Citilink to let riders carry guns on its buses [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Citilink to let riders carry guns on its buses

HerrGlock
06-08-2011, 04:52
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20110607/LOCAL/306079957/-1/local11

Misty02
06-08-2011, 05:26
“If you’re not an officer, you shouldn’t have to take a gun,” she said.

Do they understand that among the reasons officers carry is because they have to deal with the same criminals that prey on other citizens and they have to defend themselves while apprehending them?

If there were no criminals preying on members of society we wouldn’t need police officers and our need of firearms for self-defense would be non-existent either. Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

IndyGunFreak
06-08-2011, 06:00
While Lanahan said there really isn’t any way for drivers to know whether someone is carrying a gun onto a bus, Citilink does not want to encourage people to bring firearms on board.

Don't let those open carry clowns hear this.

cowboy1964
06-08-2011, 09:20
You SHOULDN'T have to take a gun anywhere. But we don't live in Shouldntland, do we.

MrVvrroomm
06-08-2011, 09:42
concealed is concealed

engineer151515
06-08-2011, 09:46
You SHOULDN'T have to take a gun anywhere. But we don't live in Shouldntland, do we.

Shouldntland . . . I'll have to use that one.

vafish
06-08-2011, 12:31
Waaaaaa blood in the streets and on the busses and in the library.

I've been able to carry in all those places for years.here in va. No problems.

I ride public transportation in the Washington dc area.

Those people who say guns don't belong on public transportation should ride it more often.

pizza_pablo
06-08-2011, 13:54
:upeyes:

kensteele
06-08-2011, 15:39
still in missouri, taking a firearm aboard a public bus can get you arrested on a felony; it's still specifically prohibited even if you have a permit. it's an old law that supports the general public's fears and it's long overdue to be repealed or amended to allow lawful ccw. but what do i care, i guess i don't ride the public transportation system.

Patchman
06-08-2011, 19:23
In maritime law, the Captain of the Ship has final authority to maintain order. The captain can prescribe punishments up to and including flogging and death by hanging.

In many modern jurisdictions involving buses and trains, the train engineer/conductor and bus driver are empowered with similar authority. So I think Citiline's drivers should be provided with firepower. This will maintain the peace on buses and ensure all passengers pay their fares.

LongGoneDays
06-12-2011, 02:20
The amount of chapped ass in the quotes is astounding.

Caver 60
06-12-2011, 20:47
still in missouri, taking a firearm aboard a public bus can get you arrested on a felony; it's still specifically prohibited even if you have a permit. it's an old law that supports the general public's fears and it's long overdue to be repealed or amended to allow lawful ccw. but what do i care, i guess i don't ride the public transportation system.

Strongly agree with the part about being '...long overdue to be repealed.'

But isn't it also some sort of federal law about riding on busses as well? Hope I'm wrong about that.

UtahIrishman
06-12-2011, 21:09
I would never ever consider riding public transportation without a concealed weapon. (Unfortunately I have no choice with planes...so I'm editing this to say almost never)

I had my truck in the shop for a few days about a month ago and I took bus and then the municipal train to work. It's been quite a while since I last rode public transportation.

Nothing has changed since the last time I rode it...in my opinion public transportation is hazardous to your health.