Looking for an economical BCG [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an economical BCG

Nolashooter
06-08-2011, 22:28
Yes, I put economical instead of cheap because I don't really want cheap but I have little funds. I saw the thread about the $109 Spikes BCG at Aim but they are sold out. If it matters I am looking to pick up a BCM 14.5" upper and I am not a LEO so it would be used for just some range shooting probably about once a month. Please give me some options. Thanks.

glock031
06-08-2011, 22:54
PSA BCG

Palmetto state armory. The MP & HT tested bolt premium bcg they have listed.

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/ar-upper-parts.php

Nolashooter
06-10-2011, 08:13
Another question,
I have seen semi v. auto BCG's. If I never have the desire to go auto should I keep away from them or do they add some sort of value?

cyrsequipment
06-10-2011, 08:39
Another question,
I have seen semi v. auto BCG's. If I never have the desire to go auto should I keep away from them or do they add some sort of value?

You can't go full-auto, it's illegal.

faawrenchbndr
06-10-2011, 08:57
Spend a few bucks more and get a good BCG.
Daniel Defense, Bravo Company, Colt,.......it's one of the more important parts, don't go cheap.
A BCM is about $135. Full auto has a bit more material to it, debatable if it's needed.

boomhower
06-10-2011, 09:26

Nothing wrong or illegal about having a full auto carrier.

I would also suggest a name brand bcg from bcm, dd etc. but right now finding one is tough at best. Only thing I know of in stock is colt at $180. I would get a PSA and call it a day. The $120 version ticks all the right spots on the spec sheet. If you feel the need to replace it do so when the others come back in stock and keep the psa as a spare. Since they have started doing lowers, uppers, and bcg I have yet to see someone complain about the quality. I would bet the bcg is built on the same line as many of the big names.

Burns
06-10-2011, 09:50
I agree, this isn't the place to save $ - buy a solid BCG.

Nolashooter
06-10-2011, 10:47
Well, like I first said I chose to use the word economical, not cheap. I would rather not go cheap and have regrets. I will most likely do the PSA although someone locally has RRA complete BCG's for $129.99 + tax. Thanks for the help.

bullittmcqueen
06-10-2011, 11:02

Absolutely false information. Full auto BCG are ATF legal. Most high end AR makers use them in their standard rifles and they have quite an advantage over other BCG's. Read this link to educate yourself:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=14534
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=76465

On another note, if there are two things on your AR not to cheap out on, one is the BCG and the other is the barrel,fwiw.

faawrenchbndr
06-10-2011, 11:58
Well, like I first said I chose to use the word economical, not cheap. I would rather not go cheap and have regrets. I will most likely do the PSA although someone locally has RRA complete BCG's for $129.99 + tax. Thanks for the help.

Save up another $20 and order a BCM.
RRA is "ok" but there are MUCH better BCG's available for a few $'s more. Don't go cheap!

cyrsequipment
06-10-2011, 12:07
Absolutely false information. Full auto BCG are ATF legal. Most high end AR makers use them in their standard rifles and they have quite an advantage over other BCG's. Read this link to educate yourself:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=14534
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=76465

On another note, if there are two things on your AR not to cheap out on, one is the BCG and the other is the barrel,fwiw.

Before you make a comment, how about your READ what I was responding to :upeyes:

The OP made the comment "If I never have the desire to go auto should I keep away from them or do they add some sort of value?"

I NEVER said that owning a full auto BCG was illegal, I said going full auto was illegal.

faawrenchbndr
06-10-2011, 12:18
Technically speaking it's not illegal to "go full auto".
It is, however, very EXTREMELY expensive to go full auto! $30k+

cyrsequipment
06-10-2011, 12:43
Technically speaking it's not illegal to "go full auto".
It is, however, very EXTREMELY expensive to go full auto! $30k+

Ok, good point... BUT those weapons generally come with their own BCG and it wouldn't be the BCG that would be the cause of "going" auto...

eracer
06-10-2011, 12:45
You can't go full-auto, it's illegal.You can't 'go full-auto' by installing an M16 BCG. It's perfectly legal to have one in a non-NFA weapon.

There's nothing wrong with buying an M16 BCG with the intent of buying an RDIAS later on.

Stating that 'going full-auto is illegal' is both wrong and beside the point of the OP's original question.

faawrenchbndr
06-10-2011, 13:44
Ok, good point... BUT those weapons generally come with their own BCG and it wouldn't be the BCG that would be the cause of "going" auto...

I knew what you meant from the beginning,.......that was an attempt to clear up any further
comments or questions from anyone else.

BBJones
06-10-2011, 14:26
I want to go full retard!

faawrenchbndr
06-10-2011, 14:28
Search for "rubber band bump fire" on YouTube

boomhower
06-10-2011, 14:32
Save up another $20 and order a BCM.
RRA is "ok" but there are MUCH better BCG's available for a few $'s more. Don't go cheap!

Problem is you can't buy a BCM right now, or DD, or pretty much any of the other big name companies, everyone is out of stock.

I would take PSA over RRA BCG.

faawrenchbndr
06-10-2011, 15:23
If you select "send me a e-mail when in stock" you will have one in hand in LESS than two weeks!

FatBoy
06-10-2011, 23:32
Problem is you can't buy a BCM right now, or DD, or pretty much any of the other big name companies, everyone is out of stock.

I would take PSA over RRA BCG.

Colt BCGs are in stock at colt $179.

FB