman.

cowboywannabe
06-08-2011, 06:48

Bingo!

Bilbo Bagins
06-08-2011, 06:55
In MD that cannot be because they do not issue CCW licenses and no one would violate the law against carrying a firearm without one.

They do offer CCW permits in MD, but its bar none the most restrictive way for a civilian to get a permit to carry in the USA, with the exception of NYC.

You basically need to prove that your life is in dangerfrom a specific threat, as in you already have police records showing someone ALREADY attacked you. Then you need to jump thru additonal hoops.

If some woman was being stalked by an ex, she will probably be dead by the time she gets her permit to carry.

HerrGlock
06-08-2011, 07:00
They do offer CCW permits in MD, but its bar none the most restrictive way for a civilian to get a permit to carry in the USA, with the exception of NYC.

You basically need to prove that your life is in dangerfrom a specific threat, as in you already have police records showing someone ALREADY attacked you. Then you need to jump thru additonal hoops.

If some woman was being stalked by an ex, she will probably be dead by the time she gets her permit to carry.

I know. It was a bit of a caustic remark on MD's seeming perception that other than apparently this sticker no one would possibly be carrying a firearm.

Half-Breed
06-08-2011, 07:15
I wonder if the Baltimore PD has an Intelligence Bulletin out on NRA window decals? :headscratch:

1gewehr
06-08-2011, 10:51
Make it with a 2+2, so when they ask you "what's 2+2?" You can say four.

Or better, when they ask you "What's that for?", you can answer "yes".:supergrin:

Jerry
06-08-2011, 11:44
Baltimore PD and Intelligence Bulletin, wouldn’t that be an oxymoron? :tongueout: :rofl:

JMS
06-08-2011, 12:04
I almost want to buy it just because.

eb31
06-08-2011, 12:08
Maybe they leave CC'ers alone now and just just back to beating up 14 yr old skateboarders.